• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Mark Zuckerberg Says He’s Not Resigning, I recall Travis said the same thing.

dmoney155

For instructions on permanently deleting your FaceBook account....

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-delete-your-facebook-instagram-twitter-snapchat/
Hehe, I created mine under an alias... but it also been over 10 years since last used... I don't even have a password for it anymore, and changed email address since. I never understood the need for it. I get the premise, to be connected with people... but, I just call people. Maybe if you "need" to be connected with 100s of people, then maybe yes, then facebook streamlines it better, than calling, but... is there a "need" to connect with 100s people?

Kobe_bean

Almost all millenials have moved on to Instagram, which is what Facebook was initially used for. It's a place to humbly brag to your acquaiantces' your life style, and that can easily be done on Instagram.

Yam Digger

Almost all millenials have moved on to Instagram, which is what Facebook was initially used for. It's a place to humbly brag to your acquaiantces' your life style, and that can easily be done on Instagram.
Ironically, Instagram is owned by FaceBook. 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

Karl Marx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ironically, Instagram is owned by FaceBook. 6 of one and half dozen of the other.
" You can't escape the force." Allan Parsons Project

Only a passing mention of AI. Zuckerberg is totally out of his league and its' time for him start building his yacht. This portal is making itself into a world information portal and it needs to be properly vetted and managed. Probably a voting portal in the not to distant future.

Last edited:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I will give this to INSTAGRAM: At least it doesn't have endless toxic comments sections like FB posts and YouTube comments. In my experience, Instagram has been a pretty clean interface, FB owned or not.

Karl Marx

I will give this to INSTAGRAM: At least it doesn't have endless toxic comments sections like FB posts and YouTube comments. In my experience, Instagram has been a pretty clean interface, FB owned or not.
Any device connected in a minimal way to the digital sphere is a gateway to monitoring you and your network.

Ben Wood

i have 0 social media accounts...

Ben Wood however, also exists on facebook.... this account and that account have different email addresses, neither of which is my personal email and neither of which is linked to me in any way...

i have 5-6 friends in the real world... that's enough...

Uberactionmax

Any device connected in a minimal way to the digital sphere is a gateway to monitoring you and your network.
You'll not find with anyone that grew up with cellphones that would have a problem with being monitored in the digital sphere. Throwing out your smart phones and burning your credit cards so you can't be tracked or targeted for ads ? I have no problems with ads targeted towards me lol

Karl Marx

You'll not find with anyone that grew up with cellphones that would have a problem with being monitored in the digital sphere. Throwing out your smart phones and burning your credit cards so you can't be tracked or targeted for ads ? I have no problems with ads targeted towards me lol
I grew up right at the beginning of Television and right from the start I knew I disliked being sold to. I've been fighting it ever since. If I want to be sold I figure it out myself. Now I have to fight AI selling me more crap I don't need.

Last edited:
Reactions: i_k

Karl Marx

Last edited:

Kobe_bean

If I was Zuckerberg, I’m not stepping down from my company that I built from ground up. Even if it means running it to the ground.

UberxGTA

What about controlling your thoughts and actions? That's what you are really agreeing to.

No worldly experience and yet his software was corrupting and running a foul of our geopolitics. Putin has to be sitting back and laughing at all of us in the west. American dominance is not just waning but now the butt of jokes around the world. Bloody embarrassing.
You can thank Obama for that.

Blatherskite

Actually, he's shown himself quite adept at pivoting and hiring the right talent. He's had several close calls already, and despite his aspy detachment from social cues, seems able to helm a robust organization. It won't be another MySpace.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
American dominance is not just waning but now the butt of jokes around the world. Bloody embarrassing.

You can thank Obama for that.
Actually, you can thank, Reagan, Clinton, The Bushes, Obama, and Trump for that.

But really you are thanking the corporate interestes that set the agenda for the last 30 years of Presidents. Reagan was the puppet that set the ball in motion in the early 1980s, and it has only picked up speed since then.