Maybe we just need more bad weather to suppress Pool

WestSubDriver

Did fourteen rides last night, which about ten were in the city. Not a single Uber Poo request all evening. I guess no one felt like sheltering from the thunderstorms with strangers.

I did 4 trips had 9 riders cancel on me. Worst night ever. I was in a 4.1 surge area up north and was getting pings with zero surge. Drove 180 miles I have an uber xl vehicle and made 40 gross. Every road I tried to get into was flooded where i was. I dead headed to ohare got a 10 ride then went home whole night was a waste of time. This whole week was just awful for me.

Sure

When it's raining that hard, it's almost not worth it to drive. Traffic is horrible, roads are flooded, people are wet and getting the inside of your card soaked. Just bad all around.

Charlie86

I did 4 trips had 9 riders cancel on me. Worst night ever. I was in a 4.1 surge area up north and was getting pings with zero surge. Drove 180 miles I have an uber xl vehicle and made 40 gross. Every road I tried to get into was flooded where i was. I dead headed to ohare got a 10 ride then went home whole night was a waste of time. This whole week was just awful for me.
Damn dude, sucks to hear. This week on my end has been great. I'm about to Break the 750s in my end today.

My biggest surge last night was a couple going to see cold play at a 3.6ish surge pocketed around 80

Mindozas

Did my first pool-free day yesterday and it felt good lol letting them time out
Sure is 100% right, under the over passes and viaducts it's flooded, traffic barely moving, you barely see, gotta dry the seats before you pick the next riders. I think I'm getting an umbrella and be like black car service guys lol just getting paid uberX lol

pizza guy

I actually think it's the heat more than the rain. People realize how hot and smelly they are and don't want to risk how much worse somebody else may be.

SMH Uber

I had a great night in the rain. Manage to get a 3.2x fare it was abt 3 miles but I was happy and I didnt have many problems with traffic. The only time I had issues was in wicker park. It was a @@@@@@@@@@@. The pedestrian were like mad rabbits with rabies walking in the middle of the street. All the traffic lights malfunctioned. A Solid green light with a flash red light. Lol. Seemed like armageddon.

Last edited:

WestSubDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a great night in the rain. Manage to get a 3.2x fare it was abt 3 miles but I was happy and I didnt have many problems with traffic. The only time I had issues was in wicker park. It was a @@@@@@@@@@@. The pedestrian were like mad rabbits with rabies walking in the middle of the street. All the traffic lights malfunctioned. A Solid green light with a flash red light. Lol. Seemed like armageddon.
It was a little otherworldly out there last night. I experienced the multi-color flashing stoplights, as well.

Stlman

Zero problems with traffic did 25 rides in 9hrs and netted $355 best day ever with lyft and second highest net pay just behind the $600 I made on New Years

SomeDrivingGuy

Could have made more but got bummed out sitting in traffic going to solider field. Ride was supposed to be 40 minutes from Madison and Clark. Instead took 30 minutes then the rain stopped and they walked.

WestSubDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was fairly fortunate with concert dropoffs. Was able to net about $32 on 45 min for a couple rides from the train station to the 18th and Prairie neighborhood before it all went crazy.

BeingStewie

Uber/Lyft is like going fishing, somethings you do catch a nice big juicy fish, but most of the time you have to be patient and keep chasing locations :-)

I had few decent days cause of the rain, could have been better, but eh, I'm glad I did good :-)