• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

MAGIC

NO DEAL

I drove mon and didn't see any. Supposedly 85k people are here for it but it hasn't produced any surges from my knowledge.

Jvega

How would it surge when there are more than 3000 drivers between the strip and the airport?

PrestonT

How would it surge when there are more than 3000 drivers between the strip and the airport?
This. I did see sporadic light surges in neighborhoods I won't pick up in last night.

Edit: Matter of fact the West Side is surge right now :biggrin:

vegasman18

I won't even waste my time anymore picking up these small surges at the convention centers that are almost all small rides and you sit in traffic a half hour! Let the newbie suckers have it and I will be longer rides at the airport or in town!

Jvega

I won't even waste my time anymore picking up these small surges at the convention centers that are almost all small rides and you sit in traffic a half hour! Let the newbie suckers have it and I will be longer rides at the airport or in town!
It's not even worth it my friend

llort

I received what I consider to be an inappropriate PM from SibeRescueBrian on April 8, 2017.
Because of that PM, this comment is currently under edit.
The owner of uberpeople.net should be aware of this over-reach from SibeRescueBrian,
as this edit of my content contribution is the direct result of the PM I recieved.
Check back soon for edit updates while this content is updated.

Last edited:

VegasRickster

Morning gents home for the break take the kid to school great morning caught a 2.3 and 3.1 surge around 5:00 this morning map was a cherry 2 XL rides also had to 2 lyft rides $72 with uber $16 with lyft and $4 cash tips for the early 3 hour 15 minute run.....gl all have a great day

Attachments

LVC

But doesn't the flood of Onlines instantly extinguish the surge?
That's exactly what happens. When I first read about this strategy of turning the app off to create a surge I questioned it.

Once the drivers start turning their apps on the supply meets the demand and the surge goes away.

Also, I've had a lot of passengers tell how they wait out the surge until it goes away before requesting a ride.

I use Uber and Lyft as a passenger too, I do the same thing, wait until the surge is gone. Another thing passengers do, and I do it too, is check both Uber and Lyft. I've seen many times when Uber is surging and Lyft isn't.

Sure there will be those rare occasions where both Uber and Lyft are surging and it stays that way for a long time and a diver can get a ping with a surge.

I just don't think it's worth the time wasted playing the app off - app on game hoping to create a surge and trying to catch one if one is created with the app off - app on strategy.

You're a wise driver. I got caught up in the CES madness the first day, never again. It started off great, I dropped off pax around Basic high school in Henderson, got a ping at Lake Las Vegas, pax was going to LVCC for CES. Nice long haul, then the nightmare started after I dropped him off.

Got a ping at the Cosmopolitan, pax going to Venetian, not too bad for traffic getting there, but getting out of there after the drop off was a killer. Took me 35 minutes to go from the Venetian around the block to Sands and Koval. I went offline at that time as I didn't want to get a ping in that mess.

Now I'm heading east and around Flamingo & Maryland Pkwy I go back online. Immediately got a ping at the Target store on the N/W corner. Lady comes out with a basket full of bags of stuff she bought at Target. I thought to myself, good just a local going home after shopping.

I help her load 8 bags of Target goodies in my trunk, get back in the car, start ride...Ugh!!! She's going to the Venetian. So I navigate all that traffic again to get her to the Venetian. Once there I have to wait to wave down a bellman because she is alone and can't carry all the bags.

When it was all over, those two rides combined took 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete and I grossed a whopping $8.00, about $4.00 for each ride. Not worth the time, I didn't get any surge either.

NEVER AGAIN!!! When I see conventions and surges around the Strip I avoid it like the plague.