• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Manila Uber Newbie Thread

Francis Manila

I already have attended Uber's Introduction Seminar, and i am really interested in joining Uber as a partner and hire a driver.

I have no idea how much is the prescribed salary for an Uber X driver here in Manila. I have asked several drivers when i ride, and it's different each time. I hope someone successful as an operator would PM me some tips about driver's salary.

And i hope this thread will be a helpful question and answer for those who want to join UBER.

Thank you all.

ubermanilarider

Most uberX operators are now running their cars for 24-hours (similar to local cabs), and split the net fare (excl Uber 20% & gas) to a 60-40 with the driver. Whatever floats your boat.

But don't expect anything great with Uber, cash flow is good but after you account for all the expenses and wear & tear, you might just rethink why you even volunteered for this in the first place.

centralFLFuber

I hear they will soon be hiring LOTS of CSR reps in the Phillipenes....

I would NOT count on earning any $$$ by being a DRIVER...ur just trading miles/depreciation of ur vehicle for a $ today...

I would Stay FAR AWAY from this company called UBER....unless u enjoy getting screwed without the kiss n love... ull see

Uber ON!

Francis Manila

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you an operator ubermanilarider?
For whatever it's worth, i am now in the process of being an uber partner.
I will post my experience here once the process is complete so that those who are interested may be informed. (as suggested by johnfrommanila)

RyManila

I am planning on doing the same (being an operator) but I am not sure on how to split the fare with the driver.

Francis, kindly post your experience

Jeeves

Most uberX operators are now running their cars for 24-hours (similar to local cabs), and split the net fare (excl Uber 20% & gas) to a 60-40 with the driver. Whatever floats your boat.

But don't expect anything great with Uber, cash flow is good but after you account for all the expenses and wear & tear, you might just rethink why you even volunteered for this in the first place.
I notice a lot of that going on here in the states as well. A full time driver will lease his car out for the hours of the week when they aren't driving.

Dane

New here. Drivin' my UberX for almost 2 weeks now after work at least 3-5 rides before goin' home. Just for an extra cash. :smiles:

Any tips guys on where is the perfect spot in Manila, Ph to stay and get riders? Thanks! :smiles:

marvz_dalisay

Newbie here..im planning to buy a new car thru financing and join UberX. i have a decent day job i just need some extra income to pay off my soon to be new car and some extra if there will be for monthly bills. i just want to know how much are the drivers average earnings per day minus deductions?
thanks in advance :smiles:

Bon

I just joined UBER 2 weeks ago. The first week, its okay. But after a week I review my income, and I think its not worth it. The wear and tear of the car, high gasoline prices, traffic etc is not enough to consider this a good sideline/business. I think they should increase the fare (not just incentives). They are computing the fare when the trip started, how about the travel when picking the rider?

Dane

I just joined UBER 2 weeks ago. The first week, its okay. But after a week I review my income, and I think its not worth it. The wear and tear of the car, high gasoline prices, traffic etc is not enough to consider this a good sideline/business. I think they should increase the fare (not just incentives). They are computing the fare when the trip started, how about the travel when picking the rider?
What car are you driving sir?

amPOGIko

what are the current incentives in Manila? Last time I heard, they required for a driver to be online for X number of hours. If you are doing this only part time, there is little to no chance of you making enough to pay for your monthly amortization. You need to drive around 10 hours a day to hit the goals. If you hit the incentive requirements, I think it would be enough.

Von

Hi guys i am a new uber partner for a week now so far it's a bit good for me..

I think you can earn a little by using UBER but not the kind of earning years before..

I've made a website on where i share my strategies in order for you to maximize the profits by doing UBER here in manila you can see it at " maniilauberdriver . blogspot . com" (without spaces)

Last edited:

ryanlsaplan

I'm new to this forum and planning to go UBER in the next 2months or so. I plan on hiring a driver for this. So when I got a chance to ride an UBER, I always talk to the driver to get as much information as I can get.

So here is what I got when talking to the drivers/owner.
One driver is the father of the car owner, he is being payed by his son Php 50.00 per trip. He usually get 12-15 trips a day and usually starts at 4:30am. I wasn't able to get the monthly net income though since his son is the owner.

The other UBER driver that I've ridden is the owner itself. The 2nd driver/owner said he started last January 2015. So far so good for him, he actually said that he already got the downpayment that he used to get the car (Vios E). He also said that last month, May 2015, he got 80k net income from UBER. He starts at 9am to 1am. He usually gets 15 trips a day up to maximum of 25 trips. He prefers night when driving since no traffic. He's planning to get another car (Vios J) for another UBER. He also said about the 40-60 split for the driver and operator. My take on this is that 1am is a bit too much. That I assume is when he gets 25trips a day. The 40-60 split is I think is a bit too much also. I mean, this is your car, you maintain it and you provide fuel for it. Unless your split is already a net where you already deducted the maintenance and fuel expense. But still I think 40-60 split is a bit too much. But that's just my take. :smiles:

So here's my take on the driver's salary. I've been thinking about this for a while but feel free to recommend any changes to it to the best of driver-operator relationship. I plan on giving a contract and in this contract will states the following:
1. Driver will drive for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri). The time he starts will be on his own accord.
2. A minimum trip of 12 trips a day OR 240 trips a month. (This will avoid the tambay mode of the drivers)
3. A monthly income of 15k - 20k OR 30% of the monthly net income, WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. (This will, probably, give him the motivation to get more trips as much as he can).
3. If the required trips per month is not reach, the drivers salary will be base on per trip basis. Per trip will cost Php 50.00 - Php 75.00.
4. If in case the car has been damage, the driver and the operator will split (50-50) for the repair cost.
5. Maintenance and Fuel expenses will be shouldered by the operator.
6. A Php 500.00 a day will be provided for the driver for his pocket money. (This is for any driving related expenses like Toll Fee). A receipt is needed if this is consumed. If not, the said amount will be given back to the operator.
7. Driver meal or any personal expenses will be shouldered by the driver himself.

