Lyft's Upfront Pricing

surlywynch

So I needed a ride tonight, very rare for me, and I fired up Uber to see what rates I was looking at. I have only taken Uber as a rider. (I drive for both). I opened up the Lyft rider app, never having requested a Lyft ride, and I see a message about up front pricing. I put in my destination and origin ( seemed more clunky than Uber's rider app) and the estimate flickered up and down and finally settled on a price that was about 5% higher than Uber.

I had no idea the Lyft was using an upfront pricing scheme like Uber.

So I needed a ride tonight, very rare for me, and I fired up Uber to see what rates I was looking at. I have only taken Uber as a rider. (I drive for both). I opened up the Lyft rider app, never having requested a Lyft ride, and I see a message about up front pricing. I put in my destination and origin ( seemed more clunky than Uber's rider app) and the estimate flickered up and down and finally settled on a price that was about 5% higher than Uber.

I had no idea the Lyft was using an upfront pricing scheme like Uber.
I think it's only in certain areas right now. I'm sure it will be everywhere as they make more by charging more. I get a lot of lyft rides that say lyft is cheaper and use it because of that. Lyft is cheaper here because they charge for the actual time and mileage and uber is upfront.