Uber Drivers Forum banner

Massive end of Orientation Week at ANU on Friday 17 February

813 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Who is John Galt? 
#1 · (Edited)
Megan of Uber has advised Canberra drivers the following by email:

ANU "O-Week" final event Friday

Orientation Week (O-Week) at Australian National University (ANU) wraps up on Friday evening - tomorrow - with a large party; over 4000 people are expected to attend!

Brand ambassadors from the Uber team will be there running an Uber & DrinkWise Chill Lounge to help riders connect with driver-partners for a safe ride after the event.

The event runs 5:00pm - 11:00pm at Fellows Oval at ANU, so we expect it will be busy from 10:30pm - 11:30pm as riders head home or to the after party at Academy Club (city centre).

See less See more
#2 ·
Megan of Uber has advised Canberra drivers the following by email:

ANU "O-Week" final event Friday
Orientation Week (O-Week) at Australian National University (ANU) wraps up on Friday evening - tomorrow - with a large party; over 4000 people are expected to attend!

Brand ambassadors from the Uber team will be there running an Uber & DrinkWise Chill Lounge to help riders connect with driver-partners for a safe ride after the event.

The event runs 5:00pm - 11:00pm at Fellows Oval at ANU, so we expect it will be busy from 10:30pm - 11:30pm as riders head home or to the after party at Academy Club (city centre).

How did you get on with this Jack?
Was there the expected increase in business?
Any tips you can provide would be appreciated as we will have similar circumstances here going forward.
Thanks.

#3 ·
WIJG, I didn't get any work from it last night but nor was I specifically seeking it from that source.

This morning, I drove a young woman from the ANU campus to her home. She had spent the night with a young chap she had met at the event. He was a resident in the newly rebuilt Bruce Hall.

She said that's the place to stay because all residents there have a double bed instead of the single beds available in other student residences.

I asked her whether 4,000 would have attended. She said it would have been closer to 2,000.

She also said that students preferred to walk in groups to the afterparty at the Academy Nightclub as it was only about a kilometre away and the roads into the city were either closed or heavy with traffic for the National Muticultural Festival.

My impression is that most of the students walked to and from the afterparty and then spent the rest of the night on campus.

So I doubt there was much work for Uber drivers arising directly from this event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.