Meet Uber's new CEO

Flashback121

I wonder what his experience truly is driving.
Is he going to do 2 trips and say wow this is great or will he grind it out for a week or two and see how f up the whole system is.

Improving the driver experience is a top priority for Dara Khosrowshahi who joined Uber on September 5. In his first 2 weeks as CEO, Dara sat down with drivers at a local Greenlight Hub and met with the 180 Days of Change team. This week he's getting behind the wheel to drive.

On meeting drivers:
"I got to meet some of the awesome drivers who make Uber what it is. Lots of honest feedback and even more opportunity!"

Defining experience:
"I moved here as an immigrant when I was 9. The experience of my family losing everything when they came to the U.S. really shaped me."

His leadership style:
"I think that you get so much more in return from working smarter, working more collaboratively, and working together in a way where you are dead honest with each other."

Last edited:

Road2nowhere

Making the money he is making, I would shovel shit with my fingernails and be happy. How bad can driving an Uber car really be with that salary? Bunch of BS. Thanks for nothing

DancingBear

More nitwitcy, thinking the folks in the Hub can help. If they were really drivers, they wouldn't be needing the Hub. They're in the Hub because they're trying to get help with something.

Or am I missing something at the Hub?

NHDriver

Let's see if he does 5 rides, 4 from Uber corp to the airport and one random one driving uber black, or if he does the real grind, pool, eats, bar crowd surge runs. I want him to get 20 minute pings then get cancelled, get drunks trying to pile 6 people in an X and use the Nav system in area he is not familiar with, for 30 days every day. If he doesn't experience the complete spectrum of the job, it's just BS! And if he does 30 days full spectrum I want to know what his rating is and if he gets deactivated from a false accusation and has to deal with Uber support.

NewAge82

Lmmfao. Come on guys. You all should know better. He is not driving no damn uber car around lol. They just got kicked out of London.

Tom Harding

I wonder what his experience truly is driving.
Is he going to do 2 trips and say wow this is great or will he grind it out for a week or two and see how f up the whole system is.

Improving the driver experience is a top priority for Dara Khosrowshahi who joined Uber on September 5. In his first 2 weeks as CEO, Dara sat down with drivers at a local Greenlight Hub and met with the 180 Days of Change team. This week he's getting behind the wheel to drive.

On meeting drivers:
"I got to meet some of the awesome drivers who make Uber what it is. Lots of honest feedback and even more opportunity!"

Defining experience:
"I moved here as an immigrant when I was 9. The experience of my family losing everything when they came to the U.S. really shaped me."

His leadership style:
"I think that you get so much more in return from working smarter, working more collaboratively, and working together in a way where you are dead honest with each other."
He'll probably drive Uber Black or SUV. Not much chance of driving UberX, Pool, or XL. And how long will it be 3 or 4 hours, a day. Needs to be at least 2 weeks to get the "feel" of driving.

No. He made his puppet, Jeff Jones, do that. 'Member?
and then Jones quit

Pchi

It's like when Jane Byrne moved into Cabrini. Just a PR stunt. Shouldn't be a surprise.

Sam D

Did Travis ever drive UberX? :rolleyes:

No .. but there is a that really cool video with that heated discussion between Travis and his uber driver - and then after that incident he got his own driver and stopped Ubering - CLASSIC!!

MrCity

He sees Uber as a means of money/power. Improving the driver experience translates to "this is a campaign I will use to buy good will with my employees." He's not fool, he knows many drivers are not happy with the situation.

""I think that you get so much more in return from working smarter, working more collaboratively, and working together in a way where you are dead honest with each other." = fluff. That means nothing. A good quote for the paper but that's it

Getting behind the wheel = PR move. The guy seems like he wants to be likable and decent. which is pretty smart given the bad PR from the previous CEOs and other Uber incidents. I'm not actually not bitter. He plays the game well so far.

NHDriver

Don't be surprised if he hasn't been on this site, checked out youtube videos and has actually taken Uber himself before coming to Uber, be it select or black car