• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Manhattan Institute Says "No Tipping" For Uber Drivers.

Uber-Doober

Last week on the #Jerry Doyle radio show here in Vegas there was a guy on the program from the Manhattan Institute and they were discussing Uber.
The upshot of the interview is that when Doyle asked about tipping, the guy from the Institute says, #"No tipping", and that it's a totally cashless "experience".

uberissohonest

get used to the "cashless experience"...implanted microchips, mark of the beast and all that shit. uber is part of the marketing of "how convenient it is to not carry cash!" they've got most of the cattle onboard to the slaughterhouse. please dont make me explain the ramifications of this...if you
can't figure this one out, you're done for.

uberissohonest

ok, me spell out: every transaction tracked and accounted for, and your all-the-time whereabouts. right now you can leave your cell at home, but down the road you won't be able to leave yourself at home. cellphones have been able for the last 15 years or so to give good data to whomever might want it, but the ULTIMATE is just around the corner...something you cant leave behind. or cut it out of your flesh, and good luck buying sustenance. number-sign(cause i refuse to say "hashtag") OFF GRID.

Last edited:

ChicagoHeat12

get used to the "cashless experience"...implanted microchips, mark of the beast and all that shit. uber is part of the marketing of "how convenient it is to not carry cash!" they've got most of the cattle onboard to the slaughterhouse. please dont make me explain the ramifications of this...if you
can't figure this one out, you're done for.
I always deduct a star for no tips

GrandpaD

And, unfortunately, I've seen the "no tip" philosophy spread to Vegas. However, while I haven't used it yet, I got a "Square" credit card reader. Some business folks need receipts for everything. With Uber not having a tip option, I can take their credit card should they want to tip with a receipt. The reader is free and they take less than 3%. But, cheap ass people, no takers yet.

elelegido

ok, me spell out: every transaction tracked and accounted for, and your all-the-time whereabouts. right now you can leave your cell at home, but down the road you won't be able to leave yourself at home. cellphones have been able for the last 15 years or so to give good data to whomever might want it, but the ULTIMATE is just around the corner...something you cant leave behind. or cut it out of your flesh, and good luck buying sustenance. number-sign(cause i refuse to say "hashtag") OFF GRID.
Be very careful posting this kind of content. They might be watching you.

tomabq

And, unfortunately, I've seen the "no tip" philosophy spread to Vegas. However, while I haven't used it yet, I got a "Square" credit card reader. Some business folks need receipts for everything. With Uber not having a tip option, I can take their credit card should they want to tip with a receipt. The reader is free and they take less than 3%. But, cheap ass people, no takers yet.
Don't know about you but I've found waiters and waitress are the worst at tipping. I've also quit tipping when I go to a or restaurant.