March 25, LA uber and lyft drivers strike

Inshur

burgerflipper

Because people are allowed to use paid off beater cars with extremely low maintenance cost and insurance is significantly lower. All they see is money in the bank.
i get the pt about beaters but what exactly is the defference between a car that is paid off vs one that isnt? that paid off car wudv lasted a decade and now only last 2 yrs. which means in 2 yrs they need to get a new car - because of uber.. now how will they pay for that?

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
I'm not suggesting what they are doing with their vehicles is worth doing, if that's what you're assuming.

Simply pointing out how Uber justifies (for itself) paying these people very low rates.

People that drive just see money in the bank and that's all they care about.

JoeJoseph

I hope they like it when Uber asks for car standards. They can pretty much drive a lemon with wheels on.

jaybx17

Imagine if everyone from every state said let's support them and strike also ??, they would never cut rates again. We need to let every one who thinks about driving for apps know that the only thing they can expect is lower rates every year.
RIP John Lennon
But nah guys on here still drove Lyft and Juno when they wanted to reverse those new rates.
NYC is divided. Yellow, Livery, BX, ManhattanLovers most them are full of shit. Shouts out to the squad though :coolio:

Zubera

Unfortunately nothing will happen. They will continue driving for even less, $0.20 per mile rates. That's the nature of society, desperate and hungry society. They need to find something else job or gig.

THE_TRAN$PORTER

Because people are allowed to use paid off beater cars with extremely low maintenance cost and insurance is significantly lower. All they see is money in the bank.
My baby bro lives in LA. He once text me a pic of an UBER car w/the rear fender missing & exhaust pipes visible.
Post automatically merged:

You can literally drive whatever there in LA.

Frankyfiggs

RIP John Lennon
But nah guys on here still drove Lyft and Juno when they wanted to reverse those new rates.
NYC is divided. Yellow, Livery, BX, ManhattanLovers most them are full of shit. Shouts out to the squad though :coolio:
Chris Hitchens wrote a great essay on Lennon. He was warned not to come back to the states.

No_Nonsense

Everything so rosy in Ny no need to strike or anything in that matter. Yellow cabs are making $2.50 per mile and Uber ants praising some fuzzy math formula. Time to singing kumbaya.
We got a raise!!!Hurrays!!! Lol

NYCguy2020

Everything so rosy in Ny no need to strike or anything in that matter. Yellow cabs are making $2.50 per mile and Uber ants praising some fuzzy math formula. Time to singing kumbaya.
We got a raise!!!Hurrays!!! Lol
Sadly there's no saving this industry. It's a sinking ship and it's too late to do any meaningful changes to prevent its eventual demise.