Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Lyft Won’t Honor Streak Bonus

6K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Goorgeous1321 
#1 ·
I’m furious. This morning I was pursuing a $25 bonus streak on Lyft. Made it to the 3rd passenger who comes to my car with 3 very small children. I asked how old they were and she said “4”. Then I asked if she had car seats. Of course she didn’t. I canceled the ride after explaining to her that I couldn’t give her a ride unless she had car seats. Of course she gave me the “I never heard that before” line. So at that point I had 2 rides under my belt, I then completed the last 3, no problem. That was my 5 rides for $25 bonus. I checked my account and the streak money wasn’t there of course. So I contacted Lyft and explained the situation to them. The first rep said he had to escalate it to another department but he praised me for my decision to cancel and assured me I made the right decision. He gave me my $5 cancellation fee. Later I get an email from another rep saying that they reviewed it and I wouldn’t be eligible for the $25 bonus because I canceled a ride. I explained to her again the reason I canceled the ride. Still no response. At this point I’ve escalated it and will continue to pursue this until I receive my bonus.

There is no way Lyft can justify penalizing a driver for not breaking the law. Legally, I could not transport those passengers- period. That should in no way affect my bonus. That should be common sense. Lyft is a joke! At this point it’s about the principle of the matter, stop looking for an excuse to screw drivers out of their bonuses. Do the right thing Lyft.

See less See more
#4 ·
I will be shocked if they honor the streak -- I've been in this exact same situation with a known repeat offender on car seats and I just pray they don't request a Lyft when I'm in the middle of a streak. And more often than not their g-d damn stupid ass avatar comes up and I'm left with the decision to either break my streak and save myself the hassle and time of dealing with this stupid idiot passenger yet again, or pray and hope that if I show up they won't have their kid with them (hasn't happened yet). The only way I don't break the streak is if I wait out the 5 minute timer then mark him a no-show. But then of course he re-requests as soon as I leave which of course means I get pinged yet again. DON'T YOU LOVE IT?!

#11 ·
Get the safety team involved when passengers don't have car seats. Just call the safety line number, report it, and then ask that you're never matched with them again. Lyft will send the passenger a letter saying not to do it and their account will be at risk for deactivation, but then you shouldn't have to deal with them again.

#7 ·
They didn't honor the streak. I went back and forth with Lyft all day via e-mail and finally they just stopped responding to me. Again, I have lost MAJOR respect for Lyft. Its clear Lyft doesn't care about their drivers OR passengers. If they cared about their passengers, they would expect and demand that drivers are safe at all times and would demand that drivers cancel these rides due to safety concerns. This tells me what I've suspected for a while... That Lyft really wants drivers to accept these dangerous rides because they want the money. If a driver gets into an accident, Lyft will then turn on the driver and deactivate them and pretend they didn't want the driver to accept the ride. What a scummy, shady company.

These kinds of requests should never even come to drivers in the first place. It would be fairly simple for Lyft & Uber to install a series of questions in the app when a passenger requests a ride and weed out those with children under 8 with no car seats. But they refuse to weed them out. Why? Again, because they want stupid drivers to accept these rides.

Well, I've given up on my $25 bonus but Lyft has awaken a beast within me. I'm blogging and sharing this experience on SM as much as I can and letting everyone know that Lyft encourages drivers to break the law. On the news I've seen several stories where they try to catch drivers who are willing to pick up children under 8 without car seats. They love exposing, catching and blaming drivers. Well the other side needs to be exposed. The fact that these rideshare companies encourage drivers to take these rides and penalize you by taking away your bonus if you don't take them.

Oh I have the time to be petty. Lyft the picked the right one to play with. I'm going to expose them.

#8 ·
. He gave me my $5 cancellation fee
Did you not wait out the 5 minutes before canceling?
I've been in this exact same situation with a known repeat offender
are you reporting them to Lyft? Every time you get this request I would address it with Lyft and ask them why they're not suspending this account
of course he re-requests as soon as I leave which of course means I get pinged yet again
you sit there and you collect every damn $5 you can.
Lyft the picked the right one to play with. I'm going to expose them.
take it to the media
They didn't honor the streak. I went back and forth with Lyft all day via e-mail
go to the office
finally they just stopped responding to me
they haven't responded to me in over a year!

