Master Manipulation by the machine

80sDude

Am I the only one that has the Surge on my current screen just Disappear ? I have to refresh it and BAM there it's back.

Constant pings of surge way lower than current rate. I am officially under 50% Accpetance Rate. Ill be damned if am taking anything less than current rate.

Pools galore this weekend ( Poor baby Pax been spoiled to long ?)

Bigbadb91

Something's been glitchy last couple days, where everything basically disappears from the screen except the actual map

chitown73

Something's been glitchy last couple days, where everything basically disappears from the screen except the actual map
Yup same here. For the past 2 days surge will just disappear, I'll log out and back in and the surge will reappear before disappearing all over. Luckily I was watching the surge in a separate app so I knew what it was.lol

WestSubDriver

This isn't surge related but something is off with my requests this morning. THE dependable day for airport runs and have had only two Uber requests in last 40 minutes - both further away than acceptable - one was 14 minutes away and the other one was 21 minutes! Are you kidding me?! And, to top it off, Uber kicked me offline after not accepting each of those requests.

DrinkSoda

Had to shut off my phone and turned it back on. I think that helped a little with clearing the memory cache. Not a permanent fix but the colors didn't disappear as much.

My acceptance rate this morning is probably less than 50% too. I'm not taking requests that are 8 minutes / 2 miles away on base rates when I'm sitting in the middle of a 1.7x surge.

Koolbreze

you poor misguided people, go home so us drivers who like to make money no matter what can do our jobs.

jester121

Once again -- surge is not there to make you more money. It's to get clueless drivers to flock to the area so the volume of regular price blocks increases dramatically, thus increasing Uber's take and keeping customers' butts in the cars.

(Surge pricing that the customers get charged is none of your damn business, as Uber has show with their flat rate pricing. They'll get paid, you'll get nothing and like it.)

isosconfig

Once again -- surge is not there to make you more money. It's to get clueless drivers to flock to the area so the volume of regular price blocks increases dramatically, thus increasing Uber's take and keeping customers' butts in the cars.

(Surge pricing that the customers get charged is none of your damn business, as Uber has show with their flat rate pricing. They'll get paid, you'll get nothing and like it.)

Took long time for me to understand part one. Still getting my head around part two.

Shakur

If your in the area by all means grab the surge but dont stop and drive 12 miles to crowd with ants because by the time you and the other 15 get there the surge will be 1.1 lmfao

tohunt4me

Am I the only one that has the Surge on my current screen just Disappear ? I have to refresh it and BAM there it's back.

Constant pings of surge way lower than current rate. I am officially under 50% Accpetance Rate. Ill be damned if am taking anything less than current rate.

Pools galore this weekend ( Poor baby Pax been spoiled to long ?)

To the Uber office !

With Torches & Pitchforks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-18-10-16-42.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-18-10-16-42.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 39

bpm45

They keep making changes to the drivers app but they don't seem to be making any Headway in terms of increased functionality or improved experience. In my opinion the experience is degraded ever since they had in their own mapping software . There are still problems with a mapping software making a room but I guess they just don't care about us it looked the Riders still use Google Maps. It's all just HTML5 so they can make changes all the time without having us to download anything new. We are just guinea pigs to them as they practice their mushroom management technique.

80sDude

My acceptance rate this morning is probably less than 50% too. I'm not taking requests that are 8 minutes / 2 miles away on base rates when I'm sitting in the middle of a 1.7x surge.

YUP

All weekend was full of Bullshit request far away . LIke I am going to accept 1.4 when Im sitting in 2x land. Nice try Guber. I was sub 40% at one time this weekend. OH WELL

lakersfan1

Dont forget, people have been spoiled by an entire summer of 1.0x rides. They forget what it's like to pay for a 3x, so they are either waiting it out or getting on the bus. Hence, we are getting pings from 11 minutes away where the surge is lower. This is happening on Uber and Lyft, so its not the app. Normally, there would be a driver nearby to take the ping and you'd just get zero requests. Now that the ants are gone, at least you're getting a bone thrown your way.

Pchi

Dont forget, people have been spoiled by an entire summer of 1.0x rides. They forget what it's like to pay for a 3x, so they are either waiting it out or getting on the bus. Hence, we are getting pings from 11 minutes away where the surge is lower. This is happening on Uber and Lyft, so its not the app. Normally, there would be a driver nearby to take the ping and you'd just get zero requests. Now that the ants are gone, at least you're getting a bone thrown your way.
Great points plus with the new reject button on the app other drivers who in the past either took every fare out of fear or lack of knowledge are now declining requests.