So what do you think guys? As I have said, feel free to modify these conditions as you see fit. I'm also open to any suggestions.

EDITED:
Okay, a co-worker of mine suggested to have a quota in monetary instead of trips per day. I think we will need a financial computation for this to cover your daily gas expenditures and monthly maintenance and the drivers salary.

Last edited:

cubs

Hi,

Is there a way we can see the customers destination prior to accepting it or before going to customers place after accepting or before pick up?
There are some who are just doing this as a partime job, who also have a day job, and who would want to have a customers destination near their work place or home or to a place they are also going to.

Example.
I'm going to the office for my day job & as a part time, I would like to have someone who is also going to my area.
same as going home
same as going to somewhere else

Thank you

Last edited:

ryanlsaplan

I'm new to this forum and planning to go UBER in the next 2months or so. I plan on hiring a driver for this. So when I got a chance to ride an UBER, I always talk to the driver to get as much information as I can get.

So here is what I got when talking to the drivers/owner.
One driver is the father of the car owner, he is being payed by his son Php 50.00 per trip. He usually get 12-15 trips a day and usually starts at 4:30am. I wasn't able to get the monthly net income though since his son is the owner.

The other UBER driver that I've ridden is the owner itself. The 2nd driver/owner said he started last January 2015. So far so good for him, he actually said that he already got the downpayment that he used to get the car (Vios E). He also said that last month, May 2015, he got 80k net income from UBER. He starts at 9am to 1am. He usually gets 15 trips a day up to maximum of 25 trips. He prefers night when driving since no traffic. He's planning to get another car (Vios J) for another UBER. He also said about the 40-60 split for the driver and operator. My take on this is that 1am is a bit too much. That I assume is when he gets 25trips a day. The 40-60 split is I think is a bit too much also. I mean, this is your car, you maintain it and you provide fuel for it. Unless your split is already a net where you already deducted the maintenance and fuel expense. But still I think 40-60 split is a bit too much. But that's just my take. :smiles:

So here's my take on the driver's salary. I've been thinking about this for a while but feel free to recommend any changes to it to the best of driver-operator relationship. I plan on giving a contract and in this contract will states the following:
1. Driver will drive for 5 days a week (Mon-Fri). The time he starts will be on his own accord.
2. A minimum trip of 12 trips a day OR 240 trips a month. (This will avoid the tambay mode of the drivers)
3. A monthly income of 15k - 20k OR 30% of the monthly net income, WHICHEVER IS HIGHER. (This will, probably, give him the motivation to get more trips as much as he can).
3. If the required trips per month is not reach, the drivers salary will be base on per trip basis. Per trip will cost Php 50.00 - Php 75.00.
4. If in case the car has been damage, the driver and the operator will split (50-50) for the repair cost.
5. Maintenance and Fuel expenses will be shouldered by the operator.
6. A Php 500.00 a day will be provided for the driver for his pocket money. (This is for any driving related expenses like Toll Fee). A receipt is needed if this is consumed. If not, the said amount will be given back to the operator.
7. Driver meal or any personal expenses will be shouldered by the driver himself.

So what do you think guys? As I have said, feel free to modify these conditions as you see fit. I'm also open to any suggestions.

EDITED:
Okay, a co-worker of mine suggested to have a quota in monetary instead of trips per day. I think we will need a financial computation for this to cover your daily gas expenditures and monthly maintenance and the drivers salary.
Okay, so I've made a little feasibility study to compute for the net income that you will get per day. This computation will be base on how many hours that you (operator) / driver will drive under UBER, mileage (km/liter), fuel price, etc.

As an operator, I don't recommend on giving a Php50.00 per trip salary for the driver. There are scenarios where you only get Php 60.00 for 2km trip. The computation will also be based on an % sharing with the driver.

Here is the spreadsheet.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz4MhZbPy9fIQ2hDb1dDcVRVT1k

Good luck guys.

Last edited:

J Marcelo

Okay, so I've made a little feasibility study to compute for the net income that you will get per day. This computation will be base on how many hours that you (operator) / driver will drive under UBER, mileage (km/liter), fuel price, etc.

As an operator, I don't recommend on giving a Php50.00 per trip salary for the driver. There are scenarios where you only get Php 60.00 for 2km trip. The computation will also be based on an % sharing with the driver.

Anyway, if you want to a copy of this file, just send me a message here. I can't upload the file and I can't include the links here due to site requirements.

Good luck guys.
Hi Ryan,

It would be great to have a copy of this.

J Marcelo

Are you an operator ubermanilarider?
For whatever it's worth, i am now in the process of being an uber partner.
I will post my experience here once the process is complete so that those who are interested may be informed. (as suggested by johnfrommanila)
Hi Francis,

Did you pursue Operating an Uber? How did it go?