Madison vs Milwaukee rates

Sconnie

Hello Milwaukee comrades,

I’m curious about the rates you receive. Here in Madison we get $0.87 per mile $0.15 per minute on UberX. These are the same rates I get when I’ve taken pings in your fine metropolis. I’ve heard a rumor that the rates you guys receive are in fact slightly higher, and when you folks come to Madison you still receive your slightly higher MKE rates.

I use to think this was just a rumor but when Lyft rolled out the pay to pickup scam in both our markets the new mileage rate was $0.435 in Madison and $0.465 in Milwaukee. When I’m in Milwaukee I’ve also noticed only the Madison quests and promos are visible to me in the driver app. I’ve always gotten a different mileage rate when I’ve done rides in the Dells or Janesville so this seems strange to me.

Cubs44

rates are the same on Uber, but I am guessing there are more ride requests in Milwaukee area. But all you need is 1 airport ride from Madison to Milwaukee, or Ohare, and that should make your day. I'm sure there will be plenty of rides to airports, with Thanksgiving, and winter breaks coming up.

Alyahu

For Lyft Too many drivers in Milwaukee not enough demand. I recently moved from out there lots of competition with the rentals anyone can drive whether having a car or not. Madison is more steady market. Also your rate is dependent on where you’re driving not the market in your account. I’m still in Milwaukee region on account driving Madison with Milwaukee rental. I have heard Uber is more busy in Milwaukee however.

Cubs44

So, let me understand, you live in Milwaukee, and drive to Madison to work? There are alot of drivers in Milwaukee area, but there is also heavy demand in Milwaukee area. I do this part time, and very easy to make my weekly goal of $675/week in Milwaukee area. if I ever get a ride to Madison then I would ride there, and see how that market is, but I would not drive all the way out there, unless i had a ride that paid me to go out there. preferably Uber, not Lyft.

Alyahu

I live in Madison now moved from Milwaukee but my region on my account is still Milwaukee. Drove in Milwaukee for almost a year before I moved back to Madison. Been back here since August and it’s been more steady than when in Milwaukee the last few months before I left. The summer was really hard for me in Milwaukee. But that’s for Lyft not sure for Uber. However the rates in Milwaukee are higher by over 10 cents and since the pay cut im not sure if things have changed for Milwaukee. Thinking about driving out there to see as I have take the rental there for inspection.

Cubs44

The rates they pay in Milwaukee hurt, i make about 20-30% less with the new pay rates. they do give me a little bonus at 26 rides, and 36 rides, but then i usually shut off my app after reaching these goals. on New Years eve Lyft was giving ride bonuses between 0100-230 am. some of these bonuses were over $30/ per ride, which was pretty sweet.

Invisible

The rates they pay in Milwaukee hurt, i make about 20-30% less with the new pay rates. they do give me a little bonus at 26 rides, and 36 rides, but then i usually shut off my app after reaching these goals. on New Years eve Lyft was giving ride bonuses between 0100-230 am. some of these bonuses were over $30/ per ride, which was pretty sweet.
I did Lyft NYE and I I didn’t get any $30 bonuses, so good for you. And I was driving that time. I hadn’t done Lyft in probably 5-6 mo’s before NYE, so maybe that’s why
Post automatically merged:

I live in Madison now moved from Milwaukee but my region on my account is still Milwaukee. Drove in Milwaukee for almost a year before I moved back to Madison. Been back here since August and it’s been more steady than when in Milwaukee the last few months before I left. The summer was really hard for me in Milwaukee. But that’s for Lyft not sure for Uber. However the rates in Milwaukee are higher by over 10 cents and since the pay cut im not sure if things have changed for Milwaukee. Thinking about driving out there to see as I have take the rental there for inspection.
Mke is over-saturated and for regular Lyft X, it pays what Madison does. The reason I stopped doing Lyft, so many months ago, is because Uber is much busier here than Lyft. And yes, Lyft is absolutely crap pay now! And I don’t do rental.

Rather than Milwaukee, have you tried going to FDL or Oshkosh area? I once stopped at the rest stop while I was en route to FDL. Talked to a driver and his wife who’re from Mke. They said Oshkosh doesn’t have many Lyft drivers, so they were heading there. There’s all the UW-Oshkosh students who need rides.

I’ve done some pickups in the Fox Valley area, and not as many scary pax as Mke. Dells area would probably be better in summer than Mke, except during the fair and Summerfest.

Last edited:

Alyahu

I did Lyft NYE and I I didn’t get any $30 bonuses, so good for you. And I was driving that time. I hadn’t done Lyft in probably 5-6 mo’s before NYE, so maybe that’s why

Mke is over-saturated and for regular Lyft X, it pays what Madison does. The reason I stopped doing Lyft, so many months ago, is because Uber is much busier here than Lyft. And yes, Lyft is absolutely crap pay now! And I don’t do rental.

Rather than Milwaukee, have you tried going to FDL or Oshkosh area? I once stopped at the rest stop while I was en route to FDL. Talked to a driver and his wife who’re from Mke. They said Oshkosh doesn’t have many Lyft drivers, so they were heading there. There’s all the UW-Oshkosh students who need rides.

I’ve done some pickups in the Fox Valley area, and not as many scary pax as Mke. Dells area would probably be better in summer than Mke, except during the fair and Summerfest.
I haven’t tried those areas yet. Madison was steady enough for me until it slowed down recently. I suspect it’ll pick back up though. I’ll keep that in mind thanks!

I received the bonuses too it helped a lot. It was a Very busy night here in Madison.

Invisible

I haven’t tried those areas yet. Madison was steady enough for me until it slowed down recently. I suspect it’ll pick back up though. I’ll keep that in mind thanks!

I received the bonuses too it helped a lot. It was a Very busy night here in Madison.
Glad you got the bonus, too. Mine were quite pathetic compared to you two However, it also could’ve been the area I was in I don’t want to advertise it here though.

If you do try Fox Valley, FDL is less busy than Oshkosh but that’was Uber I drove in that area for. What I liked about that area was the trips weren’t super short, like here where people can’t walk a half mile or less.

B619AE41-B601-4070-AE44-A8E930E42B54.jpeg

Sconnie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Madison is also over saturated with drivers. While it’s not quite as bad as Milwaukee we’re not that far behind. Madison slows down considerably when the UW students are gone as they are now. Yes last night would’ve been busy with people needing rides home from various Rose Bowl parties. Downtown lit up like a Christmas tree on Uber after the game ended but that isn’t going to be the norm when the students are on break.

For Lyft Too many drivers in Milwaukee not enough demand. I recently moved from out there lots of competition with the rentals anyone can drive whether having a car or not. Madison is more steady market. Also your rate is dependent on where you’re driving not the market in your account. I’m still in Milwaukee region on account driving Madison with Milwaukee rental. I have heard Uber is more busy in Milwaukee however.
This is not the case with Uber as it relates to the Madison and Milwaukee rates. When I’ve done rides in Milwaukee I receive my same Madison rates even though the official Milwaukee rate is higher. If you do drive Uber in Madison but your account is in Milwaukee I would suggest keeping it that way as I’ve heard MKE drivers still receive their Milwaukee rates here.

Alyahu

Glad you got the bonus, too. Mine were quite pathetic compared to you two However, it also could’ve been the area I was in I don’t want to advertise it here though.

If you do try Fox Valley, FDL is less busy than Oshkosh but that’was Uber I drove in that area for. What I liked about that area was the trips weren’t super short, like here where people can’t walk a half mile or less.

View attachment 396459
thanks for the heads up. Actually that’s what I like about madison. The trips are usually longer unless it’s college students. The shorter trips in Milwaukee are nice for the bonuses though.

Madison is also over saturated with drivers. While it’s not quite as bad as Milwaukee we’re not that far behind. Madison slows down considerably when the UW students are gone as they are now. Yes last night would’ve been busy with people needing rides home from various Rose Bowl parties. Downtown lit up like a Christmas tree on Uber after the game ended but that isn’t going to be the norm when the students are on break.

This is not the case with Uber as it relates to the Madison and Milwaukee rates. When I’ve done rides in Milwaukee I receive my same Madison rates even though the official Milwaukee rate is higher. If you do drive Uber in Madison but your account is in Milwaukee I would suggest keeping it that way as I’ve heard MKE drivers still receive their Milwaukee rates here.
personally for Lyft during the summer I was getting back to back rides while students out. The good thing about Madison is we get a lot of business people and People flying in for work.That actually was majority of my rides during fall and summer I’m sure you experienced the Epic rushes. I think during winter not as many fly in for work purposes so I believe that contributes to the slow down as well.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter

Didn't @Invisible say she got different rates depending on where she drives in the state?

Invisible

Didn't @Invisible say she got different rates depending on where she drives in the state?
I don’t like posting rates because of lurkers. And you all are my competition. But since I don’t do Uber anymore, I will say the rates are higher for Uber in Brown Co and Outagamie Co., higher than Mke.

Again, this is Uber...A trip from GB to Appleton and vice versa paid like $52. I can’t recall if Winnebago Co was the same since it’s been longer since I did Oshkosh pickups. And I did more of the first two Co’s. Both of those cities have super tiny airports. I never did airport pickups, only drop offs.

I will say last few years before I did R/S, food gigs were incredibly slow in Jan. So I’d anticipate R/S being the same. With UW-Mke students out, that’s less riders and more drivers. Plus MU students. And then you add all the new drivers who just started.

Last edited:

Sconnie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. I also receive whatever the different market rate is when I’ve done rides in the Dells and Janesville. However, when I’ve done Milwaukee I get the exact same rates we get in Madison even though the rates are officially different. A rumor I’ve heard for a while is the MKE drivers also receive their same rates when the come here. Maybe it’s a glitch?

Invisible

Yes. I also receive whatever the different market rate is when I’ve done rides in the Dells and Janesville. However, when I’ve done Milwaukee I get the exact same rates we get in Madison even though the rates are officially different. A rumor I’ve heard for a while is the MKE drivers also receive their same rates when the come here. Maybe it’s a glitch?
I never was sent again to Madison, so I can’t tell you since I never did a Madison pickup.

However, maybe the rumors you heard were the driver picked up in Mke and dropped off in Mad. Then obviously they’d get the Mke rates.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Or Uber is just trying to encourage us to help start up those smaller markets by offering more money.

Invisible

Or Uber is just trying to encourage us to help start up those smaller markets by offering more money.
Good point. I asked the hub once why rates were different in various parts of he state. They said because of either less drivers and demand.

I NEVER was able to get a pickup in Madison after I dropped off for Uber, nor in Janesville for Lyft.

To me, Mke is the busiest. You just have to find the sweet spots, where all the drivers aren’t present.

And when I did other counties that had higher rates, the pings were less, excluding game day, so it all equaled out. I never purposely drove to a different area for pings. It’s because I was going to the areas to visit friends/family.