• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Mad at Uber? Quit.

KMANDERSON

i completely agree but its 1:42 am and i am bored so..

LYFT .. :
people love lyft cause they have a tip option .. drivers LOVE lyft.

lyft has everything every driver WANTS except what they NEED .. riders lol

i wanna see someone argue against that :smiles:

there is no way in hell lyft competes with uber not in the DFW market

yo may get a few good rides where everything is sunshine and rainbows but skittles dont pay the bills..

ubers non stop pinging .. THAT pays the citibank bill
why do you say lyft does not have enough rides I seen your 700 dollars pay out you posted.You probably would have had over a thousand if you did lyft only that week

Last edited:

aaadock

why do you say lyft does not have enough rides I seen you 700 dollars pay out you posted.You probably would have had over a thousand if you did lyft only that week
i did lyft only for a week to see how it would be
pings are no where near as frequent as ubers.

can you survive ? yeah i think so .

but i made more the next week on uber working the same part time hours,. ( and still do )

i did like working it but i prefer uber.. there are simply MORE riders and in the end thats what counts

place two phones side by side.. turn on lyft turn on uber

dollars to donuts uber pings first .. hell TWICE before lyfts once.

i do like lyft but uber simply has more riders.

KMANDERSON

i did lyft only for a week to see how it would be
pings are no where near as frequent as ubers.

can you survive ? yeah i think so .

but i made more the next week on uber working the same part time hours,. ( and still do )

i did like working it but i prefer uber.. there are simply MORE riders and in the end thats what counts

place two phones side by side.. turn on lyft turn on uber

dollars to donuts uber pings first .. hell TWICE before lyfts once.

i do like lyft but uber simply has more riders.
I agree uber has more pings I do both at the same time and i take the first one.I been getting alot more lyft over the past month I think they are growing.Prime time is bad you have to be in uptown and it normally only a two mile radius.The only thing i can't stand about lyft is the 30 minutes passanger request I refuse to do that.

Last edited:

KeJorn

(1) What are your thoughts about helping Lyft to grab up customers during the Uber Strike?
Get the word out (any means necessary) about the strike, provide our Lyft codes, and have people sign up,. so that come Oct 16-18, they can use Lyft without the hassle of the Uber Strike nonsense.
Essentially create the pings.

(2) What are your thoughts of starting a DFW-based group that is focused on sharing information with drivers and finding ways to keep asswipes like Abe Husein and Randy Shears out of the picture?
The goal would be to create a following and provide useful information and take away some of the credibility of those 2 guys. Essentially we cultivate an audience, thereby creating a voice that can compete with those two and work with other existing forums, etc that do not have @@@@ed up agendas.

(3) aaadock, I hear what you say about making the most of the existing platform, basically find the unexploited niches and put them to use (I think your term was 'tit sucking').
However why not at the same time, see how far we can take things from the driver side:
(a) get the general public on board with our plight. Probably the hardest obstacle, because they love the cheap rides... but the public has a soft spot for hard workers who are getting stiffed by corporate types (typical blue collar workers etc)
(b) at the same time, why not see if the city is willing to mandate minimum fares, similar to what NYC did. Doesn't mean they have have the same requirements (TLC license/insurance, etc)...
(c) with both the public and city regulators on our side, we can force Uber's hand a lot easier, much like they do to new cities and new markets.

All 3 of these things can help support the other in different ways, while giving us different directions to bring about some change.

KMANDERSON

(1) What are your thoughts about helping Lyft to grab up customers during the Uber Strike?
Get the word out (any means necessary) about the strike, provide our Lyft codes, and have people sign up,. so that come Oct 16-18, they can use Lyft without the hassle of the Uber Strike nonsense.
Essentially create the pings.

(2) What are your thoughts of starting a DFW-based group that is focused on sharing information with drivers and finding ways to keep asswipes like Abe Husein and Randy Shears out of the picture?
The goal would be to create a following and provide useful information and take away some of the credibility of those 2 guys. Essentially we cultivate an audience, thereby creating a voice that can compete with those two and work with other existing forums, etc that do not have @@@@ed up agendas.

(3) aaadock, I hear what you say about making the most of the existing platform, basically find the unexploited niches and put them to use (I think your term was 'tit sucking').
However why not at the same time, see how far we can take things from the driver side:
(a) get the general public on board with our plight. Probably the hardest obstacle, because they love the cheap rides... but the public has a soft spot for hard workers who are getting stiffed by corporate types (typical blue collar workers etc)
(b) at the same time, why not see if the city is willing to mandate minimum fares, similar to what NYC did. Doesn't mean they have have the same requirements (TLC license/insurance, etc)...
(c) with both the public and city regulators on our side, we can force Uber's hand a lot easier, much like they do to new cities and new markets.

All 3 of these things can help support the other in different ways, while giving us different directions to bring about some change.
Come on uber man ok

KeJorn

Come on uber man ok
You like Uber Man?

I dunno.. I definitely cannot stand Abe. I felt it the first time I heard his video about suggesting dates for the strike.
And from what I am seeing and what others have confirmed (like aaadock), I simply want to make sure he stays far away from drivers.

