Lyft XL

gomo

I have a new Honda Odyssey. After I joined Lyft, I had no choice but to ride Lyft XL only. Lyft and LyftXL must be mixed together. Do netizens have such a problem?

#professoruber

They gave it to me after a year or 1-5% acceptance rate.
D3564F1B-7292-4108-94CB-6AFFB8B39EF4.jpeg

B - uberlyftdriver

I have a new Honda Odyssey. After I joined Lyft, I had no choice but to ride Lyft XL only. Lyft and LyftXL must be mixed together. Do netizens have such a problem?

this is correct, no option for XL only on lyft
most drivers i know, just decline everything until they get an XL

GumballWaterson

this is correct, no option for XL only on lyft
most drivers i know, just decline everything until they get an XL
Or you can left your registration or insurance information expire for more than 30 days on the Lyft app, then when you put it back in, the app will give the choice of all available to you or just XL only. But if you do choose XL only, you have to maintain a high acceptance rate and score or the AI will throttle back your ride pings and give the less attractive ride choices. Nothing is worse for your earnings, than an AI scorn

gomo

Or you can left your registration or insurance information expire for more than 30 days on the Lyft app, then when you put it back in, the app will give the choice of all available to you or just XL only. But if you do choose XL only, you have to maintain a high acceptance rate and score or the AI will throttle back your ride pings and give the less attractive ride choices. Nothing is worse for your earnings, than an AI scorn
Hello, thank you for responding to my doubts. I still don't understand how to operate. Can you elaborate more? When I drive my Odyssey, I just want to receive the option of Lyft-XL. Because the 5-seater Lyft is really too cheap.
Post automatically merged:

They gave it to me after a year or 1-5% acceptance rate.
View attachment 509312
Hello, thank you for responding to my doubts. I still don't understand how to operate. Can you elaborate more? When I drive my Odyssey, I just want to receive the option of Lyft-XL. Because the 5-seater Lyft is really too cheap.

TDR

Why you want xl rides in general for moving only. It’s not big difference in pay, but you save car from tearing and over load. 🤷‍♂️🤔

GumballWaterson

You have to do the UNTHINKABLE, yes, you have to accept those crappy rides for a while and raise your Driver Portfolio Score (acceptance rate), if you want to stick in your thumb and pull out a plumb.

Daisey77

Post automatically merged:

You can either go into the Hub, email support, or there is an option within the app to request the XL only option. They'll either give it to you or they won't. If they won't, they won't. I asked every damn time I speak with a representative or someone at the local hub. They give me some bullshit lie. There's no reason to not give it to me with my rating and as long as I've been doing it. I drove 3 years in an SUV at basic Lyft rates because I did not have 3rd row. In my opinion, I've done my time and should be granted that option. I would simply just ask them if I was you. you won't know until you do. If they don't give it to you the only option you have is too declined if they don't give it to you the only option you have is to decline every single ride until you get an XL request. Is it unsafe to be doing while driving? Absolutely. Especially when they bombard you with requests. They don't care and they will try to make you feel guilty for letting down the community LOL When in fact they are the ones letting down the community.
Why you want xl rides in general for moving only. It’s not big difference in pay, but you save car from tearing and over load. 🤷‍♂️🤔
I don't know what the pay is in your Market but in my market, it's double the pay of basic Lyft or Uber X and since our vehicles usually get half the gas mileage, it's absolutely ridiculous they expect us to drive basic rates

Tampa Bay Hauler

I signed up for Lyft and was approved. I have a Chrysler Town and Country and only intended to drive Xl for Lyft. I planned to keep my Uber on X and XL. Lyft doesn't allow you to choose like Uber does. I never drove for Lyft.

Daisey77

I signed up for Lyft and was approved. I have a Chrysler Town and Country and only intended to drive Xl for Lyft. I planned to keep my Uber on X and XL. Lyft doesn't allow you to choose like Uber does. I never drove for Lyft.
Oh they do offer the XL only option. I know plenty of drivers who have it. They just pick and choose who they allow to have it which is bulshit! Denying me the ability to to fully optimize my income potential when I have a vehicle that qualifies. Denying us this options option screws us out of so much money it's not even funny. I'm so glad we're independent contractors🤪

GumballWaterson

Oh they do offer the XL only option. I know plenty of drivers who have it. They just pick and choose who they allow to have it which is bulshit! Denying me the ability to to fully optimize my income potential when I have a vehicle that qualifies. Denying us this options option screws us out of so much money it's not even funny. I'm so glad we're independent contractors🤪
Lyft believes if you wish to make money as an IC from them, you will do it by their rules. The choice is all yours, I guess. :smiles:

Daisey77

Lyft believes if you wish to make money as an IC from them, you will do it by their rules. The choice is all yours, I guess. :smiles:
Exactly. They literally act like a damn two year old throwing a temper tantrum for not getting their way. I would expect less of the cry baby attitude from a company who takes for the level of shiesty Shenanigan's to a whole different level . You can't play hardball then cry like that

Disgusted Driver

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem. I have a dodge caravan and I dropped the middle row so I wouldn't have pax sitting near me and I don't have to babysit 5 toddlers that don't want to wear masks.. I requested that they take xl off my account and they refused. I wanted xl removed so I could make the streaks. Otherwise on Saturday night I get a mixture and if I decline the xl I lose the streak. So now I have to accept them and then text them that I won't pick them up, hope they cancel or i could shuffle them. Not very productive solutions, giving me a little extra stress and their customers are not getting the rides.

Daisey77

@Disgusted Driver

Register your Dodge Caravan again as a new vehicle. When it asks how many seats, answer "5". You will have a duplicate vehicle in your profile that doesn't have XL. Worked for me.
This works great with document updates. You update just one of the vehicles at a time. Once the first one gets approved, then update the second one. That way you always have an account operating in case support is slacking on approving documents