• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Mad at Uber? Quit.

Wagz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if the company wants to change.. sure..

if not there are plenty of places to work

and if you know how ... no one is stopping yo from "creating your own platform" hell someone even already thought it out and worked out most of the kinks already... whats stopping you?

why work for a company that your miserable at ? ( as a low level person at that .. cause thats what we as drivers are/// those of us that drive cough ,, cough)

here is an answer that many will take offense to
uber is an entry level job with few barriers to get in .

havent killed or raped anyone? your IN

as with any low barrier to get in jobs... that require minimal skill. news flash the wages will suck cause if you dont do em or dont like em there is ALWAYS 500 others in line to do it.

now trick is .. once your in.. to make it work for you ... minfare ? @@@@ that !

reading up on these forums its seems very FEW people have figured out how to make money

the other 98% cry to change the system.. while staging outside a night club smh ...

the easiest part to replace is the driver in this uber equation
has no one figured that out yet ?

milk this cow for what its worth and move on when the tit dries up
or find a way to wring more milk out of that tit.

i know for you that uber tit dried up and you moved on .. hat tip to you

me and a few others have found a tit no one was sucking on and are milking the shit out of it..

cheers
well said

aaadock

A new platform can be started that puts drivers fast... By doing so drivers will happily do their jobs and by doing so they would provide excellent customer service.
i completely agree but its 1:42 am and i am bored so..

LYFT .. :
people love lyft cause they have a tip option .. drivers LOVE lyft.

lyft has everything every driver WANTS except what they NEED .. riders lol

i wanna see someone argue against that :smiles:

there is no way in hell lyft competes with uber not in the DFW market

yo may get a few good rides where everything is sunshine and rainbows but skittles dont pay the bills..

ubers non stop pinging .. THAT pays the citibank bill

Txchick

Is your company founded by a sociopath? I must admit, I don't believe Uber has the ability to reform or evolve. That is my personal opinion. Too much would need to be changed. It wouldn't be enough simply to raise rates to the $1.60 average some people are calling for these days. Uber's system is designed to function during peak times. Flood a town with tons of drivers to meet peak demand. The horrible rates/surge pricing is the mechanism to modulate the number of drivers. It is about the only self limiting factor within Uber's system. Simply raising rates would not do it.

Uber does not share any of the burden of car ownership. That creates a power imbalance so long as drivers have zero say. Uber's energies are so intensely directed at creating a noncompetitive playing field, that is kind of a hallmark of venture capitalism isn't it? Very destructive posture.

I personally am incapable of believing Uber can reform or evolve enough. In my mind, some other people are going to need find a better way of running this kind of livery business. Uber and Lyft will need to go, tough row to hoe.

You are a person with more faith than I if you believe Uber can evolve. I really do believe Kalanick is a sociopath. He is a destructive huckster.
I do believe Uber can change if you force them to. Who thought a couple of weeks ago Uber Black/SUV in Dallas could get Uber to change their policy of taking X calls on their platform. They went on strike bought the media attention on Uber & they reversed their policy. Sociopath is kinda strong. I personally do not know Kalanick so cannot judge if he is a sociopath.

aaadock

I do believe Uber can change if you force them to. Who thought a couple of weeks ago Uber Black/SUV in Dallas could get Uber to change their policy of taking X calls on their platform. They went on strike bought the media attention on Uber & they reversed their policy. Sociopath is kinda strong. I personally do not know Kalanick so cannot judge if he is a sociopath.
i agree with you on this.. ( uberblack thingy )

things to note..

they did it right.

small tight knit community .. most being the same "cultural" background made it easy to unite. ( in before the " im offended crowd" its true deal with it )

uberX on the other hand.. have you been on any facebook groups recently?

we ( uberx ) are too busy infighting to get any kind of organization going

with that said the uberblack caravans from DFW airport to Lamar was a thing of beauty..

show of hands.. how many think they can get 100 uber x drivers to do that even ONCE didnt they do it a few times ? .. i dont :
organizing uberX ... its like herding cats.

Pubsber

People will always hate their job, some more than others. When you go on this forum, the stories may sound bad but this is one of the few places we drivers can vent and talk to each other. Uber has it ups and downs but dont take this forum as a place for whiny drivers, its just a place to vent and xommunicate.

aaadock

sidenote : i saw an uberblack/SUV picking up at a run down shitty apt complex

had to be an X rate pick up felt kinda bad for the driver

Huberis

Sociopath is pretty strong. It isn't a word I typically throw around. Uber Black seemed to have a decent shot. As drivers, they have a bit more agency don't they? They carry commercial insurance I thought. Also, it seems to be something that Uber is moving away from.

I do believe change can happen. I am not sure the change will occur at a deep enough level to have a lasting effect. That is my gut feeling. My personal belief is that Uber's model for tailoring a fleet designed to meet peak demand is not sustainable. Much as I despise surge pricing, I simply don't have the brain power to figure out how such a fleet or style of operation could be managed without it. In order for there not to be five drivers on every corner, seems to me there is good reason to have base rates set terribly low.

How do you employ such a fleet of drivers, manage them effectively and fairly? Can it be done without some sort of regulatory help? That seems very hard to believe or imagine, Uber drivers are likely to do nothing but resist such input from federal and local governments.

Would Uber accept change or would they simply fold and close shop? How long have most of Kalanick's ventures lasted?

Kalanick may not be a sociopath, but it is in no way ruled out as a possibility.

