Maybe hold off investing in Uber shares...for now.

macbri

I have a very simple philosophy in my share dealings.

Buy when everybody is negative and sell when everybody is positive.

I wouldn’t buy Uber at current valuation but will they go bankrupt no way imo.

But ask the same question about Deliveroo,Menulog,Ola,Taxify then I would not be sure.

The Reaper

Lyft was'nt very uplifting.....
For you financial experts eye only...... Uber drivers N/A
LYFT_chart.1554308150245.jpeg

macbri

Lyft was down initially after going IPO but got an uplift when Uber released it's market value range for upcoming IPO.

Krusty

Lots of cashed up amateur investors around now, easy to peddle dog shares, mum and dad investors ... ie. investors that have no clue ... will just see the word Uber and dive right in.
Uber has completed phase one, milk drivers, and has now progressed to stage two, milk investors.

macbri

And they will dive in with no regard to market valuation, future profitability, stability of earnings etc rather they will go with analyst recommendations (I prefer to call them spruikers) who may have a business relationship with Uber.

Welcome to the stock market folks.

Ivan B

Lyft said "we will probably never make a profit," Uber said "we will probably never make a profit"
So the only way to make money is if the share value goes up... may as well buy a lottery ticket.

macbri

But that is what the Stockmarket is for most people because they have no financial training..

The people who do have training(accountants) are too risk adverse to invest and I have had countless arguments with fellow accountants that they should be looking at stock market as they through their training/qualification should be able to separate the noise from reality.

Most people buy based on analyst recommendations, brand recognition irrespective whether market valuation is accurate or not etc etc and even worse some even borrow to invest and can be wiped out financially if things go pear shaped.

Dhaw

But that is what the Stockmarket is for most people because they have no financial training..

The people who do have training(accountants) are too risk adverse to invest and I have had countless arguments with fellow accountants that they should be looking at stock market as they through their training/qualification should be able to separate the noise from reality.

Most people buy based on analyst recommendations, brand recognition irrespective whether market valuation is accurate or not etc etc and even worse some even borrow to invest and can be wiped out financially if things go pear shaped.
R U buying Macca?

macbri

No just bought the banks as div season coming up.

Once ex div will sell as will have held them for 47 days and entitled to franking credit.

I only stick to Australian shares due mainly to franking credits and no currency exposure.

This will be the 01st year that I will end up owing ATO money as my franking credits will not cover tax on my Uber income and doesn’t help that have capital gains this year but mustn’t whinge too much.
Post automatically merged:

By the way I am not recommending buying the banks.

Do your own research and only invest what you can afford to lose.

Last edited: