Master manipulation

80sDude

Ubis really getting great it. They will try anything to hide the surge pricing from driver's

Everyone notice the surge is visible then all oday a sudden it disappear?

Refresh screen.. There it is again.

Pain in the ass

karma car

A few times lately, I select the app, it shows surge, I go online, the surge disappears.. The people pulling the strings have no regard for drivers, on any level, and that will not change, unless the economics of the situation changes, which is very unlikely. I, almost never, chase a surge.

DougT

Forget the surges!! If you happen to be in the middle of one, sit tight. If not - dont chase it.

com1padres

Forget the surges!! If you happen to be in the middle of one, sit tight. If not - dont chase it.
There is one exception to chasing surge, and that is when there are concerts at the Shelburne Museum. The best strategy is to go offline until you are within a mile of the location, and only go online if there is a surge of 3.0 or more. I got my first 3* rating a couple of weeks ago on a $40 payout back to Burlington. It was removed by Uber, as they must have blamed the price as the reason for the lower than 5* rating.

DougT

There is one exception to chasing surge, and that is when there are concerts at the Shelburne Museum. The best strategy is to go offline until you are within a mile of the location, and only go online if there is a surge of 3.0 or more. I got my first 3* rating a couple of weeks ago on a $40 payout back to Burlington. It was removed by Uber, as they must have blamed the price as the reason for the lower than 5* rating.

That is called "surge manipulation" and will get you deactivated immediately. Uber has seen this and knows how it works. I do not think it is worth loosing a good thing for a one time high fare, but that is just my thought.

eyewall

Yes indeed! The Shelburne Concerts are great to cash in on if you hit it right. I got a $42 trip back to South Burlington out of it. Definitely stay off and let it ripen to 3.0 or better before popping on.