Masks Required - Drivers/Pax - May 18

Ziggy

Starting May 18, 2020 ... masks must be worn by both drivers & pax.

Source: https://www.uber.com/newsroom/your-second-first-trip/

Go Online Checklist and Mask Verification

Before a driver or delivery person can go online, they will be asked to confirm, via a new Go Online Checklist, that they’ve taken certain safety measures and are wearing a mask or face cover.
Our new technology will verify if the driver is wearing a mask by asking them to take a selfie. After we verify the driver is covering their face, we’ll let the rider know via an in-app message. (Unlike our Real-Time ID Check system, this technology detects the mask as an object in the photo, and does not process biometric information or compare mask selfies to driver photos in our database.)

In the United States drivers who are not wearing a mask or face cover will not be able to go online beginning next Monday, May 18. We will maintain this policy through the end of June, and then reassess based on local public health needs. We’ve designed this feature to adapt to changing public health guidance and regulations as the pandemic evolves.

We’ve also built a similar checklist for riders. Before every trip, riders must confirm that they’ve taken precautions like wearing a face cover and washing or sanitizing their hands. They must also agree to sit in the back seat and open windows for ventilation. We’re also reducing the maximum suggested number of passengers for an UberX ride to 3 from 4.

1589489452100.png

DriverRI

“They must also agree to sit in the back seat and open windows for ventilation.”

I’m still not driving for now, but how does opening a window help with ventilation? Would that be all four windows?

Sometimes I feel that air gets blown to the front.

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m not driving either. But no one’s gonna want open windows with the weather already in the 90’s in early May. I doubt if Uber will delete the obvious 1* from pax for hot cars due to open windows; much less the open windows in middle of our frequent spring/summer rain storms