#9 ·
I'm furious. This morning I was pursuing a $25 bonus streak on Lyft. Made it to the 3rd passenger who comes to my car with 3 very small children. I asked how old they were and she said "4". Then I asked if she had car seats. Of course she didn't. I canceled the ride after explaining to her that I couldn't give her a ride unless she had car seats. Of course she gave me the "I never heard that before" line. So at that point I had 2 rides under my belt, I then completed the last 3, no problem. That was my 5 rides for $25 bonus. I checked my account and the streak money wasn't there of course. So I contacted Lyft and explained the situation to them. The first rep said he had to escalate it to another department but he praised me for my decision to cancel and assured me I made the right decision. He gave me my $5 cancellation fee. Later I get an email from another rep saying that they reviewed it and I wouldn't be eligible for the $25 bonus because I canceled a ride. I explained to her again the reason I canceled the ride. Still no response. At this point I've escalated it and will continue to pursue this until I receive my bonus.

There is no way Lyft can justify penalizing a driver for not breaking the law. Legally, I could not transport those passengers- period. That should in no way affect my bonus. That should be common sense. Lyft is a joke! At this point it's about the principle of the matter, stop looking for an excuse to screw drivers out of their bonuses. Do the right thing Lyft.
The point of these streaks is to get the Drivers to accept every Ping. You failed to do that and you failed your community.

#10 ·
Next time wait the 5 minutes .... call PAX, hang up at 1st ring..... collect your $5 cancel fee.... get next PING.... get $25 Streak.

Or .... tell PAX she will need to cancel.

Just play the game better next time.....

I also think Lyft has a cancel option for "No Car Seat" which I don't think will break your streak. But that could be Uber and I might be confusing the 2 platforms.

#14 ·
I'm furious. This morning I was pursuing a $25 bonus streak on Lyft. Made it to the 3rd passenger who comes to my car with 3 very small children. I asked how old they were and she said "4". Then I asked if she had car seats. Of course she didn't. I canceled the ride after explaining to her that I couldn't give her a ride unless she had car seats. Of course she gave me the "I never heard that before" line. So at that point I had 2 rides under my belt, I then completed the last 3, no problem. That was my 5 rides for $25 bonus. I checked my account and the streak money wasn't there of course. So I contacted Lyft and explained the situation to them. The first rep said he had to escalate it to another department but he praised me for my decision to cancel and assured me I made the right decision. He gave me my $5 cancellation fee. Later I get an email from another rep saying that they reviewed it and I wouldn't be eligible for the $25 bonus because I canceled a ride. I explained to her again the reason I canceled the ride. Still no response. At this point I've escalated it and will continue to pursue this until I receive my bonus.

There is no way Lyft can justify penalizing a driver for not breaking the law. Legally, I could not transport those passengers- period. That should in no way affect my bonus. That should be common sense. Lyft is a joke! At this point it's about the principle of the matter, stop looking for an excuse to screw drivers out of their bonuses. Do the right thing Lyft.
Always no show too many passengers or no car seat.

#19 ·
I hear ya'. I boycotted them today out of sheer disgust. When I drive for them again I'll pay no attention whatsoever to the "Streak Bonus" scam because I know its a lie. I'm also doubling down on my other businesses. I cannot work long term for Lyft because they have no integrity and I don't respect them anymore.

#24 ·

Noob error! Lyft bonus offers don't mean that if you do the work to their requirements that you will receive the bonus. They mean that if you do the work as required you might get the bonus, depending on whether Lyft feels like it or not. For me, the high risk of not being paid removes any value of Lyft's bonus offers, so I ignore them.

