Maps

Geely Gangster

still sends you to wrong address in built up areas like the city and where streets are close together and blocks have been cut off at the back.

Kiwitrains

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
still sends you to wrong address in built up areas like the city and where streets are close together and blocks have been cut off at the back.
Yes that is correct I didn't think google maps were as bad as that but maybe so.

Geely Gangster

Where you from Kiwitrains. I'm from ChCh but spent my last few years in NZ in Wainuiomata before moving to Perth 5 years ago.

Geely Gangster

Ahh good old Whanga's :smiles: Haven't been there but once sat down and had a cup of tea with the local chapter president of the Black Power gang......relatives of my wife. Actually a real nice chap.

Aujezza

The problem must be with uber because when you put the the address into google or wase it gets right every time!

Larrikin

Ahh good old Whanga's :smiles: Haven't been there but once sat down and had a cup of tea with the local chapter president of the Black Power gang......relatives of my wife. Actually a real nice chap.
Dear GG - thought you'd like to know that Geely, who, you may be aware, own Volvo cars (not the truck division), are basing the new model Volvo S40 on a Geely chasis - there goes Volvo from one of the safest cars in the world, to a veritable death trap - your splendid chariot excepted of course!

Potsy

Dear GG - thought you'd like to know that Geely, who, you may be aware, own Volvo cars (not the truck division), are basing the new model Volvo S40 on a Geely chasis - there goes Volvo from one of the safest cars in the world, to a veritable death trap - your splendid chariot excepted of course!
I would argue its probably the other way around. Perhaps the Geely is improving and moving up closer to Volvo standards.
Even the Germans are moving some manufacturing to China as they have now matched German standards.

Geely Gangster

Yep I had head that Volvo own Geely or is it the other way around? It would be interesting to see how far the great and mighty Geely of China develops over the next 5 years as they get better at making cars!

UberDriverAU

I think there is an issue with how the driver app passes an address to the Google Maps app. It passes a GPS coordinate rather than an address, and this can result in being directed to the wrong street on the opposite side of the block, etc. I double check the address about 1 km away so that I can ignore the suggested route if warranted.

UXDriver

I think there is an issue with how the driver app passes an address to the Google Maps app. It passes a GPS coordinate rather than an address, and this can result in being directed to the wrong street on the opposite side of the block, etc. I double check the address about 1 km away so that I can ignore the suggested route if warranted.
Yeah not hard is it

Kiwitrains

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks

lui6155

In my experience that issue (of the location being on the street behind) is more to do with the pax pinning at the rear of their block esp in the inner suburbs of Leederville/Nth Perth etc. So google interprets the address as that closest point...and yes a good technique to check before arriving.