Make up to 45 dollars a night driving for Uber.

Cocobird

talking to a couple of friends that still drive for Uber and last week was understandably bad because of the protests but people were out this weekend and my friends were texting me that they barely made 50 dollars driving last night.

Travis used to brag about how Uber drivers are making 100,000 a year. Uber's bragging numbers steadily declined. Now Uber is running ads bragging that you can make up to 300 a week. (actually it is a little more than that, very little)

What once was a great idea....

ctb

between downtown and LSU. had a few good fares taking people to dinners from their house out in Old Jefferson area.

This is a good part-time or 2nd job. I have made about $95 driving off and on this weekend. (14 rides, about 9 hours online total for Friday night, yesterday, and today). Even with the rate cuts, I am making about what I made working weekends at the mall of LA. But, no way I would drive full time. Way too many miles being put on car for not enough money and no benefits.

ctb

How you made that much . In Baton Rouge can you show me a snap shot of your trips
I had 30 trips total for the day. I thinks 6 of my trips were over 20 dollars. picked up people going downtown from there house to weddings and reception parties. was XL trips. just fortunate to get those.

Tam Ngo

I had 30 trips total for the day. I thinks 6 of my trips were over 20 dollars. picked up people going downtown from there house to weddings and reception parties. was XL trips. just fortunate to get those.
Is Baton Rouge that busy some time on week days . I live near New Orleans . Should I consider going to Baton Rouge to uber ???

Cocobird

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure, we could use more people. If we get enough uber drivers here we could make 10 cents an hour
Is Baton Rouge that busy some time on week days . I live near New Orleans . Should I consider going to Baton Rouge to uber ???

Baton Rouge is oversaturated with drivers right now and there's not a lot of demand. Whatever surges there are tend to be short-lived mostly. You are better off in New Orleans.

agtg

I think drivers need to come to terms with the fact that the first two years Uber was merely laying the groundwork. Throwing a bunch of capital around up front is just part of the business plan. Wacking riders with high fees once in a while was part of the plan, too, as they want to position drivers on the defensive so they don't question things. Get them back on their heels between riders and Uber so drivers are demoralized and don't bother following through with anything related to pay, customer service, or anything that will cut into Uber's bottom line. It's a classic middle-management tactic.

The truth is, Uber never intended to continue the way things were. It was merely the first step in their long-term business model. What you see now, is the real plan.