#26 ·
You won't get the streak bonus if you cancel a ride for any reason.
On Friday I was once again trying to get a streak bonus and waiting for a pax when he called me and told me to cancel the ride. He claimed he couldn't cancel, which of course was a lie. I sat there and waited the full 5 minutes, until the notice popped up that said I could cancel the ride. I selected "Rider didn't show up" and I received my $5 cancel fee and my streak bonus was still active, it did not end my streak bonus. The key is wait the full 5 minutes and select "Rider didn't show up" even if they don't have car seats or whatever the reason, still always wait 5 minutes and select "Rider didn't show up". If the pax is right in front of me, like the parents with no car seats, next time I'll pull a little down the road and wait. I don't want to encourage people who are already angry that I denied the ride to vandalize my vehicle or do something else violent. I think its stupid that we have to wait 5 minutes, but unfortunately that's how the game is played.

#27 ·
On Friday I was once again trying to get a streak bonus and waiting for a pax when he called me and told me to cancel the ride. He claimed he couldn't cancel, which of course was a lie. I sat there and waited the full 5 minutes, until the notice popped up that said I could cancel the ride. I selected "Rider didn't show up" and I received my $5 cancel fee and my streak bonus was still active, it did not end my streak bonus. The key is wait the full 5 minutes and select "Rider didn't show up" even if they don't have car seats or whatever the reason, still always wait 5 minutes and select "Rider didn't show up". If the pax is right in front of me, like the parents with no car seats, next time I'll pull a little down the road and wait. I don't want to encourage people who are already angry that I denied the ride to vandalize my vehicle or do something else violent. I think its stupid that we have to wait 5 minutes, but unfortunately that's how the game is played.
That's nothing. I foolishly went for a ten dollar bonus . Payout was after completion of 5 consecutive trips . I made 6 back to back trips but on the third trip request after i accepted it, immediately afterwards the hourglass symbol kept spinning around and around in circles then suddenly it stopped and then i got a " something went wrong " on my screen and then the trip dissapeared . Called Lyft and they said they won't give me the ten bucks because one of my trips timed out ( they pretended like i didn't accept the trip ) . They got to think we are very stupid to keep falling for their continuous scams .

#28 ·
They didn't honor the streak. I went back and forth with Lyft all day via e-mail and finally they just stopped responding to me. Again, I have lost MAJOR respect for Lyft. Its clear Lyft doesn't care about their drivers OR passengers. If they cared about their passengers, they would expect and demand that drivers are safe at all times and would demand that drivers cancel these rides due to safety concerns. This tells me what I've suspected for a while... That Lyft really wants drivers to accept these dangerous rides because they want the money. If a driver gets into an accident, Lyft will then turn on the driver and deactivate them and pretend they didn't want the driver to accept the ride. What a scummy, shady company.

These kinds of requests should never even come to drivers in the first place. It would be fairly simple for Lyft & Uber to install a series of questions in the app when a passenger requests a ride and weed out those with children under 8 with no car seats. But they refuse to weed them out. Why? Again, because they want stupid drivers to accept these rides.

Well, I've given up on my $25 bonus but Lyft has awaken a beast within me. I'm blogging and sharing this experience on SM as much as I can and letting everyone know that Lyft encourages drivers to break the law. On the news I've seen several stories where they try to catch drivers who are willing to pick up children under 8 without car seats. They love exposing, catching and blaming drivers. Well the other side needs to be exposed. The fact that these rideshare companies encourage drivers to take these rides and penalize you by taking away your bonus if you don't take them.

Oh I have the time to be petty. Lyft the picked the right one to play with. I'm going to expose them.
Lyft's multi - billion dollar app isn't sophisticated enough to allow for such a justified "break" in the chain. It's programmed to count to five, that's all it can do. Like a kid learning to count with the fingers on one hand. Once there's an interruption, it has to start over. Don't blame the support monkeys for your fate. They are as helpless in the face of the app's shortcomings as you are in contacting anyone at Lyft who isn't based in Manila and reads template answers off the Lyft FAQ server. Something you could do yourself by the way, and save yourself the chore of typing your questions for support every time. Just look for the template they're gonna read to you yourself. The outcome will be exactly the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.