Madison market

JoeDirt

I retired from driving (after about a year) a few months ago because the market seemingly became flooded with drivers and demand dropped off. I still ride as a passenger here and there and had a driver tell me he was making $700/week working 40 hours. It was a Thursday night around 11 pm and he also said he was getting about one ride per hour that night (7pm-7am). Was he bullshitting me or is the Madison market making a turnaround? The most I ever made was around $300/week working 20 hour weeks. And this was during the school year, not summer. Is it actually worth it to start driving again?

Bill Collector

Was he a guy driving Hummer? For me the most I've ever made was $16/hr after expenses. Otherwise it has been a sub minimum wage gig for me for last couple of weeks.

madUber74

I had a pax the other day tell me one of his previous drivers in Madison told him he's making $1500/wk. Some drivers make up all kinds of dumb stories about how much they're making. Dummies don't realize every time they brag about how much cheddar they're making they're talking themselves right out of a tip. I wouldn't tip a driver either if he or she convinced me they were making 6 grand a month.

If you quit in April or May business is definitely slower now.

cannonball7

Was he a guy driving a white Hummer? For me the most I've ever made was $16/hr after expenses. Otherwise it has been a sub minimum wage gig for me for last couple of weeks.
upload_2016-6-28_11-6-15.png
upload_2016-6-28_11-6-34.png
upload_2016-6-28_11-6-45.png

That dude's new nickname is now Moby Dicck. And yes I have seen the white whale on the streets of Madison,
but my harpoon was not at the ready, ARGH.

Pecunia

Somebody whom I know makes stories about making 700-900 a week trying to get people interested in uber and then she promotes the referral code trying to get those 200

yojimboguy

Until the spring semester ended I was earning 500-600 a week driving 30-40 hours. With most of the students gone that's been cut about in half for the past month or so.