Pubsber

Just because I have different perspective doesn't make me a troll. The point I am trying to make is that if you are not happy with uber simply quit. You cant put a cash value on your sanity.
You can say the same with anythinf in this world. Dont like taxes? Stop paying them. Dont like your spouse? Divorce them. Dont like your real jib? Quit. I think youre misinterpretating this forum. This place is meant for us to vent and help each other because it gets stressful at times.

aaadock

You can say the same with anythinf in this world. Dont like taxes? Stop paying them. Dont like your spouse? Divorce them. Dont like your real jib? Quit. I think youre misinterpretating this forum. This place is meant for us to vent and help each other because it gets stressful at times.

ahem..

sir your taking the fun out of arguing on this here forum..

:smiles:

Txchick

i completely agree but its 1:42 am and i am bored so..

LYFT .. :
people love lyft cause they have a tip option .. drivers LOVE lyft.

lyft has everything every driver WANTS except what they NEED .. riders lol

i wanna see someone argue against that :smiles:

there is no way in hell lyft competes with uber not in the DFW market

yo may get a few good rides where everything is sunshine and rainbows but skittles dont pay the bills..

ubers non stop pinging .. THAT pays the citibank bill
No Lyft does not compete with Uber in the DFW market. Their marketing is atrocious here.

Huberis

things to note..

they did it right.

small tight knit community .. most being the same "cultural" background made it easy to unite. ( in before the " im offended crowd" its true deal with it )

with that said the uberblack caravans from DFW airport to Lamar was a thing of beauty..

show of hands.. how many think they can get 100 uber x drivers to do that even ONCE didnt they do it a few times ? .. i dont :
Uber Black drivers are likely to be void of the casual component which describes the UberX experience. Uber Black driver are much more heavily invested. They are invested in expensive cars, they (I assume) have commercial insurance, they are driving on a platform which is somewhat in decline in terms of support. They are inherently already in competition with UberX whether they know it or not.

This should have been easier to make happen than an UberX walk off. That being said, to create and force change at Uber is going to take a lot of work. It is going to need to come from many different places in multiple forms.

The Uber Black protests in DFW were a good thing. A good start. A logical place to start considering their greater personal agency.

Txchick

things to note..

they did it right.

Well I did see a Uber X driver handing out Uber strike flyers tonight coming out of the Old Monk(Henderson area) tonight. There are so many X drivers out there they are not all just hanging out at one spot. Uber Black/SUV share heritage together & DFW airport.

aaadock

Well I did see a Uber X driver handing out Uber strike flyers tonight coming out of the Old Monk(Henderson area) tonight. There are so many X drivers out there they are not all just hanging out at one spot. Uber Black/SUV share heritage together & DFW airport.
You know what needs to happen ?

I would shit my pants from laughing so hard if this happened.

Some hard charging go getter type needs to hack Lauras txt system and broadcast the strike details.

That would make me raise a drink to em

Txchick

Sociopath is pretty strong. It isn't a word I typically throw around. Uber Black seemed to have a decent shot. As drivers, they have a bit more agency don't they? They carry commercial insurance I thought. Also, it seems to be something that Uber is moving away from.

I do believe change can happen. I am not sure the change will occur at a deep enough level to have a lasting effect. That is my gut feeling. My personal belief is that Uber's model for tailoring a fleet designed to meet peak demand is not sustainable. Much as I despise surge pricing, I simply don't have the brain power to figure out how such a fleet or style of operation could be managed without it. In order for there not to be five drivers on every corner, seems to me there is good reason to have base rates set terribly low.

How do you employ such a fleet of drivers, manage them effectively and fairly? Can it be done without some sort of regulatory help? That seems very hard to believe or imagine, Uber drivers are likely to do nothing but resist such input from federal and local governments.

Would Uber accept change or would they simply fold and close shop? How long have most of Kalanick's ventures lasted?

Kalanick may not be a sociopath, but it is in no way ruled out as a possibility.
Perhaps we could send him are you or aren't u a sociopath test. Wonder if he would take it???

Txchick

You know what needs to happen ?

I would shit my pants from laughing so hard if this happened.

Some hard charging go getter type needs to hack Lauras txt system and broadcast the strike details.

That would make me raise a drink to em
Ha ha ha!!! That would be grand!! Like putting a dead old fish in somebody's locker at school to get out of class. Ok I did that.

DallasDastard

BULLSHIT. Uber got drivers on the road with at the time was fair compensation. Then in an effort to destroy Cabs and Lyft they slashed prices and the drivers got eaten alive as a result. Did anyone see pos Uber reduce their 20% cut amidst all the "cost savings" so the driver can make a decent living? HELL NO. 100% of it has fallen on the drivers.

Huberis

BULLSHIT. Uber got drivers on the road with at the time was fair compensation. Then in an effort to destroy Cabs and Lyft they slashed prices and the drivers got eaten alive as a result. Did anyone see pos Uber reduce their 20% cut amidst all the "cost savings" so the driver can make a decent living? HELL NO. 100% of it has fallen on the drivers.
It isn't for the sole purpose of destroying Lyft and taxis. Travis wants that app on every phone. Having aces to every phone is more valuable to Travis in terms of generating capital, than having Uber try to make a profit.

Travis will tell you, he very much likes being a disruptive force. Making Uber very inexpensive make Uber more difficult to disrupt down the line. Eventually there is going to be another generation of people who believe they can do it better. Kalanick and Uber have opened a lot of doors, removed an awful lot of barriers by doing what they did. The fact that drivers are in no man's land halfway between employees and ICs makes them a bit of a target for someone who can come along and do it better. By setting the margins so low, so low in fact the Uber itself becomes pretty much a Ponzi scheme for generating capital for other money making ventures, they are very difficult to compete with.

They really want that app on people's phones. They can raise investment capital from Goldman Sachs etc, that is where it is at for them. Look into the technologies they are developing and looking to patent. Uber doesn't seem to need to make money. Amazon would make a great case study.