1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Mass Soft blocked

Discussion in 'Flex' started by laflexer, May 10, 2018.

1. laflexer

laflexer New Member

Work out of UCA3 Santa Monica... woke up to many of the old timers, 1.5+ years getting zero offers/soft block... Most got some sort of the 3rd party email last week. We are talking dozens of drivers who have never had issues in the past.

Frœsty likes this.
  2. Side Hustle

Side Hustle Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Seems like it hit here in Fort Worth in late March. It got so that I didn’t recognize any of the drivers (all new siceOctober 2017) then not long after that I didn’t see any more offers for a while. Then offers only saturday afternoon and evening. I’ve moved on like the others but still like to check the blog to see what you guys are up to.

grams777 likes this.
  3. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

Same at my station. This is Amazon's way of getting people to leave the program so they don't get sued. Anyone who was not using automated methods and got soft blocked I would take them to arbitration.

soupergloo likes this.
  4. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

Forget arbitration. Class action.

5. Bygosh

Bygosh Active Member

Can't unless you opted out of arbitration. You could wait until this Summer to see how the Supreme Court rules if arbitration agreements like Flex are legal. Court is 5-4 conservative though so likely they side with corporations.

leroy jenkins and observer like this.
  6. Frœsty

Frœsty Active Member

What 3rd party email? The 3rd party autoclicker/automation email or something else?

7. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

I think the person meant the second part.

I think most should know by now that their detection methods is as faulty as the people running the program.

Frœsty, grams777 and dkcs like this.
  8. soupergloo

soupergloo Well-Known Member

i’ll never understand why the eff Amazon cares so much about automation. who cares if other drivers complain — they mostly likely won’t be returning after their reserves run out regardless! and guess what, life isn’t fair. not in the world of Amazon or anywhere else.

limiting us to 40 hours a week doesn’t make us less of “employees,” and it’s not like they have to pay us OT for anything worked over 40. classifying someone as an employee isn’t just specific to the number of hours worked :rolleyes:

not to mention, they had the cap off almost all year in 2017 at UCA1 and it didn’t get put back on until the holidays rolled around (if that isn’t ass backwards, idk what is); some people were working 56 hours a week.

i’m not soft blocked, but it’s annoying have to worry about it every week.

I actually agree with this. it will only cost a driver up to $200 to request arbitration and will cost Amazon a lot more. maybe all of the bs will stop with them if more drivers stood up and actually fought when Amazon was in the wrong.

9. rozz

rozz Active Member

Many people here were given a warning yesterday and Saturday. No one's been blocked that I know of but the blocking did previously happen already.

I have been observing the warehouse and there's a definite shift away from the software users to new drivers and tappers (50/50). All the software users deleted their apps or did not show up to work today so maybe it did have the intention Flex intended.

I have a feeling they didn't want to warn/block everyone at the same time because it would create massive trouble. The initial blocking of half the warehouse for no reason was to see if it could handle the volume with half the workforce. It clearly didn't but this time around they have a lot more new drivers. People around here are very cautious now but it will probably return to "normal" soon.

10. soupergloo

they certiantly threaten/deactivate/soft block enough drivers to make it seem like we’re all replacable, but in reality, they hurt when they take action against a mass amount of drivers.

automation will never end now unless Amazon actually takes action and deactivates for it (which they have yet to do in California). there is so much information on the internet for newbies to catch on and that’s only if they’re not paying attention to all of the drivers running their mouth about it. the entire Flex system is broken, and they only have themselves to blame.

I kind of think it’s funny they’re wasting money, resources, energy, time on staff to pretend like they care about the automation problem.

11. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

You’re right that the 8/day 40/week cap doesn’t mean anything about whether one is an employee or not. The reason they probably do it is to make it almost impossible to sue them over it. The unpaid overtime issue is the meat and potatoes of all these class action lawsuits. Without any possible unpaid overtime to recover, there’s almost no monetary exposure or likelihood that any legal firm would take the case.

leroy jenkins and Frœsty like this.
  12. soupergloo

if that’s the case, I have almost an entire year of hours worked in addition to the weekly 40 that I could claim as unpaid overtime hours. when I first started, they were handing out 10 hour reserves!

13. rozz

rozz Active Member

Ding ding ding ding ding. I was told exactly this by a Flex program associate. He said the system was specifically designed so that there's no loophole or grey area. Obviously there were holes in the beginning but they've plugged them up. The refinement of blocks (length and nonoverlapping) has been obvious. Next they will make it so that you have little gaps for "lunch." Already happening actually. I was also told "there's no way in hell" they will ever release the 40 hour cap ever again.

leroy jenkins, grams777 and Frœsty like this.
  14. uberstuper

uberstuper Well-Known Member

It makes absolutely no sense with Auto tappers scripts or not why Amazon doesn't want to retain drivers with experience and with good ratings (however they established that) it's literally insane to hire a bunch of new drivers and go through the whole learning curve with newbies having to babysit them. Not to mention all the packages returned . Playing these childish games week after week. Who gives a **** if someone's running script or Auto tappers I have to think at this point at my station at least 75% of the people do . So have the masses terminated? Recycle? In the end this really is gig work! Ride the wave and enjoy it while it lasts. Because believe me it will not last forever.

konoplya and Side Hustle like this.
  15. Frœsty

Frœsty Active Member

heh

16. cvflexer

cvflexer Member

I have been doing it for 2 years without any help from scripts or manual tappers. I love that Amazon appreciates me by deactivating aholes that cheat.

Sometimes it takes a while, but eventually just like in life, all cheaters are kicked out.

17. soupergloo

lololol

18. rozz

rozz Active Member

Allow me to translate for soupergloo: people who do a ****ty job and don't adapt will be terminated regardless of software usage.

I actually like it too. Blocks are easier to get when there's an "orange scare" going on.

leroy jenkins and Frœsty like this.
  19. Frœsty

Frœsty Active Member

Why so hystrionic, suddenly? You're usually a rock here. :confused:

20. krazo

krazo Active Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Important message from flex support - Thank you for delivering for Amazon Flex for the last two years. You are now softblocked because you have delivered for Amazon Flex for the last two years . Thanks for delivering smiles.

Bygosh, uberstuper and Flex89 like this.