MEARS -UBER TAXI START DATE 4/19

Shine'ola

I dunno know how the general public feels about cabs in general but IMO I feel like people in cabs have no credit cards (cream of the crop) or either hate / don't trust Uber/Lyft. Then you have the 12 minute wait for an Uber to get to the terminal and cabs are sitting right in front of you...what to do

Big-taxi-shill

It looks like the Mears cabs on the app are going to cost close to what an Uber black does... I have no idea who is going to choose this option.

NYCSUNSHINE

I dunno know how the general public feels about cabs in general but IMO I feel like people in cabs have no credit cards (cream of the crop) or either hate / don't trust Uber/Lyft. Then you have the 12 minute wait for an Uber to get to the terminal and cabs are sitting right in front of you...what to do
Post automatically merged:

I do the luxury now and only use Uber black only , some days I do 6 or 8 Uber and 2 or 3 Mears jobs and other days 5 or 6 Mears jobs
And 1or 2 Uber jobs . I have tried downtown Orlando on Friday and Saturday nights and have done very well between midnight and 3 am ( just a real clusterf#ck with roads closed )
But drunk people with daddy credit card , of course they are going with Uber black

Last edited:

Lawlet91

Post automatically merged:

I do the luxury now and only use Uber black only , some days I do 6 or 8 Uber and 2 or 3 Mears jobs and other days 5 or 6 Mears jobs
And 1or 2 Uber jobs . I have tried downtown Orlando on Friday and Saturday nights and have done very well between midnight and 3 am ( just a real clusterf#ck with roads closed )
But drunk people with daddy credit card , of course they are going with Uber black
for us taxi drivers i came to the realization that when it is dead and literally no taxi requests are coming in, you might as well do any uber requests available since any money is better than 0 money for those hours.

in order of requests coming in if all said modes are available: normal taxi fares, UberTaxi, select, XL (if in van), then x, opening up further down the slower it might be. on a busy night unless a rediculous surge multiplier is in effect for the lower tiers i wouldnt go below select.

In business theory, a disruptive innovation/technology is an innovation that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market-leading firms, products, and alliances.

NYCSUNSHINE

I think Mears taxi drivers will make money because you will now have a double shot at making money , just like luxury you have to learn the system. Only person it will be bad for is regular Uber x drivers , it’s almost like you doubled the fleet overnight

MasterC

Mears drivers doing uber will not last. They will make no $$ and eventually not accept any such rides. The novelty will.... has already worn off. Why did it take some 4 months to get this started? I heard it was training.... Like did any of us uber driver get any real training? ZERO.
Well I'm off to SFB to steal some taxi rides :smiles:.... Late flights again tonight boys and girls........ Let me line them up......

Lawlet91

you do realize it costs us nothing but a small extra in gas to add uber fares in, our normal fares more than cover what we need in expenses and this is just icing on the cake for additional income where there wasn't any

2Cents

Mears drivers doing uber will not last. They will make no $$ and eventually not accept any such rides. The novelty will.... has already worn off. Why did it take some 4 months to get this started? I heard it was training.... Like did any of us uber driver get any real training? ZERO.
Well I'm off to SFB to steal some taxi rides :smiles:.... Late flights again tonight boys and girls........ Let me line them up......
Because you don’t actually work for a real company. You technically don’t even work for them...Mears is an actual company. I think they even have a phone number and actual street address listed in the phone book for the last 40+ years...unlike those operating in markets with out even a mere business license. Having never been a Mear’s employee I can’t attest to their company culture. The fact that they took their fleet and added steroids to it by allowing their vehicles on the fübr platform means that they’re here to stay.
By the way do you think you’re actually making any money by “stealing” those fares?
You’re almost laughable.