• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

MD Woman Gets In Fake Uber Car & Gets Robbed

Invisible

A day after the SC woman was murdered by fake Uber driver, another woman gets into the car of a fake Uber driver. He robs her at her home.

More of these stories will continue until pax start verifying the license plate and vehicle make/model before getting into a car.

Wildgoose

A day after the SC woman was murdered by fake Uber driver, another woman gets into the car of a fake Uber driver. He robs her at her home.

More of these stories will continue until pax start verifying the license plate and vehicle make/model before getting into a car.

There are so many questionable facts in this News.
(1) If the car was not her ride, how did she get home? Turn by turn direction from her?
(2) That driver in the video cam, he seemed more like he was asking for his fare than was trying to rob.
(3) She said that she already paid through the app, it wasn't her ride then how could she pay for the ride? Driver of her ride might have been cancelled for no show.
It seems that there were something behind curtains.

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are so many questionable facts in this News.
(1) If the car was not her ride, how did she get home? Turn by turn direction from her?
(2) That driver in the video cam, he seemed more like he was asking for his fare than was trying to rob.
(3) She said that she already paid through the app, it wasn't her ride then how could she pay for the ride?
Great point on the media and questionale points.

1. I was wondering about how he got her home, too. He could’ve asked when she got in, where are you going. She could’ve just told him or given the name of the condo/upscale apt and he was familiar with it.

2. The article states he followed her into her unit, which isn’t shown.

3. The article states after he drove her home, he demanded to get paid. She told him she paid him in the app.

When I saw the segment on GMA this morning, they said he was a fake Uber driver. Yet the article doesn’t specify if it was Uber or Lyft.

MoneyMitch

Check the damn license plate. How hard is that, folks?
To play devils advocate, some states (including SC) do not have front license plates. However the PAX should still take the extra two seconds to look at the back license plate.

Even with me driving with unique personalized plates (front and back), I still get PAX asking me “who are you here for?” Really frustrating.

ntcindetroit

Check the damn license plate. How hard is that, folks?
I'm all for driver license check instead of the silly selfie or license plate that was hiding in the rear in our state. Uber drivers must show her/his driver license by request or make it mandatory to display on the windshield while rider(s) entering the vehicle(s).

Wildgoose

Nothing except driver's name is needed for PAX. What is your name? ask to drivers. That's is. It is not very hard except the passengers were really drunk. ( and in this case no driver would take them though.)
News guys are considering passengers like 8 years old kids. What is my name? hahaha.

Robkaaa

Parents of that chick from SC is absolutely @@@@@@ed. No wonder their child got herself murdered.
Any stalker can know your name, and then just pull up.
Check the freaking app for car's plate, model,and make even before asking idiotic question what's my name. Then check freaking profile picture of your driver's profile because phone and car could be stollen .
@@@@@@ed parents got their daughter killed because they genetically passed their stupidity.
#sueretardedparents

25rides7daysaweek

To play devils advocate, some states (including SC) do not have front license plates. However the PAX should still take the extra two seconds to look at the back license plate.

Even with me driving with unique personalized plates (front and back), I still get PAX asking me “who are you here for?” Really frustrating.
I actually like who are you here for? it's way better than just asking UBER??

IR12

Pax can verify plate and still have a bad experience. Dark accounts. These are "supposedly" hacked accounts or accounts opened via indentity theft.

smarternotharder

this lady in denver hopped off a plane, used ride "share" to go to gun store, buy a shot gun, then another one to getaway as the feds were watching her & put out a bolo on her then ultimately killed herself that driver was LUCKY many others are not

then next story is how lyft is making it safer for riders with consistent background checks

lol cant make this stuff up, they dont background check riders, half at this point already been banned & use fake accounts, they dont even offer verified accounts where riders who submit i.d. get a check mark whick would be easy to implement

you NEED an i.d. to sign up for scooter use though, they also raised scooter per minute to .20+ a mile, scooter time & safety MORE valuable than human service in uber/lyfts eyes

wonder why? because 3rd shift ridership would fall off a cliff

they could also forgoe needing an i.d. for riders first 30 days ir after first non 4-5 star rating where if they wanted to continue to use it one would need to be uploaded & perioducally get the selphie check to keep account

