MarketWatch columnist polls his readers as to how much to tip Uber drivers during Corona

Demon

I know at a minimum, he got delayed a ride by about 15 minutes.... and that if he did get a ride, the other driver was probably also farther away.
So again, I ask. This happened like 2 months ago, right? This didn't happen in the past week during a global pandemic, right?

Trafficat

So again, I ask. This happened like 2 months ago, right? This didn't happen in the past week during a global pandemic, right?
It was last night or the night before, can't remember any more.

Pandemic or not, I have better things to do with my time than waste 45 minutes and put 25 miles on my car for $6

Demon

It was last night or the night before, can't remember any more.

Pandemic or not, I have better things to do with my time than waste 45 minutes and put 25 miles on my car for $6
That's my point! You're the one who wants to keep taking money losing rides.

islanddriver

It seems like we are one of the few who didn't lose our jobs (yet) due to the corona panic.

People are sitting at home, charging up their credit cards to get food delivery from UberEATS or a ride to the store to buy some booze.

They have false hope that their jobs will be back next month and they can pay off their credit cards. Think things are bad now? What will things be like when no one can pay back their credit cards next month?

I predict a mass decrease in ride volume next month.
I for one will try to make deals with credit company's if they won't deal I'll go bankrupt. It's their choice

2win

Tips are like coronavirus tests, hard to come by and impossible to compare stats. But we all know what it feels like to be killed by rideshare.

Another Uber Driver

5% above and beyond what riders would normally tip while Corona persists.
^^^^^^^^Never mind, he already answered it\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Sadly, 5% more than what riders would normally tip is still = zero
"Demon"troll
FIFY

People are being more stingy than usual.
I have noticed this, as well.

Maybe U&L should just automatically add 20% gratuity fee to each ride and if the customer wants to add more to the ride they can.
From the launch of Uber Taxi until Khosrowshahi implemented platform wide tipping on Uber, there was a default setting of twenty per-cent on Uber Taxi. The customer could change it to anything from zero to whatever percentage or even set it to a fixed a mount regardless of the fare. It worked well. Most people left it at the twenty per-cent.Once Khosrowshahi implemented platform wide tipping, it ruined tips even on Uber Taxi. I would not mind seeing the default restored and even implemented platform wide, even on Fubar Cheats.