McGhee Tyson drama fest

Bizzle

I went to McGhee Tyson this morning to get some early rides. I posted in a spot that I've gone to several times before. This time another Uber driver pulled up and told me that we aren't allowed to park there and that he's been told to leave etc. I informed him that I wasn't going anywhere and he drove straight to security and 10 minutes later up walks one of the airport "police". He told me that area required a tag but didn't know how a person could get said tag and I eventually left. I've got a real problem with losing business because another driver snitches on my location. I now know where to park but the airport traffic has been sucking anyway due to all the additional drivers.

marty

Wow snitching is kind of a dick move. I usually park in the will call area, but I never bothered drivers parking in the pickup area. I figured the security would tell you to move eventually. Supposedly you can email uber and they will send you "trade dress" its a little placard you can stick in your window, or I think you can print one out. I never put that on my car.

Sunshines

What are the official rules at the airport? I am new to this (third day) just trying to make a little cash to pay for grad school haha. I'd like to avoid drama with other drivers/security/cops etc.!

KnoxvilleTom

What are the official rules at the airport? I am new to this (third day) just trying to make a little cash to pay for grad school haha. I'd like to avoid drama with other drivers/security/cops etc.!
I have been told that UBER drivers must wait in the "Rideshare" lot (it's near General Aviation on the SB side of Alcoa Hwy) and use a window (anything in the RH windshield area) sign to identify an UBER vehicle. I have made several pick ups and drops there without a problem, but airport security is strict and should be minded for the right reasons. I also hear that repeat violators can be "banned" from the airport.

S. Claus

Look up "guilt be association". It applies to following airport rules and being rude to passengers.

fishingguy

Yeah you need your Uber sign. I use both Uber and Lyft.
I have lighted windshield mounted signs that I am going to sell. Never used the Lyft one but the Uber one makes it easy for people to notice you at night

robert33tn

I have been told that UBER drivers must wait in the "Rideshare" lot (it's near General Aviation on the SB side of Alcoa Hwy) and use a window (anything in the RH windshield area) sign to identify an UBER vehicle. I have made several pick ups and drops there without a problem, but airport security is strict and should be minded for the right reasons. I also hear that repeat violators can be "banned" from the airport.
you are correct make sure your signs are on the right side of the Windshield