1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Man gives his kid a gun for the Lyft ride back to mom's

Discussion in 'News' started by Mista T, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Man was drinking, decided to get his underage son a Lyft home instead of drive. Didn't like the looks of the driver, so he gave his boy a gun for protection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BGQQqUMIMzAF&usg=AOvVaw1WgSe1GH-2F3SlCzp3B0vN

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wQqOcBCCIwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0uX2fZyeyAVGWzn6dC2A0X

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - Police in southwestern Indiana say a man who didn't like the appearance of a Lyft driver gave his 14-year-old son a loaded gun for a ride home.

Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding says the father, Adam Meece, has been charged with neglect and providing a gun to a child.

TV station WFIE says Meece told police that he had been drinking alcohol Tuesday night and couldn't drive his son to the home of the boy's mother. He decided to call Lyft.

The boy gave the gun to his mother after the ride.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

3. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    He looks like the kind of guy that would give a gun to a kid before he rides in a Lyft lol

What are the Vegas odds on the ethnicity of the driver? Or what he looked like lol.

I really need to know lol

melusine3 and Ozzyoz like this.
  4. UberBastid

I don't know for sure, but, I bet he is a "deplorable."

RockinEZ, stpetej and MoreTips like this.
  5. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Looking at the photo on the news story, he appears Hispanic. He gave a gun and a knife to the kid. Told police the driver "looked like a 'chomo'" (child molester).

Dude is now facing 4 felony charges. I wonder if Lyft will consider shutting down his account. You know they gonna deactivate the driver for taking a minor.

6. UberBastid

I called it first: deplorable.

stpetej likes this.
  7. Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I also need to know what kind of gun lol, do think he checked if its loaded, pulled the mag out or shined it a little before giving it to the son?

I would imagine the kid eats a country fried steak with a Rambo knife as well

I would bet heavy but need to see the Vegas numbers on it was the moms account lol

melusine3 likes this.
  8. SakoSays

SakoSays Member

Drivers at fault for giving a child a ride. If in doubt card everyone.

9. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Great parenting.

10. Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I don't blame the driver for completing the ride, its probably safer to avoid confrontation and deal with it afterward at that point

We weren't there for all we know he probably assumed the father was going too

melusine3 and SakoSays like this.
  11. SakoSays

SakoSays Member

It doesn’t matter as soon as he drove off with a child he broke the law. Same with a 7-11 selling cigs to a child. It’s especially difficult now since children now come in adult size. Drivers need to take this **** seriously.

drive4lyft69 and Duber12 like this.
  12. Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Did you miss that the kid has a gun and if the father goes nuts who already thinks your a child molester, guess who is getting shot , I rather break the law at that point, but it's a split second decision.

negeorgia, Wilhelm Klink and ratethis like this.
  13. SakoSays

SakoSays Member

I haven’t read the article but if the driver felt uncomfortable at any point he/she should call the police. At the end of the day he broke the law. He could of just gotten out the car and ran to safety doing zig zags. Drunk people can’t shoot that accurately.
    Basically he had options.

14. Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Read the article and get back to me lol

15. SakoSays

SakoSays Member

The article didn’t say anything about the driver feeling threatened.

16. Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The article didnt say the father was a rabbi either

Zebonkey, forqalso and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  17. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

The law, or Uber’s policy?

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  18. UberBastid

If you were the clerk behind the counter at the 7-11, and a fourteen year old walked in with a 9mm stuck in his belt, and asked for a pack of Camel non-filters ... would you serve him?
    Or, quote the law?
    (This is an actual test question in the Arkansas Mensa Genius test.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  19. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

The part I love about this story is that drunk Super-Dad thought the driver looked like a perv -- but he sent his kid with them anyway!

I guess that's just natural selection at work, but it's still kind of sad for the kid.

20. UberBastid

Hey, if a dad can't give his kid some backup to protect his backside from a ChoMo, what kid of dad is he?

MadTownUberD likes this.