1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Massport issuing tickets at queue lot

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Ghwwe72, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

1. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72 Well-Known Member

I just dropped off at Logan so went to the Q lot. Massport is in here walking up and down the isles check in the front and back of all the cars and ticketing people who don’t have trade dress. We all knew this day was coming no one else I can’t wait till they start enforcing this outside of the airport to see what people say

2. ROTA

ROTA Well-Known Member

85654E9A-27C7-4572-A470-767608348CB4.jpeg

Time for lyft stickers fat dude come to action

3. smoran26

smoran26 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There’s no good reasons not to have trade dress on but plenty of reasons to do it.

1) it’s the law and you might get a ticket if you don’t
    2) it helps pax identify your vehicle in a crowd
    3) it’s does advertise - for a company that you contract drive for. If you advertise locally YOU might get the ping if someone says ‘oh ya I’ll get an Uber’

BostonTaxiDriver and Ghwwe72 like this.
  4. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Avoid the airport

5. Tysmith95

Tysmith95 Well-Known Member

I liked it better before I put the trade dress on. I didn't have random people trying to hop in my car (not riders).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:58 PM

6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

7. Brian G.

Brian G. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When I drove for veterans taxi I was at the bc newton cab stand. I forgot I was a livery not a cab and was ticketed for $300!! The good thing the company paid for it but my personal insurance went up because I guess it was a moving violation even though I was parked.

Attached Files:

8. johnnytt

johnnytt Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why don't driver put on stickers????.

9. Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    For many reasons. I'm sure you know them by now. I haven't been harassed yet so I'm good with them in my glove.

10. CharlesG

CharlesG Well-Known Member

Same here. If I ever have an airport drop off I take it out the glove and throw it on the dash. Then take it right back off, lol.

JadeSti and Brian G. like this.
  11. Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup same here.

12. Ihateyou

Ihateyou Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why do you care what other drivers do?

If someone doesn't want to be an unpaid Uber advertisement, it doesn't affect my ability to earn money.

Brian G. likes this.
  13. Gung-Ho

Gung-Ho Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Way to much information in that attachment.

Just saying.

14. Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    Wait why? Are you gonna steal my identity?

15. Scott7

Scott7 New Member

I dropped off a pax in shrewsbury a few weeks ago. I backed out of his driveway and pulled off to the side of the road, it was a small cul De sac road. As I was fidgeting with my phone a cop pulls up in a unmarked jeep and gets out asking me a bunch of questions as to why I'm here and what I'm doing. He must have ran my plate when he pulled up as I wasn't paying attention because after he looked at my license and checked to see that I had uber trade dress, he radioed in, nh tags are good. He said the neighborhood had some break ins recently and my nh tags were cause for alarm, I guess. Was glad I put those uber stickers on the day prior.

16. IMMA DRIVER

IMMA DRIVER Active Member

Not every Uber driver wants everyone to know they drive Uber. Likewise with pax; they don't all want their co-workers to know they got dropped off in an Uber. Some people take Uber because they've lost their license, got a recent DUI or were in an at fault car accident and they don't necessarily want others to know how they're getting around. Also some pax like to just ride in style without some big sticker or neon pink sign screaming I'm in a "taxi" type vehicle.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  17. Jaackil

Jaackil Well-Known Member

3 weeks ago I was stopped in Brookline for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. Cop gave just gave me a verbal warning. I had no stickers on. Then this past Monday I got a ride from the airport to Brookline so I had my stickers displayed. Got pulled over again for not coming to a full stop. This time I got a ticket and a lecture on how " you uber drivers think you don't have to obey the laws...". And that is why I don't display the stickers outside the airport.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  18. Robinhood

Robinhood Well-Known Member

Don't drive at airport...or in Brookline

AuxCordBoston and Jaackil like this.
  19. Jaackil

Jaackil Well-Known Member

I learned my lesson in Brookline but I do well with the airport

20. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72 Well-Known Member

Where did it say I care? I could care less if people don’t put trade dress on their car! However, it’s a state law to have trade dress and not just at the airport! The day will come sooner than later that they will enforce it outside the airport and people here will complain about being fined!

BillyTheKidd, divo183 and JonnyBoston like this.