1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Mears luxury, here I come!

Discussion in 'Orlando' started by Squid, May 19, 2017 at 9:31 PM.

1. Squid

Squid Member

It was 2:30 am when I found myself playing kick-the-can down Division Avenue. The details of how I wound up there are still fuzzy to this day, but suffice to say I was stoned out of my gourd. Cheech and Chong would have been impressed.

I was too weary to walk so I ordered an Uber. The driver was there in 30 seconds flat and away we went. As we passed by Mears we saw such a sea of blackness that we could not believe our eyes. No, I'm not talking about the Haitians picking up and dropping off Checker cabs. I'm talking about the 300 or so Town Cars parked in the yard. I told the driver to stop and let me out. The fare was 17ยข and I gave him a quarter and told him to keep it. I felt bad about that, but felt even worse when he punched me in the tooth and kicked me out of his Skyhawk.

I walked around the lot looking at all the empty MKTs. What was once a robust operation was now a Lincoln graveyard. A feeling of sorrow and sleepiness overcame me so I got into an unlocked Town Car and went to sleep. The next afternoon I woke up and started to leave when one of the Mears managers came out and motioned me to come over to her. I thought it was a trick because I had been trespassed from their property for Indian wrestling a homeless woman in their fueling lanes. Anway, she enthusiastically kept yelling "hey, come here! I have a deal for you!"

To make a long story short, she offered me a weekly car. When I told her that I had no money she told me I could take the car for free for a week. This would give me enough time to earn the money to pay them for the next week. When I told her that the weekly rate of 'only $1000' was too high, she told me luxury drivers make about $800 per day and the overnight drivers do better. I told her that I would accept her offer on one condition: I get to park the car and sleep under a bridge as the need arises. She agreed. When spit in our hands and shook on it!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Buckiemohawk likes this.
  2. Bob Reynolds

Bob Reynolds Well-Known Member

Welcome to Mears

3. crash

crash Active Member

That was funny

4. Yuri Lygotme

Yuri Lygotme Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Somehow I knew that I couldn't possibly be the only one who is taking advantage of an unlocked MKT on the lot to use as a temporary shelter.

Buckiemohawk likes this.
  5. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    On a side note,

The night shift guys all do markedly worse than everyone else.

The cheapest cab rental blocks are 9:00 and 10:00 PM for taxis and 5:00 PM for Luxury.

Taxis start at $66 for the overnight and rumor is the 5:00 PM for luxury is even less.