• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Magnitude-5.3 earthquake rattles Los Angeles, southern California

Pawtism

Whole lotta shakin goin on...

A magnitude-5.3 earthquake rattled southern California on Thursday, shaking buildings in the Los Angeles area.

The quake was centered in the Pacific Ocean, some 35 miles southeast of Channel Islands Beach, Calif., the U.S. Geological Survey said.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/04/05/magnitude-5-3-earthquake-rattles-los-angeles-southern-california/490771002/

Pawtism

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well that's good then, I saw it said it shook some buildings, but then no damage, so I was hoping it was minor. :smiles: Glad to hear all is well.

corniilius

Yeah if it's out in the ocean and depending on how deep into the earth it's epicenter is, you would hardly feel it on land. if its a big one originating on the ocean floor, however, it could trigger a tsunami.

SEAL Team 5

Updated News:

After careful analysis of the aforementioned 5.3 magnitude earthquake in Southern California, Cal Tech revealed that it was only the aftershock of the Diamondbacks sweeping the Dodgers.

GO D-BACKS!!!

corniilius

Updated News:

After careful analysis of the aforementioned 5.3 magnitude earthquake in Southern California, Cal Tech revealed that it was only the aftershock of the Diamondbacks sweeping the Dodgers.

GO D-BACKS!!!
LMAO! Being an Angel fan, I love this.

IF GAME 7 IS AT HOME, YOU WIN.

SEAL Team 5

LMAO! Being an Angel fan, I love this.

IF GAME 7 IS AT HOME, YOU WIN.
Then you'll love this. I know that Jarrod doesn't pitch for you guys anymore, but I drive the Weaver brothers when they're in town for Spring Training. Both Jeff and Jarrod are awesome. Jeff, who is retired now was St Louis' game 5 winner of their last World Series, and is one of the most laid back professional athletes that I've ever met. Believe it or not your Angels have a great following during Spring Training out here in the desert. Good luck this year.

corniilius

Then you'll love this. I know that Jarrod doesn't pitch for you guys anymore, but I drive the Weaver brothers when they're in town for Spring Training. Both Jeff and Jarrod are awesome. Jeff, who is retired now was St Louis' game 5 winner of their last World Series, and is one of the most laid back professional athletes that I've ever met. Believe it or not your Angels have a great following during Spring Training out here in the desert. Good luck this year.
Thanks. That is awesome to hear. Some people just exude class. Happy to hear they are still grounded. Jared played for the CSULB Dirtbags prior to going pro. Been following him for a while.

Adieu

Whole lotta shakin goin on...

A magnitude-5.3 earthquake rattled southern California on Thursday, shaking buildings in the Los Angeles area.

The quake was centered in the Pacific Ocean, some 35 miles southeast of Channel Islands Beach, Calif., the U.S. Geological Survey said.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/04/05/magnitude-5-3-earthquake-rattles-los-angeles-southern-california/490771002/

Really???

NEWS TO US HERE IN SOCAL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Uber7654 Los Angeles & Orange County 12
M Seattle 26
Z129 Anchorage 0