McDonald's Set To Screw Uber Over

Santa

McDys is already understaffed and shafts every uber driver every time. With multiple apps, the restaurants will have to close down delivery altogether.

Just to handle UE alone a McDys need atleast 2 -3 extra staff each shift. The franchise owners are just a bunch of cheap bastards and will never put even 1 extra staff.

CZ75

Just to handle UE alone a McDys need atleast 2 -3 extra staff each shift. The franchise owners are just a bunch of cheap bastards and will never put even 1 extra staff.
To be fair, I've read some franchisees say that the margins are pretty bad when it comes to Uber Eats and that some orders aren't even making them money.

So this move by McD is pretty smart. Uber going public and they can also say that they have their franchisees' back.

BjRhodes

Honestly, I'd just like it if the restaurants turned off the damn tablets after they close the lobby. The drive-through wait times after hours are never worth it. It's not only unfair to us drivers, but it's not fair to the customers, either.

UberSnoober

Yesterday I turned on the app at home and of course my first 3 orders was from McD since it is a mile from my house.This is how it went :
1st. delivery : $2.78
2nd. delivery: $2.89
3rd. delivery: Picked up by another driver.
--------------------------------------------------------
Grand total : $ 5.67
Total time : 90 minutes
The employees inside the store were making more than I was !

itendstonight

Yesterday I turned on the app at home and of course my first 3 orders was from McD since it is a mile from my house.This is how it went :
1st. delivery : $2.78
2nd. delivery: $2.89
3rd. delivery: Picked up by another driver.
--------------------------------------------------------
Grand total : $ 5.67
Total time : 90 minutes
The employees inside the store were making more than I was !
And the employee didn’t pay gas and wear/tear on his car! ?

LondonLuke

Haven't been to a McDoanlds
McDys is already understaffed and shafts every uber driver every time. With multiple apps, the restaurants will have to close down delivery altogether.

Never going to a McDonalds' franchise ever again.

jemini48

I’m sure the workers will love all the different delivery platforms charging in at once while they work 3 tablets. They can barely handle eats alone around me.
More reason why you got to ask about drinks, chips, straw, and esp count items. Uber expects you to buy food handler gloves, drink containers, hot bags, etc. McDonalds dont want you to break seal. what a joke. If you spend a lot of your time counting meals, verifying you got it all, the customer is waiting for the food. i dont like breaking apart the meals in bag, and re-packing it. plus i dont know what these "meals" consist of many times, let alone the names attached to them. counting items is not enough many times.

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

I know no one really likes to do McDonald’s, but sometimes on a slow day, that’s all there is. I’d rather have that than nothing. Plus, I’m sure those guys are a huge chunk of deliveries in every market.

I mean, who doesn’t like McDonald’s?

Although, I don’t know ?‍♂️ how they’re going to make a deal to benefit all parties. Drivers are already only making $3 on those orders.

I guess they can always lower our fees and be like...we’re doing it to bring more business, so you guys can have more work scenario.

Ssgcraig

They are under staffed because they cannot find enough skilled laborers.