• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Making money using other gig-economy apps during slow times?? (e.g. www.solicitr.ca)

Has anyone been using other gig-economy apps to make money during slow times?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

guy123

Past Sponsor
For those who rely on gig-economy apps like Uber and Lyft for a substantial portion of their income (or even those who use these apps occasionally to earn a side-income), have you ever considered using other gig-economy apps to earn money during slow times??

While there are a number of apps out there, one app that I recently heard about (www.solicitr.ca) (coming soon) connects small businesses looking to sell their products or services with everyday locals in their community who are willing to sell and promote those products or services for a healthy commission. For example, a dentist looking to sell dental cleanings for $150, a massage therapist looking to sell massages for $100, or a car tune-up business looking to sell tire and oil changes, can all partner with everyday locals to sell those services on the SOLICITR platform in exchange for 10-30% commissions.

Since selling on this particular platform is done electronically and/or through social media, I was thinking it would be a good use of a driver's time to sell on the platform during slower times on Uber or Lyft (i.e. while waiting for passengers or while at home during off times) to earn money while waiting.

Has anyone been using other gig-economy apps to make extra money while waiting?

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 11.23.02 PM.png

dmoney155

For those who rely on gig-economy apps like Uber and Lyft for a substantial portion of their income (or even those who use these apps occasionally to earn a side-income), have you ever considered using other gig-economy apps to earn money during slow times??

While there are a number of apps out there, one app that I recently heard about (www.solicitr.ca) (coming soon) connects small businesses looking to sell their products or services with everyday locals in their community who are willing to sell and promote those products or services for a healthy commission. For example, a dentist looking to sell dental cleanings for $150, a massage therapist looking to sell massages for $100, or a car tune-up business looking to sell tire and oil changes, can all partner with everyday locals to sell those services on the SOLICITR platform in exchange for 10-30% commissions.

Since selling on this particular platform is done electronically and/or through social media, I was thinking it would be a good use of a driver's time to sell on the platform during slower times on Uber or Lyft (i.e. while waiting for passengers or while at home during off times) to earn money while waiting.

View attachment 334245
I'm creating an app for pan handlers. Going to disrupt homless... you wanna sign up?

NORMY

View attachment 334245
sarcastic-man-show-me-the-money-meme.jpg

Speedy_Gonzales

View attachment 334245
Brilliant idea! How much do you make per email address signed up?

guy123

Past Sponsor
Thank you to those who have voted!

As a pre-launch and pre-revenue platform, I can assure that no money was made from this post.

Consider it a due diligence and market research exercise to learn how the platform may be received from people already making money using gig-economy apps. I mean no disrespect and encourage those interested to consider the platform following its launch shortly.

Any feedback or thoughts about the platform would be greatly appreciated.

NORMY

Thank you to those who have voted!

As a pre-launch and pre-revenue platform, I can assure that no money was made from this post.

Consider it a due diligence and market research exercise to learn how the platform may be received from people already making money using gig-economy apps. I mean no disrespect and encourage those interested to consider the platform following its launch shortly.

Any feedback or thoughts about the platform would be greatly appreciated.
How much can I make