• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Making sense of rating system

U8er

Asking for a good rating can be a cause to deactivation if the pax reports you. Don't talk about it at all!!!

If you get a report along with non-5*, think about the reason.

By the way, don't get too much stress from the rating. I once got a 4.03* driver and he seems to have fared well now that he is 4.13* now. Lol

Australians are Racists. Full Stop.

Accept it and move on.

Drivers aren't stupid or that clueless (except maybe for new drivers or arrivals to the country). So no need to waste your time discussing "making sense of Uber's rating system". Only stupid Uber drivers would give a racist 5 stars.

Ola and Didi never deactivate their drivers (whom by the way can't rate riders) solely based on their ratings. Why ? Because Australians are racists

nozm212

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Australians are Racists. Full Stop.

Accept it and move on.

Drivers aren't stupid or that clueless (except maybe for new drivers or arrivals to the country). So no need to waste your time discussing "making sense of Uber's rating system". Only stupid Uber drivers would give a racist 5 stars.

Ola and Didi never deactivate their drivers (whom by the way can't rate riders) solely based on their ratings. Why ? Because Australians are racists
The dumbest comment i have read on this forum. I hope you are not an Uber driver.

Rushmanyyz

Your rating is quite low. I've driven around Melbourne for 30 years and had a minor nose to tail in Murrrumbeena Rd changing a tape in 1993. Since then zero accidents. (Touch wood) There are some pretty bad drivers out there - I see them through my windscreen doing crazy stuff. Such as:
1. Late decision maneuvers causing chaos. I saw a 4 car pile up on Kings Way all caused by this idiot Uber driver swerving into another lane.
2. Going really slow. So many Uber drivers seem glued to the right lane of the freeway doing 20ks under the limit. Just do the speed limit. Annoys the hell out of pads.
3. Not driving smooth. When accelerating or braking really try and be smooth. I've had some terrible Ubers treating the accelerator and brake like a switch. Same with steering - be smooth.
4. Get one percenters right. Hook turns are a classic for sorting good drivers fron the not so good. The two main errors hook turner's make is they don't go far enough into intersection then they miss their cue to go, once the light goes amber leaving poor people behind them stuck in the intersection. Other one percenters are indicating properly, accelerating on freeway on ramps to the freeway speed, not 30ks under. I leave my headlights in all the time. Reason being makes you more visible.
5. Be courteous to other drivers. Nothing makes you look like a bigger tool than blocking a keep clear zone in busy traffic, preventing side road traffic from entering or crossing. So many mostly international driver's I've ridden with seem to be oblivious to these keep clear zones. Pretty rude I reckon.
6. Parking like an 8 yo kid. Sure theres places like Chapel and Smith St that challenge us all when picking up/dropping off but I see Ubers doing some utterly idiotic stuff like blocking trams, parking in stupid places like Queens Rd or right near corners. If the pick up spot it in a dumb spot, park somewhere ok closeby and call the rider (or cancel based in safety issue).
7. Nav feedback - often I'll just run past the nav route feedback from Uber to see what they think. I always ask them if they're ok with taking the toll route if it's part of the Uber route. Often tolls are pointless when traffic is light. Riders seem to appreciate the choice.

Dumb driving is everywhere these days in Melbourne. The quality of driving had steadily fallen over the last 15 years and there are dumb drivers just around the next corner waiting to cut you off, not give way or worse. Try to take on board what I've said as positive encouragment.
Your explanation of the hook turn is terribly incorrect. You MUST wait till the oncoming light goes green. If you turn on tbe amber light on your side, you will run the light at best and crash into someone charging through on an amber light at worst.

On the ratings, I just read in the app that they say the Pax does not see the rating the driver gave them until they actually rate that driver.
How can that work if 55% of the riders don't rate drivers.
Does that mean if you don't rate a driver you stay on 5.00?

Has anyone tested this at all?
They have like 10 days to rate. After that time, it'd just update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WokeUP New York City 7
MasterOFMyCastle Los Angeles & Orange County 25
Felixqb Los Angeles & Orange County 119