• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft?

czervik7

Pros: In-app tipping helps. Increases tips over Uber for sure. Has a Destination Filter where you can designate where you want to end up and it will only give you rides that are approximately on that route. Starts charging rider when you arrive at the pickup location. Gives you immediate accounting of your earned income (Uber often stalls on the last ride or two, sometimes for hours).

Cons: No in-app navigation, gotta use Waze or Google but it does coordinate with them. You'll get lots of requests for 20-30 minutes away. I ignore them. (Mini-pro: Lyft won't put you in timeout for missing requests. My acceptance rate is about 25-30%). Uber's driver app handles support and navigation better. Rides tend to be for younger, poorer people who don't travel as far (to/from work, school to apartment, etc.). Lots of rides in the hood. That doesn't mean you'll not ever get long rides.

Bottom line: You'll get a ton of Lyft requests during the day when Uber is slower. Many young people hate Uber, some have deleted the app because of the election (I'm not judging, just explaining). Fares are exactly the same. Do both and shut the other off when you get a call. It's really a no brainer.

Be sure to give a Lyft driver you know the referral bonus. You'll both get paid.

senorCRV

Lyft actually sent me an email today after I didn't pick up a "33 minute" ride in Cuyahoga Falls when I was in Massillon.

Like you could get from Massillon to the Falls in 33 minutes ever, yet alone at 4:30

However the email did say "

Account Update

Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it’s important that you’re there for them. We’ve reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you’ll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.

It’s best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team "

Which is the strongest worded email about it I've received yet.

I'm guessing my acceptance rate is near 20% or so. I'm sorry Lyft, I'm not driving to Cuyahoga Falls or anywhere else 25+ minutes away for one of your rude customers to stiff me on a ride of 2 miles.

senorCRV

If you run them both on one phone it works better with Lyft in the background rather than Uber.
Yes, Uber likes to time out. It asks if you want to stay on, but turns you off anyhow.

I use two phones most of the time. Mainly because my non-side hustle job is running a prepaid phone distribution company. So I don't pay much for phone service.

Any more I run both on my second phone instead of tying up my main phone and to prevent the accidental accept of a 30 minute lyft when I'm scrolling through Facebook.

czervik7

Lyft actually sent me an email today after I didn't pick up a "33 minute" ride in Cuyahoga Falls when I was in Massillon.

Like you could get from Massillon to the Falls in 33 minutes ever, yet alone at 4:30

However the email did say "

Account Update

Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it’s important that you’re there for them. We’ve reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you’ll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.

It’s best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team "

Which is the strongest worded email about it I've received yet.

I'm guessing my acceptance rate is near 20% or so. I'm sorry Lyft, I'm not driving to Cuyahoga Falls or anywhere else 25+ minutes away for one of your rude customers to stiff me on a ride of 2 miles.
I've gotten those many times. I responded that 1) I'm not going 25 minutes to take someone 3 miles from their pickup. 2) They underestimate EVERY arrival time. Soon as I get it up in Waze it adds 2-5 minutes to the Lyft estimate.

Lyft knows all this. They can't screw drivers as they need the smaller number they have. They need to start telling riders there are no cars available when the want me to drive 20-35 minutes away to pick them up.

Grimnard

The problem is they dont use a "navigational estimate" they use how far you are from someone, so the range is 10-20 miles, same as ubers, but in 35mph traffic, 10 miles can be 20-30 minutes... their is far more uber drivers, so you dont see the 20-30 minute drives...