• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Man fatally shot while riding in Uber

BurgerTiime

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-shootings-violence-20180218-story.html

A man killed while riding in an Uber near Jackson Park Medical Center was among six people shot, two fatally, between Sunday and Monday mornings, authorities said.

The man, 34, was in an Uber in the 7400 block of South Stony Island Avenue in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side when someone in a tan-colored vehicle pulled up alongside him and fired shots about 2:10 a.m. Monday, police said. The man was hit in the in the neck and head and pronounced dead at nearby Jackson Park Medical Center.

About five shell casings sat on the street in between a parking lot for a Jewel Osco and a BP gas station. Officers guarded a blue sedan with a back window shot out that was parked in the emergency room area for Jackson Park Hospital.

In the other homicide, a man was found with a gunshot wound to the torso in the Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side early Monday, police said. Officers responded to the 2200 block of South Keeler Avenue about 4:20 a.m. and the man, 24, was pronounced dead on the scene. The man was arguing with a woman inside a residence when the woman shot him once in the back, police said.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-shootings-violence-20180218-story.html

A man killed while riding in an Uber near Jackson Park Medical Center was among six people shot, two fatally, between Sunday and Monday mornings, authorities said.

The man, 34, was in an Uber in the 7400 block of South Stony Island Avenue in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side when someone in a tan-colored vehicle pulled up alongside him and fired shots about 2:10 a.m. Monday, police said. The man was hit in the in the neck and head and pronounced dead at nearby Jackson Park Medical Center.

About five shell casings sat on the street in between a parking lot for a Jewel Osco and a BP gas station. Officers guarded a blue sedan with a back window shot out that was parked in the emergency room area for Jackson Park Hospital.

In the other homicide, a man was found with a gunshot wound to the torso in the Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side early Monday, police said. Officers responded to the 2200 block of South Keeler Avenue about 4:20 a.m. and the man, 24, was pronounced dead on the scene. The man was arguing with a woman inside a residence when the woman shot him once in the back, police said.
This is more of a " BEWARE AT 2 AM " thing than an " UBER BEWARE" thing.

All " FOR HIRE" cars in Chicago should be bullet proof.

tohunt4me

They weren't after the driver...8>O
Someone shoot my car or my passenger
I would never assume they were Not after me !
You would be a Living Witness if nothing else.

Would be some serious escape & evasion going on.

tragic.

victim probably known gang member. shooter probably known gang member. just being honest.

still tragic and fortunate driver didn't get touched.
They shoot MY passenger
They Disrespect ME and My Car.

SEAL Team 5

4500 people shot with 700 deaths for a city that has very strict gun laws. You can look at this two different ways. Either that's a lot of violence or Chicagoians are a piss poor aim. 700 out of 4500 is like 1 out of 6 1/2. A kill ratio of only 15%. That won't cut it in real world combat.

This is nothing new. Chicago is a murder city. They have a constant 700 murders a year. What has anyone done about the Chicago murders in the last 5 years?

Mars Troll Number 4

I dont understand how this can happen in Chicago, where guns are illegal ?!
I hope you're being sarcastic?

They can't search every car that comes into the city for guns and drugs.

They will come in, largely unhindered.

One can drive from just north of the Mexican boarder all the way to the United Center in Chicago and 999/1000 times they won't won't get searched.

SEAL Team 5

One can drive from just north of the Mexican boarder all the way to the United Center in Chicago and 999/1000 times they won't won't get searched.
My state use to search every car. But that was deemed racial profiling. With AZ law enforcement now having to be a bunch of wimps I just hope that you guys in the rest of the country are ready. If you think the heroin epidemic is bad now, you haven't even begin to see what's coming. Guns, especially AK's will start pouring in by the thousands to a city near you.

Sheriff Joe can't help you out anymore. He's a "racist". Let's see the take on this when people's children are overdosing on heroin or being shot in a drug deal gone bad.

tohunt4me

4500 people shot with 700 deaths for a city that has very strict gun laws. You can look at this two different ways. Either that's a lot of violence or Chicagoians are a piss poor aim. 700 out of 4500 is like 1 out of 6 1/2. A kill ratio of only 15%. That won't cut it in real world combat.

This is nothing new. Chicago is a murder city. They have a constant 700 murders a year. What has anyone done about the Chicago murders in the last 5 years?
These troops would be cannon fodder with a shooting average like that.

The " ones" who walk point . . . to attract fire, discover mines, check enemy mortar range settings . . .

fusionuber

Thats just terrible.
Imagine talking to your passenger one minute
Then the next minute he is shot in neck and head.

The driver did what he could.
Drove immediately to hospital.
Yeah but did he complete the trip before he went to hospital or after

IERide

They can't search every car that comes into the city for guns and drugs.
They will come in, largely unhindered.
Ok thanks for the explanation - I think i understand now...
So, basically, it’s only the safe, law-abiding citizens that get disarmed and the criminals just continue to do what they’ve always done, which is breaking the law.. Except now the criminals get the added bonus of not having to worry about a law-abiding citizen being able to fight back or defend himself.. Got it!

UberLaLa

Ok thanks for the explanation - I think i understand now...
So, basically, it’s only the safe, law-abiding citizens that get disarmed and the criminals just continue to do what they’ve always done, which is breaking the law.. Except now the criminals get the added bonus of not having to worry about a law-abiding citizen being able to fight back or defend himself.. Got it!
Correct :rolleyes: