• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Major Hacker on Uber Eats Has Crippled Us

NiceCuppa

Hey,

I've been meaning to sign up and post this issue for a while now but out of all the furious anger and long hours I do it hasn't been possible.

I quit my main job around six months ago to focus on UberEats full time. My previous job/s were very abusive and I found solace with UberEats as I was averaging around £9-£10/hr after my expenses if I worked a full 10 hours and I was more then happy with that. At the end of each day I would take home money for my rent, bills, food and expenses and still have some change left over to save up.

Around two months ago an odd occurrence appeared and that was that all of the jobs in the area suddenly, in one swoop, dried up! There was no influx of new drivers, as all of the local ones are regulars, there was no dip in shop orders, as the orders kept coming, HOWEVER we where simply NOT receiving them!

At one point I was online for 6 straight hours and had only picked up one single job. This was unheard of. Due to all the idling all the regular drivers had more then enough time to stop and have long extended chats (for hours on end.)

Eventually one of the riders said that he keeps spotting one driver, who appeared a month or so ago constantly picking up jobs one after the other without fail. Then other riders chimed in and said they also spotted that SAME driver and couldn't understand why this was happening, thinking it was the app that was faulty.

Now, we have all seen people being sneaky with two phones using two separate accounts and none of us really cared as we were still taking home a very reasonable sum of money. We have also seen the odd GPS hacker but they tend to get banned very quickly so no harm done there either. However this is a whole other story, it has become so unbearable that many of the regular riders have quit after years of working the platform as they couldn't make rent at the end of the month.

As a final ditch attempt to remedy this, we began observing this thieving cheating ba***rd as he would come and go NON STOP collecting over 5 deliveries and hour. Before we can even flinch he had returned to collect the next order, it was unbelievable. At this point all of us had reported him to Uber with pictures of his plates and they did NOTHING! We received a copy and paste email in response.

Over a month of this abuse I averaged £215 in one week with 70 hours of online activity! (YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY!) Finally after two months we couldn't take it anymore and decided to confront him face to face. I took one glance at his phone and saw he had made £178 for the days earnings and it was only 6PM!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!? I almost lost my mind!

After realising he had no escape from the situation he finds himself in, he admitted his game and quickly offered us the blocking and hacking tools he is using for a whopping £1000 cash! GGRGHH!!! He admitted to using some kind of script that blocks us from receiving jobs and then using GPS hacking smartly to always jump the queue and be first in line when the orders arrive! WHAT?!

Like that wasn't bad enough, he said he runs a crew in different areas with the same script/software setup, and then tried to without any shame recruit us to work for him for a 20% cut! I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! He then said there is no point in reporting him to Uber as he has been doing this for years, laughed in our faces, and carried on!

At first I thought he was using data blocking in the area but this can not be possible as we are all using our phones for YouTube etc. So we complained to Uber, they did nothing. We complained to the stores managers, they did nothing. I am absolutely flabbergasted that nothing has been done about this after COUNTLESS emails and reports he is still on the road!

Guys, what exactly is it we can do? All the help we can get is appreciated. Uber seems to not care AT ALL, we seemed to have hit a brick wall head on with this. This has become absolutely CRITICAL. I know for a fact I will struggle to cover this months expenses, this is without a doubt.

sorry for the rant. I'm just exhausted mentally and physically. I hope you guys understand.

pcpackrat

Wow. If that's true, I suppose Uber would eventually do something. That's scary to hear. If I was to do delivery for my primary income I would definitely be on multiple platforms.

GruveRecords

I have mentioned in here and on reddit before that drivers do this in Miami and guys didn't believe me. It's been going on for over a year. Read the Miami forum.
They do it at the airports to jump queue. Although I think they banned a lot of the accounts, it is simple to create new accounts. There was a user named Don who posted about it all over these forums before he was banned here.

I honestly don't understand why someone would do this with Eats when you could be making more with Uber.

At the end of the day, Uber is using Open Source Software. And, hackers will always find an exploit around anything.

downeybrook

Hey,

I've been meaning to sign up and post this issue for a while now but out of all the furious anger and long hours I do it hasn't been possible.

I quit my main job around six months ago to focus on UberEats full time. My previous job/s were very abusive and I found solace with UberEats as I was averaging around £9-£10/hr after my expenses if I worked a full 10 hours and I was more then happy with that. At the end of each day I would take home money for my rent, bills, food and expenses and still have some change left over to save up.

Around two months ago an odd occurrence appeared and that was that all of the jobs in the area suddenly, in one swoop, dried up! There was no influx of new drivers, as all of the local ones are regulars, there was no dip in shop orders, as the orders kept coming, HOWEVER we where simply NOT receiving them!

