• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Manipulating airport surge

Transportador

We used to do this at SFO until Uber just ignored it and turned off surge even during busy time. After a few minutes drivers gave up. Uber also started to ping drivers 15 minutes outside of the lot for SFO rides and sometimes gave them surge. You can't fight the system since they know our tricks. Granted, it took longer for the riders to get picked up when this happened.

Poopy54

I read a lot of the city posts here and yes Uber/Lyft knows all the tricks, because everyone post those here, like idiots, you all know, or should, that they read these forums. Have never understood why the people post their trickery on these forums

PioneerXi

Our Airport last night.

A7ACE2F5-97B4-486A-9709-E57B7E23DBBD.jpeg

The real trickery is on how we admonish Uber/Lyft for their surge/PT actions.

In our eyes, thievery. In their eyes, an economic business decision to diminish pay outs.

Mmlim30

Anyone notice Uber surge popping out for a few minutes then dissapearing in all parts of OC this past few nights?

DirtyRead

Anyone notice Uber surge popping out for a few minutes then dissapearing in all parts of OC this past few nights?
Do you mean Orange County? I happen to be up there the last two nights and I believe I did notice this. I thought it was just me. I know I saw one in San Clemente Monday night a 2x. We donut have the multiplier surge in San Diego any more. I wanted to snap a screen shot and post it for nostalgia or a gag maybe. Before I could it was gone. Tuesday night when I was driving I swear I saw it happen twice more.

Mmlim30

Do you mean Orange County? I happen to be up there the last two nights and I believe I did notice this. I thought it was just me. I know I saw one in San Clemente Monday night a 2x. We donut have the multiplier surge in San Diego any more. I wanted to snap a screen shot and post it for nostalgia or a gag maybe. Before I could it was gone. Tuesday night when I was driving I swear I saw it happen twice more.
Seems like Uber is messin around with the fake surge cause it’s done it 3 straight nights.
Post automatically merged:

Yes Orange County.

Declineathon

It don't mean a thing if it aint in that ping. shoo bah shoo bah shoo bah. I don't care if the cloud says $25. I still wouldn't drive into it. Either the ping shows a bonus or not.