Lyft walking in Uber's footstep

Goom

So I keep getting warning threats from Lyft. This is what I received today. Let me preface that by explaining that my situation yesterday. I started at 5am and I live in Keller. My first request was in Denton (30mins away). My second and third request was at the museum district in FTW (26mins away). My fourth request was in West Fort Worth on Camp Bowie (28minutes away).

Lyft sent me this email today as my third warning.

Missed requests aren’t good for the community.

It looks like you’re continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we’re reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we’d love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

=========================================
So my reply to them:

Dear Lyft Management,

Continue to threaten me all you want. Until you spend some investment in fixing the request radius issue, I will continue to decline trips which I deem not in my best interest. My first 4 request yesterday morning May 23) were 25-30minutes away.

Do you have a local manager here in DFW? Do you know how spread out the metroplex is? No driver is going to drive 30 minutes to a request? Would you drive 30minutes not knowing if the ride is going to be $5 or $20?

You are better off notifying passengers that there are no drivers available rather than keeping them disappointed when drivers turn down request.

And speaking of which, based on the settlement court case on Uber vs Independent Contractor, am I not classified as an independent contractor are free to choose who I conduct business with? And Should that not include that I will only do business for passengers that are in close proximity to my geographical location?

If you need any clarification, you may contact the following attorney for clarification on what is considered an independent contractor.

Shannon Liss-Riordan
Adelaide Pagano
Lichten & Liss-Riordan, P.C.
729 Boylston Street, Suite 2000
Boston, MA 02116
www.llrlaw.com
Tel: (855) 590-2600
[email protected]

Sincerely,

E

Pumpula

The problem is, you are worried about it. Ehhhfff... whaaattevvvaaa is the only thing i think when i get stuff like that. They cant make me and if they tried id move on. All that email is is propaganda to try and make you think they would ever do shit.. but fact is.. you make them money.. so they wont.. rider perception be damned. Pay us better and id take every ping i get.. otherwise.. i will cherry pick and screen my rides before i move the shifter out of park or change direction if moving

Micmac

L
So I keep getting warning threats from Lyft. This is what I received today. Let me preface that by explaining that my situation yesterday. I started at 5am and I live in Keller. My first request was in Denton (30mins away). My second and third request was at the museum district in FTW (26mins away). My fourth request was in West Fort Worth on Camp Bowie (28minutes away).

It looks like you’re continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we’re reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we’d love your help being there for them.

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

So my reply to them:

Dear Lyft Management,

Continue to threaten me all you want. Until you spend some investment in fixing the request radius issue, I will continue to decline trips which I deem not in my best interest. My first 4 request yesterday morning May 23) were 25-30minutes away.

Do you have a local manager here in DFW? Do you know how spread out the metroplex is? No driver is going to drive 30 minutes to a request? Would you drive 30minutes not knowing if the ride is going to be $5 or $20?

You are better off notifying passengers that there are no drivers available rather than keeping them disappointed when drivers turn down request.

And speaking of which, based on the settlement court case on Uber vs Independent Contractor, am I not classified as an independent contractor are free to choose who I conduct business with? And Should that not include that I will only do business for passengers that are in close proximity to my geographical location?

If you need any clarification, you may contact the following attorney for clarification on what is considered an independent contractor.

Shannon Liss-Riordan
Adelaide Pagano
Boston, MA 02116
www.llrlaw.com
[email protected]

Sincerely,

E
I don't see how the missed request email is a threat at all. They did not say anything about wait list or deactivation that I can see.
As far as I know Uber/Lyft can not deactivate you if you ignoring pings that s part of the settlement with the court!

KMANDERSON

So I keep getting warning threats from Lyft. This is what I received today. Let me preface that by explaining that my situation yesterday. I started at 5am and I live in Keller. My first request was in Denton (30mins away). My second and third request was at the museum district in FTW (26mins away). My fourth request was in West Fort Worth on
They sent one to me yesterday too. It's the first one I've ever received and I cancel or don't accept 35% of the requests I get. I find no reason to perform unprofitable services. If Lyft can't understand that, I don't need them.
I get those every month

Micmac

Number one problem with Lyft. They then have the audacity to harass you about being selective?

I hope this is true, because that's just how it should be.
I hope too cause those cartel don't go by any book I hope they get kik out by the state of Texas!

ExpendableAsset

I would not take those requests either, it would be counterproductive. However, there are smarter ways of going about this. If you receive a request from a somewhat obnoxious distance, simply accept the request, call the rider, and explain that you are simply too far away and that it must be some kind of error with the system. Apologize profusely and inform them that there is no penalty for cancellation at this juncture. Problem solved. (In case you are wondering, this is what I do, precisely, exactly and verbatim with an approximate 95 percent success rate).

Brunch

Thanks,
The Lyft Team

So my reply to them:

Dear Lyft Management,

Shannon Liss-Riordan
Adelaide Pagano
Boston, MA 02116
www.llrlaw.com
[email protected]

Sincerely,

E

Any updates to this story? Lyft shouldn't expect you to accept trips 25-30 minutes away.