Many questions regarding driving uber and lyft in Las Vegas

Hwan

Hi, I'm interested in relocating to Las Vegas, but before I do I'm trying to get a feel of what it would be like to work as an Uber and Lyft Driver here. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your comments.

1) What are the requirements and how easy is it to become an Uber and Lyft driver here? I believe I need a TNC license which I read how to get it. I've never gotten a driver's license outside of Richmond, VA. Is it easy to get a driver's license without having a physical address for the state? I believe once I get a driver's license, the registration, insurance, inspection, and everything else will be easy.

2)How much do you/they make a day and per week on average, say if you do a 40 hour week.

3) Proportionately, would you say there are too many Uber and Lyft drivers in Las Vegas for the amount of people who need rides?

4) What are the best areas to find a lot of rides (including surrounding areas/cities)?

5) Do the riders tip well here? How much do make on average per day and week in tips?

Thanks for your help and responses. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Udrivevegas

Hi, I'm interested in relocating to Las Vegas, but before I do I'm trying to get a feel of what it would be like to work as an Uber and Lyft Driver here. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your comments.

1) What are the requirements and how easy is it to become an Uber and Lyft driver here? I believe I need a TNC license which I read how to get it. I've never gotten a driver's license outside of Richmond, VA. Is it easy to get a driver's license without having a physical address for the state? I believe once I get a driver's license, the registration, insurance, inspection, and everything else will be easy.

2)How much do you/they make a day and per week on average, say if you do a 40 hour week.

3) Proportionately, would you say there are too many Uber and Lyft drivers in Las Vegas for the amount of people who need rides?

4) What are the best areas to find a lot of rides (including surrounding areas/cities)?

5) Do the riders tip well here? How much do make on average per day and week in tips?

You should try finding and reading the thousand other threads asking the Exact. Same. Question.

UberFeeb

Vegas is not the gold mine most people think. It's a small city that has the same number of drivers as a large market city. You'll have to work hard and put in a lot of hours if you expect to make a living off just rideshare alone. Check out the other posts about driving in Vegas and do your research.

Luckycabby

Sounds like some questions the irs would ask to see how much cash tips people are making.

LML

1 - need to be here to get your license etc. Read the first thread in this section for other info, might take a couple of weeks to get things set up.
2 - maybe $8 an hour
3 - too many drivers
4 - all are ok, vegas isn't that big
5 - maybe 10%

Probably need $2000 to get things going, $1000 licenses, registration, insurance, etc. And $1000 to live on until you get rolling.

You won't make a living, at best it is a second or third job.

Last edited:
R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

Last edited by a moderator:

LML

Almost everything you said is very different from my experience. I generally get a reliable $15 an hour - the lowest I make at certain times is 12 an hour. Working the airport, most times, is a waste of time. The $15 an hour is working the Strip from the hours of between 4 pm and 11 pm weekdays or weekends. I likely could make more if I worked Friday and Saturday late nights.

Also, all areas are most certainly not equal - perhaps this is why you are making so little? Working the strip is generally very reliable income wise. The far north, east and northeast regions of Vegas are low income and mostly low paying pool rides and are worth avoiding. Henderson and the Summerlin can be busy at certain times but not as reliable as the strip.

Also I am getting a solid 15 - 20% of passengers tipping. By far the most tips come from the Strip area. On a $100 day I'll get a variable tip amount from between $6.00 to $15 average depending on how talkative I am.

I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding a grand for licenses etc. The county and state business licenses are $225 total , registration for most cars is a couple/few hundred give or take and insurance is by the month - anywhere from $80 - $200 depending on how much coverage you get. Our insurance rates here are very high.

So look I don't know why my numbers are so different than yours but it is what it is - at least for me.
Upload your tax return, lets see your net net, all said and done, then we can talk.

LML

Don't be stupid. Were I going to lie about this I would certainly make a bigger lie than a measly $15 an hour.

All I can say is that, with the exception of a few weeks in late August/early Sep I have been doing a reliable $15 an hour. Your lack of knowledge of Vegas hotspots (claiming that all areas in Vegas are equal) seems to support your $8.00 /hr income claims. You're just doing it wrong.

Anyhow I don't need to prove anything to you - believe what you want and go on making half of what I am (and I ain't making a lot - the $15/hr is before expenses) or you can wise up and try taking some freely offered advice. My impression is that you'll continue doing what you have always done so good luck with that.
Wow, thanks rookie, another know it all, $15 before expenses is about $8 after exspenses and taxes. Obviously you haven't paid your taxes yet. Don't forget about the IRS, rookie mistake.

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

LML

My other restroom comments were joking, please focus and stay on track. We are talking about making money, wages in Vegas, not where I go pee pee.

You have made numerous personnal attacks, rookie mistakes.

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here