At one point I was online for 6 straight hours and had only picked up one single job. This was unheard of. Due to all the idling all the regular drivers had more then enough time to stop and have long extended chats (for hours on end.)

Eventually one of the riders said that he keeps spotting one driver, who appeared a month or so ago constantly picking up jobs one after the other without fail. Then other riders chimed in and said they also spotted that SAME driver and couldn't understand why this was happening, thinking it was the app that was faulty.

Now, we have all seen people being sneaky with two phones using two separate accounts and none of us really cared as we were still taking home a very reasonable sum of money. We have also seen the odd GPS hacker but they tend to get banned very quickly so no harm done there either. However this is a whole other story, it has become so unbearable that many of the regular riders have quit after years of working the platform as they couldn't make rent at the end of the month.

As a final ditch attempt to remedy this, we began observing this thieving cheating ba***rd as he would come and go NON STOP collecting over 5 deliveries and hour. Before we can even flinch he had returned to collect the next order, it was unbelievable. At this point all of us had reported him to Uber with pictures of his plates and they did NOTHING! We received a copy and paste email in response.

Over a month of this abuse I averaged £215 in one week with 70 hours of online activity! (YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY!) Finally after two months we couldn't take it anymore and decided to confront him face to face. I took one glance at his phone and saw he had made £178 for the days earnings and it was only 6PM!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!? I almost lost my mind!

After realising he had no escape from the situation he finds himself in, he admitted his game and quickly offered us the blocking and hacking tools he is using for a whopping £1000 cash! GGRGHH!!! He admitted to using some kind of script that blocks us from receiving jobs and then using GPS hacking smartly to always jump the queue and be first in line when the orders arrive! WHAT?!

Like that wasn't bad enough, he said he runs a crew in different areas with the same script/software setup, and then tried to without any shame recruit us to work for him for a 20% cut! I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP! He then said there is no point in reporting him to Uber as he has been doing this for years, laughed in our faces, and carried on!

At first I thought he was using data blocking in the area but this can not be possible as we are all using our phones for YouTube etc. So we complained to Uber, they did nothing. We complained to the stores managers, they did nothing. I am absolutely flabbergasted that nothing has been done about this after COUNTLESS emails and reports he is still on the road!

Guys, what exactly is it we can do? All the help we can get is appreciated. Uber seems to not care AT ALL, we seemed to have hit a brick wall head on with this. This has become absolutely CRITICAL. I know for a fact I will struggle to cover this months expenses, this is without a doubt.

sorry for the rant. I'm just exhausted mentally and physically. I hope you guys understand.
i wanna cuppa

NiceCuppa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i wanna cuppa
Two sugers?

On a serious note I live in the UK for all that missed it, so not sure on the tricks people are using in the states. Also in the current economical state of London this was pretty good before this guy appeared.

However GPS spoofing is a amature night compared to what this guy is doing. He said his using script blocking he mentioned something about IP's but I didn't listen long enough to care.

He is clearly on a next level thing. GPS spoofing simply puts you in a location but not at the front of the queue. He is doing something else to block us from getting jobs PERIOD!

I'm lost, seriously lost.

NiceCuppa

Sorry if this sounds messed up but this is the truth today for example I've been online 11 hours and I've made only £45 it's pathetic.

uberdriverfornow

While it's possible to use the GPS hack to get in the airport queue, to think someone can hack Uber to get more deliveries is some major bs.

No details at all in the OP's story. No idea who the "we" is. No idea who the "he" is.

I'm callin' bs.

NiceCuppa

While it's possible to use the GPS hack to get in the airport queue, to think someone can hack Uber to get more deliveries is some major bs.

No details at all in the OP's story. No idea who the "we" is. No idea who the "he" is.

I'm callin' bs.
Thats a little uncalled for.

"We" are the regular drivers of around 10 who eventually got to know each other after almost two months of idling. I mean, what else is there to do? I work in outer London so there are only a limited amount of restaurants that do Uber here. The handful that are on Uber are situated on or around the corner of a small High Street. We always used to see each other daily but only for a few minutes whilst waiting to collect orders.

"He" is a random driver that doesn't live in the area, suddenly appeared with super f'ing powers to be able to grab all the jobs from under our noses. I used to work from 10 in the morning and continue until I met my target which would usually be between 9-10 hours.

Let me put it in prospective. There is a pinpoint location for at least two restaurants, they are within meters of each other and are regularly busy. So after the sudden loss of jobs we started loitering around this pinpoint. This guy appears for a second, grabs food thats already prepped and disappears. Then reappears 10 minutes later to collect another, then another, and so forth. Whilst we sit there watching!

GPS hacking will only put you into the queue but it wont allow you to JUMP the queue which this guy is miraculously doing! Otherwise it simply is NOT possible to take 4-5 jobs an hour whilst 10 other drivers stand-by. SO HOW THE HELL IS HE JACKING ALL OF THE JOBS IF WE ARE AT THE SAME PINPOINT?! This is the million dollar question!

