Make hay while the sun shines

Heisenberg 99.1%

Hordes have to keep signing up - the stats i have read are: (not sure how accurate)
80% only drive part time
50% drop off after one year
20% don't last much more than 1 to 4 weeks
Plus more and more people out in the burbs are riding each week
The hay is always there if you put the time in.

Azzure

It's true regarding more people out in the burbs are riding each week with usage in the burbs increasing more and more each week. I've felt it in my area (loving it by the way :smiles: ) but some riders are now complaining of 10min wait times instead of 5min.

I've heard some riders complaining that it's difficult to get an uber in the cbd - most likely as us drivers hate working the cbd. Let the newbies head in to the cbd I say.

Do you have any other stats you can share as the previous %'s are interesting.

Dissendat

I started driving in February. There was a hoard then too. And I have gotten more surge jobs lately than I ever have. My trip history and rating drop prove it.

Uber_Eastie

I concur that the work is there if you want it and are prepared to put in the hours.

Do new drivers have to get their DAC prior to being let onto the platform?

ubersleek

Does Uber check eligibility to work in Australia when onboarding non-citizens, 'cause going by comments I'm increasingly hearing from riders (both anglo and non-anglo!) they sure don't seem to care that the driver can or can't speak English?

Azzure

Does Uber check eligibility to work in Australia when onboarding non-citizens, 'cause going by comments I'm increasingly hearing from riders (both anglo and non-anglo!) they sure don't seem to care that the driver can or can't speak English?
Yeah I'm hearing the same at least 50% of my riders each day say it's great to have a driver that can speak English and is white. So wrong but these comments have been increasing lately.

Mizan

'Can speak English and white'

Get out of my f ... Car get cab dude

You want go from point A to B, want to save money, clean car, water, mint, aux cable, now want a white dude, seriously get a cab

Ask Uber for 'UberWhite' where driver dude will be 'white'

Last edited:

Dissendat

Yeah I'm hearing the same at least 50% of my riders each day say it's great to have a driver that can speak English and is white. So wrong but these comments have been increasing lately.
The ability to speak English is crucial. But the race or nationality isn't.

I hate it when they say I am the first white person they have had...

Tom2828

The ability to speak English is crucial. But the race or nationality isn't.

I hate it when they say I am the first white person they have had...
I used uber in Bangkok, the drivers hardly speak Englishand all of tgem got 5 starts from me.

Rider should put the destination and chatting with the driver is only a bonus

joffie

I would suspect most drop out and new drivers come.

Sadly most drivers don't know of this board. They are the same ones driving around 2AM without a surge on a Saturday night.

I got 3 surge jobs today. Tomorrow I will get hopefully more. I know my area, and the timing of surges. Lots log on pre surge and get taken out of the area whilst I appear when the surge goes higher.

You win some you lose some.

matPORTS

Plenty of demand and surge still available. If you know your area and are strategic about the days/times you work, you wont have a problem.

fields

Surely those who cant speak English will get bad ratings and be deactivated in no time.

Dissendat

I used uber in Bangkok, the drivers hardly speak Englishand all of tgem got 5 starts from me.

Rider should put the destination and chatting with the driver is only a bonus
I meant in Australia.

In Bangkok I would expect the driver to speak fluent Thai, or in any country I would expect the driver to speak the official and/or native tongue.