Many drivers quit on July 15 by new regulation

Rocker

Many drivers quit on July 15th by new regulation.
Because over 8 years vehicle owned drivers have to pay over minimum $500 a month by ride sharing insurance and new vehicle.
But Uber still not announce about ride sharing insurance in spite of start new regulation on July 15th.

Token44

Yup... Still a wait and see game about insurance.

In typical Uber style it'll come down to the 11th hour.

biozon

Uber is way too positive on the amount of drivers that will stop driving under new regulations.

They only base their number on vehicle years, but they do not take into account any other important factors, such as insurance which is missing (and not everyone would be able to quickly switch to "their" insurance, when and if it is ever in place).

Aside from that, many other factors come in play, such as Uber planning on pushing Poo to XL and moreover - introducing these ridiculous flat rates. All this and new player, such as Lyft and Juno coming to town, Uber is now digging its grave not with a shovel, but with an excavator. Good luck to Uber :rolleyes:

Noobler

Has Juno said its coming to Toronto? I never read anything about that.

One more issue with regs... Uber has messed up on the background check also. Alot of drivers did the First Advantage check. Now Uber has switched to Chekr in the last week, and the drivers who did the FA check dont know if they should do with Chekr now. Ive had conflicting emails with CRS's on this.

Classic Uber one hand not telling the the other hand whats going on.

Token44

I don't know now... there's talk about Lyft being for sale, and Juno stating no plans to enter Toronto soon, Uber seems poised to suck as much $$$ as they can while that can.

They will be the only player in the TNC arena for a while in Toronto. They obviously don't care about the market, the driver's, or the users. They appear to gladly leave any market that doesn't suit them at any time.

Juno would have a great shot in Toronto. Seems like they check all of the boxes, including supposedly treating drivers better.

Even their name would resonate with Canadians.
Juno Beach was huge for Canada
The Juno awards
Even the baby polar bear at the Toronto Zoo.

Just hope they see the value in coming to Canada.

clearport

Any chance the July 15th doomsday will be extended due to volatility in loss of too many drivers?

I can't see all these drivers staying and Uber being able to support the demand of its customers.

I won't be surprised if I log in July 15 and still be running with my 07 vehicle. I refuse to be pushed to change vehicles without seeing it through first.

I CALL BLUFF on this one!!!!

Bujee69

Nah... It'll be Blood red... That's why Uber is proposing to quote an estimated fare in lieu of surge percentage to PAX,
That definitely makes sense. After July 15th for at least 1 week, it will be surging for the majority of the time. It is just one other thing Uber is going to have to deal with, ie. upset PAX

Token44

That definitely makes sense. After July 15th for at least 1 week, it will be surging for the majority of the time. It is just one other thing Uber is going to have to deal with, ie. upset PAX
And they are going to have to deactivate all of the remaining drivers for poor ratings. Longer wait times, and surge will surely mean a lot of 1* from riders. :smiles:

Kidding of course, I'm sure they will change their requirements so all of the 2.5* drivers can continue. LOL!

Uberchampion

There are a lot of desperate people out there. For every one person who comes on the site to ask if they should buy a car for Uber. There are 10 who already have without doing the research.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the referral rats are the only influencing factor in new drivers lives. They tell them all the right things and take them to their friends to buy new cars.

My parents were new immigrants to Canada and trust me....they did all kinds of shit jobs to put food on the table. Uber is a lot easier than pumping gas at 4am .

Uber will not run out of drivers.....there are way to many people who need the upfront money regardless of the overall cost.

Uberxdriver111

We have some really good responses from people here about this situation. Uber needs to get its act together before the competition comes to town. When Juno comes to Toronto, I will personally spend several hours a day promoting them and campaigning against Uber and it's unethical practices by printing out thousands of flyers on my own dime and handing them out to everyone downtown.

Uberchampion

We have some really good responses from people here about this situation. Uber needs to get its act together before the competition comes to town. When Juno comes to Toronto, I will personally spend several hours a day promoting them and campaigning against Uber and it's unethical practices by printing out thousands of flyers on my own dime and handing them out to everyone downtown.
Juno is not coming anytime soon. I called them a few weeks ago and they said their focus is on expansion in the US right now.

Look up the post. It has Juno's phone number

Uberxdriver111

Juno is not coming anytime soon. I called them a few weeks ago and they said their focus is on expansion in the US right now.

If enough drivers hammer them to come to Canada, it won't hurt. I'm even thinking of starting a petition for Juno to launch here

HuKo600RR

Thanks exactly what Lyft told be a while back.. but then I've heard they're eventually going to be here.