BTW, when we reported to uber collectively we all got the same copy and paste reply back. "we take this very seriously blah blah"

OneRideOneVomit

I believe this. It's not the first time I've heard of this either. I would be very upset as well. Luckily I haven't had to deal with it in my area but I went to an ubereats meeting at my hub once and apparently it has been reported in Chicago too. I drive in the suburbs and my two areas I work are reliable for lots of pings so I'm thankful for that.

observer

Thats a little uncalled for.

"We" are the regular drivers of around 10 who eventually got to know each other after almost two months of idling. I mean, what else is there to do? I work in outer London so there are only a limited amount of restaurants that do Uber here. The handful that are on Uber are situated on or around the corner of a small High Street. We always used to see each other daily but only for a few minutes whilst waiting to collect orders.

"He" is a random driver that doesn't live in the area, suddenly appeared with super f'ing powers to be able to grab all the jobs from under our noses. I used to work from 10 in the morning and continue until I met my target which would usually be between 9-10 hours.

Let me put it in prospective. There is a pinpoint location for at least two restaurants, they are within meters of each other and are regularly busy. So after the sudden loss of jobs we started loitering around this pinpoint. This guy appears for a second, grabs food thats already prepped and disappears. Then reappears 10 minutes later to collect another, then another, and so forth. Whilst we sit there watching!

GPS hacking will only put you into the queue but it wont allow you to JUMP the queue which this guy is miraculously doing! Otherwise it simply is NOT possible to take 4-5 jobs an hour whilst 10 other drivers stand-by. SO HOW THE HELL IS HE JACKING ALL OF THE JOBS IF WE ARE AT THE SAME PINPOINT?! This is the million dollar question!

BTW, when we reported to uber collectively we all got the same copy and paste reply back. "we take this very seriously blah blah"
You are getting copy and paste responses because the CSRs don't care.

Uber itself should care because doing this SLooooows down delivery times to customers and potentially increases complaints of cold, late food.

Is there an Uber office you can walk in and show them your evidence?

Nats121

What is amazing is that someone talented enough to hack software is having to deliver Ubereats.
The driver wouldn't need any talent if he bought the hacked device.

I won't say the OP's story is impossible, but I'm doubtful it's true.

LondonLuke

O.P, is the person doing this Brazilian by any chance?

Exactly the same thing is happening in my area (Outer South London) and I even started a thread about this last year.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/drivers-are-blocking-other-drivers-from-receiving-orders.206033/

Long story short. There could be 10 drivers sitting outside a very popular McDonald's Restaurant and the same driver(s) will receive every order, one after the other whist the rest of us are twiddle our thumbs. Many times I’ve been able to check the McDonald's tablet and see multiple orders requesting for a driver and not a single one of the "honest drivers" waiting in the car park will receive the ping. When it gets super busy they’ll turn what ever the @@@@ they're using off as to not alert suspicion.

It’s not fake GPS, it’s not multiple accounts, and it's not jamming. I’m 99% positive that they’ve found a way to change driver priority selection in the software.

It's so blatantly obvious what they're doing, everything reverts back to normal the second all these cheating bastards go home.

What is amazing is that someone talented enough to hack software is having to deliver Ubereats.
The person who is talented enough to hack the software is most likely selling an order priority service to drivers and taking a cut of their profits.

Could you imagine how much money one could make having a couple hundred drivers paying you a % of their weekly wage.

Last edited:

johnx

There could be 10 drivers sitting outside a very popular McDonald's Restaurant and the same driver(s) will receive every order, one after the other whist the rest of us are twiddle our thumbs. Many times I’ve been able to check the McDonald's tablet and see multiple orders requesting for a driver and not a single one of the "honest drivers" waiting in the car park will receive the ping. When it gets super busy they’ll turn what ever the &%$@!* they're using off as to not alert suspicion.

It’s not fake GPS, it’s not multiple accounts, and it's not jamming. I’m 99% positive that they’ve found a way to change driver priority selection in the software.

It's so blatantly obvious what they're doing, everything reverts back to normal the second all these cheating bastards go home.

The person who is talented enough to hack the software is most likely selling an order priority service to drivers and taking a cut of their profits.

Could you imagine how much money one could make having a couple hundred drivers paying you a % of their weekly wage.
Probably has a partner inside Ubereats that adjusts the program live to always go to that driver. I think they can do that to test things. That's the problem with so many low paid hirelings to run the show, they eat a company from the inside out. What I believe would be a good idea is to complain to a district manager that one of its employees is directing business to a specific delivery person and that if they don't find the culprit, there will be a class action lawsuit