20+ million rides a day, handful of drivers vs. rider incidents but i guarauntee every shift or 20-30 rides a driver or their vehicle is verbally or physically attacked

but they dont care, cabs have partions for a reason, any felon, rapist, murderer, robber, stalker, etc. can sign up in minutes anonymously to use uber/lyft as a drug/prostitite mule or to get away from police

but but think of the poor rider safety, they can screenshot drivers face, drivers license, film or record entire trip, talk to a loved one while on the trip, 2 different phones and ubers servers track every minute & foot of the trip, public cameras everywhers, they can use fake names, order for complete strangers & the riders are scared lol

people really want alot for $2 net these days
Post automatically merged:

Pax can verify plate and still have a bad experience. Dark accounts. These are "supposedly" hacked accounts or accounts opened via indentity theft.
i use a different plate than the one uber has on file, 4000+ rides 2 people checked it, 1 was weirded out & didnt go the other didnt care, but then again most of my rides in hotel valets early morning airport runs & never once thought about working nights or picking up at a bar or club.

my first 2 years prince was my profile pic not 1 rider said anything well i guess 1 did they dont care they just want the cheapest ride possible, personally id never use x or pool tiers as why would i risk my life with a stranger that values theres at $2, now if i was poor or couldnt afford a car, or had 10 duis or or or i would though hmmmmmmm

theyre not going to airport & thats literally the only ride that pays a legal rate

every new registration, i wait a week tell em my plate was stolen get a new one for $6 so now if anyone at airport or anyone else tries to report to uber or lyft for false or hateful reasons its not in their system

dont use a front plate either no ones ever said anything, vehicle type matches, name matches should be enough especially if the vehicle as described magically appears where you want it to within minutes, I get a lot of females by themselves to, im a minority, its so early suns not out & never had an issue, the problem is the drunkards some offering cash get played then blame it on uber or lyft, or just so drunk they dont care they just want to go home the bartender or someone at the bar more likely to do something to them then their driver but drivers get all the bad pub

and assumed driver accounts dont take much effort to set up every 1-2 years the system will just say no job for you with no warning, so its good to have a back up, usually the mistake is fixed with a visit to the hub in a day or few but the one that lasted a month after 20 different people stating itll only be a few business days make you be prepared for their next mistake

Last edited:

Invisible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doubt the chance of someone creating a fake license plate from information obtained on the dark web is going to match a driver’s make/model of vehicle with someone who also looks similar to the driver, Pax have our picture, but that’s another thing they’re probably not even looking at.

It would be interesting to see if the fake R/S drivers look similar to the actual R/S driver who was supposed to pick them up. I wouldn’t think so since pax don’t even seem to look at the pic.

Ballermaris

Those who are playing the wrong tag game on their vehicles are asking for trouble. I expect there will be mandatory audits at Green Light Hubs to verify vehicles. If I was Uber/Lyft Security I would be doing this now. You would have 72 hours to appear (except weekends and holidays) to have the in person vehicle verification carried out. If you don't show, you get suspended indefinitely. Period.

Uber needs to push out the lighted beacons quickly, we are headed that way anyway. If anyone objects to being forced to use the trade dress, quit the rideshare program completely and go get a job flipping hamburgers.

I was stunned at what the woman in Maryland did. It was her fault for failure to verify completely. I have already had a number of people verify my tag number on my vehicle when picking up too. We are in a business, (yes a business) that individuals are taking advantage of. If you want to continue driving, you have to work a bit extra to provide both customer service and safety and security.

I would not be surprised to see undercover police officers getting assigned to catch fake rideshares and even to go so far as to verify the real ride shares to ensure they are following procedures and that their vehicle matches what is displayed in the app.