• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Made more money on a cancelled ride

mjefferson09

I'm a new driver. I started Thursday. How is it that the ride I had to cancel (the rider had me waiting outside longer than 20 mins) actually paid me more than the ride I drove over 15 miles in ? I'm confused. Can anyone enlighten me.

CTCharlie

Today, I received a Lyft call at 4:30 AM. I was up and decided to go out, maybe pickup some airport traffic.
I get to the location. All is dark. It was a 3 mile drive to Benbrook. I mark that I have arrived and turn on my flashers.
I wait, look around, see nothing going on and then call. He is at the QT, so I move.
I get there and find out he is a driver and he was not in driver mode. He had made a Lyft request.
I was upset (pi....d). I showed him what he did and then I cancelled the ride. He got hit with a cancellation fee.

nighthawk398

Today, I received a Lyft call at 4:30 AM. I was up and decided to go out, maybe pickup some airport traffic.
I get to the location. All is dark. It was a 3 mile drive to Benbrook. I mark that I have arrived and turn on my flashers.
I wait, look around, see nothing going on and then call. He is at the QT, so I move.
I get there and find out he is a driver and he was not in driver mode. He had made a Lyft request.
I was upset (pi....d). I showed him what he did and then I cancelled the ride. He got hit with a cancellation fee.
it seems too easy to switch from driver mode on lyft to request a ride, the only reason I have not done it by accident is I have no payment info in my Lyft app