Uber Drivers Forum banner

MCO Staging Area

Tags
mco oia uber
4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Mars Troll Number 4 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Yes, based on the meetings that occurred on 5/23 & 5/30 what the intention is for a "bulls-eye" approach. If you are in the B-52 area you will be in queue. If you are outside of the B-52 area but are inside the OIA perimeter you will be removed from queue. If you are outside of the OIA perimeter but inside the geo-fence you will be in queue.

This is an effort to prevent people from flooding the airport and having a thousand drivers circling.

FYI the B-52 parking lot holds 80 spots and port-a-potties will be provided.

I should also note that the above is just a proposal that was presented. I have not idea what GOAA will actually implement. That vote occurs(ed) today or yesterday. (6/21 or 6/20)

#8 ·
After a while i see the drivers not wanting long or short trips with the massive number of miles you get stuck with. Trips in orlando get too far very rapidly.

Normally a 45 minute drive wouldn't be too much of an issue. Heck i would have done it when rates where $1.00 a mile. Now... yeah.. not going to happen with X, Payment up front or GTFO my taxi.

#9 ·
After a while i see the drivers not wanting long or short trips with the massive number of miles you get stuck with. Trips in orlando get too far very rapidly.

Normally a 45 minute drive wouldn't be too much of an issue.
What you want with Uber is pick up/drop off as quick as possible when disney busy it literally becomes optimal to not got i drive but to stay around disney and do the park to resort shuffle

#11 · (Edited)
The only reason I took the family to st pete was he gave me 50 bucks up front and no tolls
That's the way to do it.

My last run to port Canaveral was after 3 uber drivers turned them down. The customer ended up paying me quadruple uberX rates and was pissed that no one would do it in uber.

So instead of paying $10 less for a shuttle they ended up paying $70 more than a shuttle cause no one wanted the one way haul out there at 6:00 AM on uberX
Quadruple the x rate is what they should be paying any way. Glad no one wanted to do it in X. Hopefully more will turn down customers at those ridiculous gtf out of here rates on X.

#12 ·

Normally a 45 minute drive wouldn't be too much of an issue. Heck i would have done it when rates where $1.00 a mile. Now... yeah.. not going to happen with X, Payment up front or GTFO my taxi.
You have a taxi?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.