Massachusetts Trade Dress Law

Ghwwe72

http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dpu/transportation-network-company/wuleeb.pdf

1AC4099C-020C-4C1E-A771-CCF2FCA2C969.jpeg

Brian G.

I wonder if it's passable to have them on your dash without them stuck on your dash? I do not have these stickers on my car and put them in my glove. I'm a day driver.

ubermaster5000

I have been wearing mine and if anything it makes it easier for the pax to locate you upon pick up. Also I find that cops dont bother me much when chilling in my car parked in a parking lot. They see the Uber sticker and just assume I am waiting for my next ride when in reality I am probably pissing in a bottle haha

Last edited:

South Shore Driver

I saw a guy in front of me with no stickers on heading into terminal B. All the did was look at his trunk. Sooner or later, though, he's going to get nailed.

Tinuviel

Anywhere else in the city you'll probably be fine, at least for a little while. At the airport though, you'll probably get a ticket at some point.

E30addixt

Also I find that cops dont bother me much when chilling in my car parked in a parking lot. They see the Uber sticker and just assume I am waiting for my next ride when in reality I am probably pissing in a bottle or something :smiles:

Yup. Had a statie cruise by when I was parked in a closed business lot going in a bottle. No one would realistically be stopped there for any reason. I was like please don't stop, please don't stop, please don't stop.

I have no interest in losing most of a days pay over something as trivial as stickers so they're on the car.

JadeSti

I throw one in the front and back of the car when I do uber then take them off after I leave the airport, They don't care as long as there one on the rear and front of the car at the airport, anywhere else city, suburbs or at the state police station they don't give 3 fuqs, from my experience. I gave a ride to a state police officer once all he asked me why I do uber in this type of car. Like the ticket guy today seen my car I only had 1 sticker in the car he came up to me and asked me why you do this to your car lol

smoran26

A few comments on the trade dress

1) it's helped PAX find my car in a busy city street more than once.
2) it's earned me 3 rides (folk trying to hail me like a taxi - I told them get out the app and ping me - I grabbed it)
3) it's the law

Drivinginboston

I throw them up when I go the airport, I picked up there today and they had a guy giving tickets. He did a double take when he saw my front one up there lazily displayed. Make sure you stay with your car so you can defend yourself unless you have the stickers up. I just have the old black ones.

I saw a few empty cars without stickers, probably guys using the potty. I'm sure that's an easy ticket.

JadeSti

I throw them up when I go the airport, I picked up there today and they had a guy giving tickets. He did a double take when he saw my front one up there lazily displayed. Make sure you stay with your car so you can defend yourself unless you have the stickers up. I just have the old black ones.

I saw a few empty cars without stickers, probably guys using the potty. I'm sure that's an easy ticket.
Yup that's what I do

WelcomeTree

Digging up an old thread I know, but I was searching and reading through some old stuff. I ended up getting these from amazon http://a.co/fpHbTIE when I started driving.

I like them because they are attached by suction cup and can be easily removed when I don't want them and thrown in the glove box. But they aren't reflective... I wonder how strict they will be about that. I don't plan on doing anymore night driving, I don't mind driving people to the bars but picking up drunks just plain sucks. They wreak, they are annoying, and one of them pulled out the coat hanger above my rear door.

Also I never got anything in the mail from Uber, I got a reflective one in the mail from Lyft a while back but I tossed it in the trash.

Jaackil

I doubt very much a Statey will stop you for not having them they have much better things to do.But at the airport Massport employees have the authority to ticket you and they will.
I was pulling into terminal A one time with a sticker on my dash because it lost it’s sticky ness a Statey who was there directing traffic came over to my car and asked if I was Uber I said yes he said then don’t pull in there with out your sticker they are giving out tickets today. I showed him mine was on the dash because it fell off. He laughed and said cheap stickers, go ahead and if the guy in there says anything tell him I checked you out. I told the guy in the lot it fell off but it was in my dash and he was ok. At the airport they do enforce the rules. Be careful, have them at least visible.