1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Mad at Uber? Quit.

Discussion in 'Dallas' started by Wagz, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Wagz

Wagz

Constantly complaining about how Uber is not fair is futile. If you feel like Uber is taking advantage of you then quit. Most people love working for uber because of the freedom it grants. Its a trade off at the end of the day... Freedom at times means less earning.

wjd1010, docswife and Liz_C like this.
  2. Micmac

Micmac

View attachment 14437
    View attachment 14376

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    wjd1010, Bulls23, KMANDERSON and 7 others like this.
  3. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Mmmm nope! You must mean Uber's rates are so low in the Dallas market that they compare to taxi rates @ .90 cents per mile in 1980. Just because you want change doesn't mean you dislike something. Uber is a great concept just to low of rates in Dallas. Drivers make Uber, not the other way around.

Jagent, caesar17, stuber and 8 others like this.
  4. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Micmac likes this.
  5. Wagz

Wagz

Just because I have different perspective doesn't make me a troll. The point I am trying to make is that if you are not happy with uber simply quit. You cant put a cash value on your sanity.

docswife and Liz_C like this.
  6. Micmac

Micmac

Listen Amigo we are talking about what is right and what is wrong . Hasta la vista senior.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Huberis and Txchick like this.
  7. Wagz

Wagz

Create your own platform then.

Liz_C likes this.
  8. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Your Spanish is magnifique!!

Micmac likes this.
  9. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

If our founding fathers had that thought process we would be still under British rule.

10. aaadock

aaadock

Driving:
    UberX
    hmm..

the founding fathers did just that..

dont think you thought this one out did you ?

they did create their own platform
    lead up to little thing they called the " constitution "

read up on it

they didnt like British rule.
    took up arms and " created their own platform "
    financed their little experiment with the blood of patriots and tyrants

The Federalist Papers
    http://thomas.loc.gov/home/histdox/fedpapers.html

Liz_C likes this.
  11. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

I am fully aware of what our founding fathers did. My point was & is change happened because they did not just "quit".

12. aaadock

aaadock

Driving:
    UberX
    "create your own platform" and "quit" are not one in the same

not by a long shot

they literally "created their own platform"

lol

Liz_C likes this.
  13. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

I know I thought it out just fine. Your reading between lines.

Micmac likes this.
  14. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

If they just quit then change would have never happened.

Jagent, MonsterGator and Micmac like this.
  15. aaadock

aaadock

Driving:
    UberX
    your wrong on this own txchic.

just let this one die.

we all think one thing and type another every once in a while..

today was your turn no biggie

just what you typed out was 100% wrong

it only works if you assume create your own platform = quit

it does not ....as evidenced by what we now know as the US of A ( when they "created their own platform"... )

Attached Files:

16. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

You can change things without creating a new platform by working within the platform. We do it all the time at the company I work for...it's called "evolve"

MonsterGator and KMANDERSON like this.
  17. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    Kalanick would like to greatly reduce the playing field through non competitive practices at the expense of drivers in mature markets. To simply turn your back on it is very much to be a part of the problem. Uber's proclivities, venture capitalism, the gig economy present a series of grave concerns for blue collar workers. To suggest drivers should just run off and start their own platform is silly talk. Hell, Uber doesn't even make money with their platform. to try to go off and compete would be like taking on some impossible to grasp Ponzi scheme. Kalanick uses Uber to fund the research and development of other technologies, patentable ideas which will make money for him and his investors long after Uber has ceased to exist. He is willing to rob people now in order to make those technologies come to fruition.

If people simply turn their backs and walk away from what Kalanick is doing, sooner or later, they will have nothing but more of the same to walk to. Their will be no reasonable alternative. Disrupt the disruptor.

18. aaadock

aaadock

Driving:
    UberX
    if the company wants to change.. sure..

if not there are plenty of places to work

and if you know how ... no one is stopping yo from "creating your own platform" hell someone even already thought it out and worked out most of the kinks already... whats stopping you?

why work for a company that your miserable at ? ( as a low level person at that .. cause thats what we as drivers are/// those of us that drive cough ,, cough)

here is an answer that many will take offense to
    uber is an entry level job with few barriers to get in .

havent killed or raped anyone? your IN

as with any low barrier to get in jobs... that require minimal skill. news flash the wages will suck cause if you dont do em or dont like em there is ALWAYS 500 others in line to do it.

now trick is .. once your in.. to make it work for you ... minfare ? **** that !

reading up on these forums its seems very FEW people have figured out how to make money

the other 98% cry to change the system.. while staging outside a night club smh ...

the easiest part to replace is the driver in this uber equation
    has no one figured that out yet ?

milk this cow for what its worth and move on when the tit dries up
    or find a way to wring more milk out of that tit.

i know for you that uber tit dried up and you moved on .. hat tip to you

me and a few others have found a tit no one was sucking on and are milking the **** out of it..

cheers

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Liz_C, Coachman and Wagz like this.
  19. Huberis

Huberis

Driving:
    Taxi
    Is your company founded by a sociopath? I must admit, I don't believe Uber has the ability to reform or evolve. That is my personal opinion. Too much would need to be changed. It wouldn't be enough simply to raise rates to the $1.60 average some people are calling for these days. Uber's system is designed to function during peak times. Flood a town with tons of drivers to meet peak demand. The horrible rates/surge pricing is the mechanism to modulate the number of drivers. It is about the only self limiting factor within Uber's system. Simply raising rates would not do it.

Uber does not share any of the burden of car ownership. That creates a power imbalance so long as drivers have zero say. Uber's energies are so intensely directed at creating a noncompetitive playing field, that is kind of a hallmark of venture capitalism isn't it? Very destructive posture.

I personally am incapable of believing Uber can reform or evolve enough. In my mind, some other people are going to need find a better way of running this kind of livery business. Uber and Lyft will need to go, tough row to hoe.

You are a person with more faith than I if you believe Uber can evolve. I really do believe Kalanick is a sociopath. He is a destructive huckster.

Jagent and Theboss2002 like this.
  20. Wagz

Wagz

A new platform can be started that puts drivers fast... By doing so drivers will happily do their jobs and by doing so they would provide excellent customer service.

Liz_C likes this.