MA State Inspection Sticker: Possible New Inspections for Uber Drivers?

annstan60

I was at my local gas station today for my inspection sticker. The guy doing the inspection said he "heard" there might soon be new rules/extra inspection issues just for Uber/Lyft drivers.... I had not heard about this yet - have any of you heard about it?

Kevin Ng

New machine arrived last week, it has cameras on it, i heard we have to go through a new rideshare vehicle inspection but no detail yet.

divo183

Wasn't this one of the things proposed by the State?
inspection.png

E30addixt

You're deluding yourself if you think this will accomplish anything other than emptying your pockets and filling the states.

Once every 50-70k or so isn't gonna catch shit and the real problem cars are going to find a way to get their sticker anyhow.

Where there is a will there is a way....people who can't pass a CORI etc are driving on a friend's account.....

GeorgeSteele

I have had an expired inspection sticker for 3 years now. I've spent over 1k trying to get it fixed and I'm done. I'll just drive the car into the ground and buy a new one.

E30addixt

MA is installing cameras at inspection stations and big brother will be online effective 10/1 from what I can tell.

The changes don't seem to have anything to do with rideshare.

Tiger12

Why? We have an annual state inspection right now. Why should there be an additional one?

Yeah what should be different about a car doing Uber than just driving down the road? Obviously excluding the obvious like needs 4 doors and seatbelts. I think it should be up to Uber/Lyft/Fasten to filter cars beyond what meets the standard state safety vehicle inspections, kinda like how they already do for Uber Black/Lyft Premium

B - uberlyftdriver

I sure do. There is nothing wrong with the car. I've brought it to Honda three times, and they can't figure what is making the check engine light come on. And because it won't go off, I can't get a sticker.

take it to a real mechanic, dealerships idiots are fresh out of school and can barely change oil.
i guarantee there is a guy local to you that specializes in honda/acura, specially if you have performance parts on it.

no such thing as can't be fixed. it just needs to be scanned to find out what sensor is bad and replaced, most likely an O2 sensor or TPS

Goodellsux

take it to a real mechanic, dealerships idiots are fresh out of school and can barely change oil.
i guarantee there is a guy local to you that specializes in honda/acura, specially if you have performance parts on it.

no such thing as can't be fixed. it just needs to be scanned to find out what sensor is bad and replaced, most likely an O2 sensor or TPS
Also do a google search for your issue. You will likely find at least one discussion board to help you diagnose and possibly fix the issue without seeing a mechanic.

Hugh J

I sure do. There is nothing wrong with the car. I've brought it to Honda three times, and they can't figure what is making the check engine light come on. And because it won't go off, I can't get a sticker.

Go to Autozone so they can turn it off.

B - uberlyftdriver

on both the above posts:rolleyes:

auto zone can tell you the code in OBD
then google the code with your type of car and then take it in to get it fixed with this info

GeorgeSteele

Just had the 02 sensor replaced. Light was off for about a week, and the
Or wait till a pax notices and reports it.

Oooohh not that. Lol

E30addixt

You could also invest in a scan gauge and pull codes yourself. A little Google education can go a long way, if not on this car, certainly for the future.

I've had one for 10 years or so and it's more than paid for itself diagnosing some of the shitboxes I tended to buy.