1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Many Riders Are unable to Rate

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Uber315, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Uber315

Uber315

I noticed I been taking lots of trips and my 5 star ratings have not been increasing so I decided to take a trip and after the trip the app did not give me the option to rate my driver . So I asked several riders if they are having issues and they all said that the option to rate drivers is not coming out on the new updated rider app.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. A T

A T

More uber games.

negeorgia and backspaceenter222 like this.
  3. A T

A T

Honestly though most riders don't know how the rating system works and the ones who use it as a weapon against the drivers. Doubt this happening but maybe the rating system is slowly going bye bye.

backspaceenter222 likes this.
  4. Like I've said before, I don't think the average person just starting to take Uber rides realizes that 5 star is so important- you wouldn't normally think that when confronted with a 5 point rating system. I can totally see new passengers thinking "oh that driver was a good driver, decent, got me there without problems, I'll give him/her a 4." And not realize that actually puts the driver in jeopardy and isn't considered good by Uber.

5. Shangsta

Shangsta

The occasional four doesnt put yourself in jeopardy, not getting enough five stars is what does it.

6. Well that's what I'm saying is most people who aren't Uber savvy would not know to always rate a 5 unless something was wrong.

negeorgia and backspaceenter222 like this.
  7. Are you new? That happened to me too. The minute you get your first non-5 star, the rating plummets because you don't have many ratings for your average yet. It may drop even more, before gradually starting to go up once you get more and more ratings.

Shangsta and backspaceenter222 like this.
  8. Goc423

Goc423

Maybe they just waited too long to rate?

9. If they have the rider app open upon ride completion, they will get the prompt. If not, then they would have to go into the emailed receipt and rate that way. ( They'd have make an effort to rate us)

This means fewer rated trips, and a higher % of non 5s to 5s because if unhappy they dont mind making an effort.

tkuber, Gibman73 and negeorgia like this.
  10. unPat

unPat

Passengers still can rate you. Before the rating screen used to pop up and cover the screen. Now it is on the bottom of the screen and very small. They can still rate you from their email.

Attached Files:

11. Yes, they just have to put forth a little effort. This means a lot of riders will not rate you at all. Unhappy riders, will most likely make that effort . this means a higher ratio of non-5s to 5s. yay!

negeorgia and Shangsta like this.
  12. Shangsta

Shangsta

Yeah my number of rated trips has dipped

negeorgia likes this.
  13. negeorgia

negeorgia

Driving:
    UberX
    At least, we are all in this together. My number of rated trips is falling and my rating is too. Not enough 5* to off set the less than 5.... Thanks for nothing, Uber, once again.

14. A T

A T

I guess those badges were supposed to offset the 5 star ratings.

negeorgia likes this.
  15. Gibman73

Gibman73

Driving:
    UberX
    I've emailed requesting that the option to rate be brought back to the forefront of the rider app, that should do it. **sarcastic inflection **

No one voluntarily thinks, oh how about I open the UBER app so I can rate the 10 trips I took this week...

16. unPat

unPat

You can order another uber without rating you driver.

Attached Files:

17. Uber315

Uber315

Yes that is correct .

18. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yea i used to get 70-80% rated trips. Its definitely gone down since the latest app update.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    tkuber likes this.
  19. I now have over 100 trips, and I'm guessing only about half of them have been rated, I think I have 45 five star. I don't think a lot of people bother with it. I make a point of rating every rider 5 star as I slide the complete trip slider, unless there was something wrong with them, which is rare. I've only rated one person low, and that was that nightmare trip going across the wrong bridge in another thread.

20. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

.............and your complaint is __________________________________________________?

Many users think that it is similar to the Michelin system and that you give five stars only to scrape, bow and kowtow. Most are amazed when you tell them that Uber and Lyft consider anything less than five stars unacceptable.