As for Uber Man... just never really impressed with his 'information'...
I think it could be done far better and link up more directly with other forums and audiences to widen the reach. Urge drivers in other cities to duplicate those efforts if they don;t already have a system.. and thereby create the 'spokesperson' component of future strikes or just information sharing. Give drivers their own voice in each city. I'm not a journalist or from that industry, so the details are less clear. But I bet we could put something together,

KMANDERSON

You like Uber Man?

I dunno.. I definitely cannot stand Abe. I felt it the first time I heard his video about suggesting dates for the strike.
And from what I am seeing and what others have confirmed (like aaadock), I simply want to make sure he stays far away from drivers.

As for Uber Man... just never really impressed with his 'information'...
I think it could be done far better and link up more directly with other forums and audiences to widen the reach. Urge drivers in other cities to duplicate those efforts if they don;t already have a system.. and thereby create the 'spokesperson' component of future strikes or just information sharing. Give drivers their own voice in each city. I'm not a journalist or from that industry, so the details are less clear. But I bet we could put something together,
I don't know alot about abe.Got to wonder about his reason for wanting to strike since he no longer with the company what in it for him.Uber man got some good advice for new drivers that are starting

KMANDERSON

uber man and the rideshare guy and brian cole got good advice for people starting in rideshare.When you first start uber gives you a 2 minute video so it was nice to learn a few things from those guys

Last edited:

KeJorn

I don't know alot about abe.Got to wonder about his reason for wanting to strike since he no longer with the company what in it for him.Uber man got some good advice for new drivers that are starting
Well that's fair. Curious what others think of those 2. I know what aaadock thinks of Abe.. he made that abundantly clear.
From my perspective, it seems both have built up a following, but also turned a lot of people off in the process. that usually happens when there are character flaws that seep into their videos and target people.
They clearly have a distaste for each other... thus the reason to distance from them... though I actually understand the distaste for Abe Husein.
Would just want to keep it positive, not slinging crap, etc.

andaas

Abe is an attention/media/fame @@@@@. He's been trying to get press attention for his personal lawsuit, but the DFW driver strike happened and he capitalized on the opportunity and got the national strike ball rolling.

*Edit* I should add that the above is my opinion; just what I've pieced together in the past couple of weeks.

KeJorn

Abe is an attention/media/fame @@@@@. He's been trying to get press attention for his personal lawsuit, but the DFW driver strike happened and he capitalized on the opportunity and got the national strike ball rolling.
Yeah but he says "it's not about him" but then has issue with anyone taking the lead... esp the whole targeting non-participating drivers nonsense..
He is still adamant about that and he will create division along the way.

He's a 29 year old kid that has a lot to learn about the world.
Having served in the Marines, I look at him and simply cannot take him seriously.
He still acts like a kid and shows some of the worst leadership example I have ever seen.

He needs to be distanced from that strike.

Last edited:

KMANDERSON

*Edit* I should add that the above is my opinion; just what I've pieced together in the past couple of weeks.
that my point so why are people following he no longer drives he has nothing to gain from this

andaas

Attention / Media / Fame... meh.

I'm not an Abe fan - but I think he's served a purpose. Now we take the next 2 weeks to organize local groups and stage a strong protest on the chosen weekend. I feel like enough localized leadership will push above the disorganized ranting coming from uber freedom.

KeJorn

Attention / Media / Fame... meh.

I'm not an Abe fan - but I think he's served a purpose. Now we take the next 2 weeks to organize local groups and stage a strong protest on the chosen weekend. I feel like enough localized leadership will push above the disorganized ranting coming from uber freedom.
Except one major concern: They have streamlined the system they will use to disrupt drivers.
That OffThePath.org website. That needs to go. That was created by the #UberStrike guys, based off what Abe suggested.

Messing with drivers will create a LOT of anger.
If something happens during the strike because of that nonsense, it's on Abe's head. And it will likely be highlighted in the media. Not the kind of publicity this strike needs.

Just because I have different perspective doesn't make me a troll. The point I am trying to make is that if you are not happy with uber simply quit. You cant put a cash value on your sanity.
There is a certain amount of value in @@@@ing up their shit. It isn't always about cash. I consider myself an instrument of karma.

KeJorn

Abe is an attention/media/fame @@@@@. He's been trying to get press attention for his personal lawsuit, but the DFW driver strike happened and he capitalized on the opportunity and got the national strike ball rolling. *Edit* I should add that the above is my opinion; just what I've pieced together in the past couple of weeks.
Abe's ego, at it again...

• Harry Campbell
    Hey Abe, I think you're familiar with my blog (The Rideshare Guy) but I just reached out to Uber Man about all this. I think it might be productive to have a conversation with Randy about the strike if you're up for it.

I can host/mediate and try to remain impartial if you two would like to discuss things. I think we all want things like higher fares, tip option, etc for drivers - would probably be good to discuss it over a three-way skype video call and we can publish the chat for all our followers.

Lmk what you think, thx!

Like · Reply · 3 · 3 hrs

• UBER Freedom
      Hey Harry. I like what you said during that interview you did a few weeks ago about the California legal case. Nothing beneficial would come of me speaking with him. It could only hurt the movement by giving a person who doesn't support better treatment for drivers, more exposure. He should be ashamed for turning his back on all drivers. I am preparing to talk with the national media. This strike is about to hit the viral phase and I don't have time to waste with non supportive scabs.

Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr · Edited