Lyft working toward IPO: COST OF DRIVING A CAR IS $.60 to $1.00 per MILE

Uncle-not-Ant

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...g-cars-as-well-as-ride-services-idUSKCN1C41IY
20170929_144250.png

The experts say it costs 60 Cents to One Dollar to drive a car a mile.

So how are we rideshare drivers making a profit driving about three miles to get paid about 70 Cents for one of those three miles we drive (2 dead miles for every rider paid mile).

We arn't really making a profit...We are fooling ourselves.

Last edited:

Uncle-not-Ant

I don't understand? what does the one have to do with the other?
Read the article. Lyft going IPO. It cost $1/Mile to drive an owned car, $3/Mile to take Lyft...but Lyfts Self Driving Cars will bring down the $3/Mile cost lower than people can drive their own cars.

We are driving their riders for below our cost, and subsidising Lyfts growth until they don't need us anymore.

Safe_Driver_4_U

Read the article. Lyft going IPO. It cost $1/Mile to drive an owned car, $3/Mile to take Lyft...but Lyfts Self Driving Cars will bring down the $3/Mile cost lower than people can drive their own cars.

We are driving their riders for below our cost, and subsidising Lyfts growth until they don't need us anymore.
huh, I still don't understand, see the image! Are you saying the millions of drivers worldwide are being conned into building up the driverless car industry and the drivers are uncompensated investors? I can still express pay, what is not to like?

Attachments

• LYFT AD.JPG
    LYFT AD.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 93

Safe_Driver_4_U

Your either an industry shill, stupid, or in denial. But if you are a real driver, you will not like it when your engine or transmission goes out, or you finaly have your first rideshare collision or ticket, or when your Insurer finds out you Lyft and cancels you.
gawd they are evil....so much for "progressive" values, to exploit the financially underprivileged like that and then paint their company all anti capitalist and progressive, as if they were concerned about the "community". At least back in my day when a company was going to F you, it was straight forward, "we F you take it or leave it" no PR hype about progressive values and community. Geez, the fist bump is an evil deception, shattered, I am just shattered.

Uncle-not-Ant

gawd they are evil....so much for "progressive" values, to exploit the financially underprivileged like that and then paint their company all anti capitalist and progressive, as if they were concerned about the "community". At least back in my day when a company was going to F you, it was straight forward, "we F you take it or leave it" no PR hype about progressive values and community. Geez, the fist bump is an evil deception, shattered, I am just shattered.

Driverless cars on the road in mass are still years off ... keep driving at a loss as you are ... it will take time to reslize the losses unless your vehicle related event happens to you sooner than later

I can maybe see these rideshare companies using these self-driving to supplement "their" fleet of cars, but to replace drivers? Doubtful in my lifetime.
8 years from now all major cities will have the infrastructer ready.

By that time most of us drivers left will just be needed in the drivers seat for the pick-up & drop-off part of the ride (the two most dangerous and ticket prone parts), newer cars will drive themselves and will be a requirement (12 Year Old Bucket-of-Bolts won't be accepted at that point).