Mafia boss: “Don’t ask questions, just drive.”

MondayMan

Just wondering if I was a mobster,gangster,mafioso etc
I would of just called one of the crew to come & get me or get a cab & remain anonymous
Why would I share my details with rideshare where my whereabouts can be tracked
It was a short ride from a well-known restaurant to a well-known hotel, two places where they wouldn’t go if they were trying to lay low. And it’s not hard to find out that they eat at that restaurant every Thursday night. Seems to me like they are comfortable enough with their routine that they don’t care, at least not on Thursdays. Why not get one of their guys to drive them? I don’t know, but they took Uber. Maybe the second guy in the car was the driver and he also had too much to drink? Don’t ask questions! Lol.

yogi bear

i had minor gangster in me cab once back in the 90's, spoke the italian (our italian mafia are all calabrian here) , came from a known gangster nightclub (sportsbar on king street, near flinders in melbourne) and started getting all standovery that i should turn the meter off at $15 as we had hit a roadworks detour, and this was somehow my fault, forgot how the money turned out at the end . was underpaid, and i remember feeling a bit hard done by about this, it was a sidestreet in coburg where i dropped them, at least one of them was getting into the car parked across the street to drive the rest of the way home, anyhow so as the 2nd one, the one that had been more of a prick, got both feet on the ground outside the car, but before he had entirely got the rest of himself out, I took off, spinning the wheels a bit.

needless to say this pissed him off more than a bit, they made it to that car in quick step and came after me.. chased me down Bell street for a fair way

I lost em in the end.. (better driver obviously)

that's not the only minor gangsters I've had, but most of the others were more than fine, no probs at all, mostly they even tipped.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Names have been changed in this story so I don’t disappear.

I’ll start with some background information. When I first moved to New Jersey, it wasn’t long before a guy who called himself Paul from Brooklyn stopped me in the parking lot of my workplace to welcome me to the area and to tell me who I should meet. He told me several names of people who owned businesses in the area. He said, “When the lights go out, these are the guys with the generators.” (Later I googled some of the names and found several old New York Times articles about their suspected involvement in mob hits, bribing judges, etc.) Then finally he told me the name of an Italian restaurant where the higher-ups meet for dinner every Thursday night. Which takes us to last night, a Thursday.

I don’t usually drive in the evening, but Uber suckered me into it with a quest. If I gave four more rides for the week I’d get a $35 bonus, and that seemed (meh) ok, so out I went after my kids’ bedtime.

After three rides, my fourth and final ping of the night came from “Frankie” at the Italian restaurant that Paul from Brooklyn told me about. I pulled up and saw two men and a woman at the corner. I stopped right behind a Rolls Royce, unlocked my doors, and confirmed the name. One of the men tried to get in the front seat, but I asked him to ride in the back because of the covid regulations. They weren’t excited about cramming three-wide into the back seat of my compact car, but they said they were only going three blocks so they’d do it.

Me (joking): “Is that your Rolls Royce?”

Frankie: “Yeah, I just had a few too many so I’m gonna leave it here for the night.”

Other guy: “Wanna race?”

Me: “Ha ha. Do you guys live around here?”

Frankie: “Don’t ask questions, just drive.”

Me: “Ha ha, ok.”

Me: “How is that restaurant? Sorry, I know that’s another question.”

Frankie: silence

Me, dropping them off: “Ok, nice meeting you guys. Sorry again for the close quarters in the back seat. Have a good night.”

No tip. But I got my $35 quest bonus and went home, and I don’t think I was followed.

I can’t get the Godfather theme song out of my head this morning.
Yes, no tips from somone whose job description involves extortion. Money that someone didn't have to earn. LOL.

MondayMan

You wouldn’t. And you wouldn’t stop total strangers in a parking lot to tell them “who they should know” either.
You are delightful! But it happened, and it was all accurate information. I later learned why I was targeted for recruitment, but that’s more than I want to share on UP.

gsx328

You are delightful! But it happened, and it was all accurate information. I later learned why I was targeted for recruitment, but that’s more than I want to share on UP.
I'd be afraid these top level mafiosi were reading posts on a rideshare forum too

RobLinn

Those are always fun

mine is 3:30am in Hidalgo Texas

shady dead end street next to the Rio Grande river

Pax comes up “Pop the trunk”

im like “you got it”

4 black shrink wrapped packages go into my trunk

2 Pax get in the back

i start ride “Ok, we’re going to Harlingen“ (50 mile ride)

away we go

drop off & got a C note tip

love those Cartel runs 😉

tohunt4me

Names have been changed in this story so I don’t disappear.

I’ll start with some background information. When I first moved to New Jersey, it wasn’t long before a guy who called himself Paul from Brooklyn stopped me in the parking lot of my workplace to welcome me to the area and to tell me who I should meet. He told me several names of people who owned businesses in the area. He said, “When the lights go out, these are the guys with the generators.” (Later I googled some of the names and found several old New York Times articles about their suspected involvement in mob hits, bribing judges, etc.) Then finally he told me the name of an Italian restaurant where the higher-ups meet for dinner every Thursday night. Which takes us to last night, a Thursday.

I don’t usually drive in the evening, but Uber suckered me into it with a quest. If I gave four more rides for the week I’d get a $35 bonus, and that seemed (meh) ok, so out I went after my kids’ bedtime.

After three rides, my fourth and final ping of the night came from “Frankie” at the Italian restaurant that Paul from Brooklyn told me about. I pulled up and saw two men and a woman at the corner. I stopped right behind a Rolls Royce, unlocked my doors, and confirmed the name. One of the men tried to get in the front seat, but I asked him to ride in the back because of the covid regulations. They weren’t excited about cramming three-wide into the back seat of my compact car, but they said they were only going three blocks so they’d do it.

Me (joking): “Is that your Rolls Royce?”

Frankie: “Yeah, I just had a few too many so I’m gonna leave it here for the night.”

Other guy: “Wanna race?”

Me: “Ha ha. Do you guys live around here?”

Frankie: “Don’t ask questions, just drive.”

Me: “Ha ha, ok.”

Me: “How is that restaurant? Sorry, I know that’s another question.”

Frankie: silence

Me, dropping them off: “Ok, nice meeting you guys. Sorry again for the close quarters in the back seat. Have a good night.”

No tip. But I got my $35 quest bonus and went home, and I don’t think I was followed.

I can’t get the Godfather theme song out of my head this morning.
Tonight
You Sleep with the Fish !
Screenshot_2020-09-01-02-21-43.png