Lyft vs. Uber

Rayn10

Anyone notice Lyft has been far less stingy with the Prime Time compared to Uber with Surge, as of the last few weeks? Seems like a role reversal compared to the way it had been before the 180 Days.
What's the highest primetime that you got tonight? It was 700% somewhere. 600% by me but all I could get was a 400% ride short with a $10 tip to make it 600% essentially

pvtandrewmalone

For the first time in a long time, did more Lyft than Uber last night. Highest I got was 350% in New Brunswick. $17 for a minimum fare ride. Not so much super high Prime Time, but consistent throughout the night, whereas Uber surges as of late seem to pop up then end before you have a chance to actually get one.

Here is the kicker...At bar close, Lyft in Princeton was at 200% PrimeTime for the better part of the 1AM hour, while Uber only got up to 1.4X for about 2 minutes then quickly back to base rate.

I suspect Uber still charged a lot of the pax surge last night, but just pocketed it rather than giving it to the drivers. Another wonderful 180 day change.

I still wonder...who are the morons taking base rate .69 calls from bars at 1:35AM?

Last edited:

newell138

I had a few rides last night where pax paid about 95% of my fare and I didn’t take the long way. Pax fares seemed very low I wonder if there was a glitch

Rayn10

For the first time in a long time, did more Lyft than Uber last night. Highest I got was 350% in New Brunswick. $17 for a minimum fare ride. Not so much super high Prime Time, but consistent throughout the night, whereas Uber surges as of late seem to pop up then end before you have a chance to actually get one.

Here is the kicker...At bar close, Lyft in Princeton was at 200% PrimeTime for the better part of the 1AM hour, while Uber only got up to 1.4X for about 2 minutes then quickly back to base rate.

I suspect Uber still charged a lot of the pax surge last night, but just pocketed it rather than giving it to the drivers. Another wonderful 180 day change.

I still wonder...who are the morons taking base rate .69 calls from bars at 1:35AM?
Tonight, I did not take anything less than 100% primetime. That's very low. I want all 250% and above. At 1:58am I was parked, offline, and heard a request, not coming from my phone. I look across the street and it's some moron accepting a non primetime at bar closing time. I yelled "no primetime??... good luck!"

All day

Attachments

• IMG_7143.jpg
    IMG_7143.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 59

pvtandrewmalone

newell138 You are a South Jersey Shore guy...am I correct?

I noticed very low base rate fares at the shore last weekend. I rode as a pax from Wildwood Crest to North Wildwood and paid $8 and change. POOL would have been in the $7 range.

What you're telling me adds to my theory they are equalizing the shore and non-shore rates for the pax but not the drivers. Basically charging the equivalent of shore rate statewide on most trips but not paying the drivers accordingly.

newell138

newell138 You are a South Jersey Shore guy...am I correct?

I noticed very low base rate fares at the shore last weekend. I rode as a pax from Wildwood Crest to North Wildwood and paid $8 and change. POOL would have been in the $7 range.

What you're telling me adds to my theory they are equalizing the shore and non-shore rates for the pax but not the drivers. Basically charging the equivalent of shore rate statewide on most trips but not paying the drivers accordingly.

Meaning increasing rates in north jersey for pax?

anteetr

I've strongly preferred Uber since I started driving for both. Until this week. They've taken their bad faith and manipulation bullshit to a whole other repugnant level. They love to put surges on near where there is demand but not actually where it's coming from so they can sucker us into taking base fare rides while they still charge surge prices. It used to be just the airport, but now it's everywhere. They last for 2 minutes from beginning to end. It's so obvious and transparent what they're doing and I am completely disgusted by it.

I also have noticed that the DF doesn't work right since they indian gave the 4 on Thursday. It's been as useless as Lyft's to me since 9/28. I took 2 trips on DF with Uber this weekend that sucked and did 97% of my rides with lyft. I covered a lot of ground with it on Friday afternoon and got nothing. I couldn't believe it.

Cigars

It's like choosing who's better between Pol Pot and Augusto Pinochet.
/QUOTE]

Thats easy.
1 killed millions and destroyed a country its economy, its culture, and its governance and left it destitute for generations. It took another communist country (Vietnam) to invade to stop the killing.
The other killed 3,000.
But saved a country from its economic destruction and eventually stepped down from his dictatorship, leaving behind one of the best run countries and best constitutions in Latin America that has become the most prosperous country in Latin America.

Pinchet was a cruel dictator, but not in anyway comparable to Pol Pot.

pvtandrewmalone

Well said anteetr. Could not have said it better!

It seems like Lyft made unadvertised improvements to their DF around the time when Uber switched to 6. Got a few Princeton to EWR PrimeTime runs with Lyft this past month. Now what Lyft needs to do is copy over the "Long Trip" tag and they will get even more dual drivers like you and me to focus on them.

Last edited:

anteetr

It seems like Lyft made unadvertised improvements to their DF around the time when Uber switched to 6. Got a few Princeton to EWR PrimeTime runs with Lyft this past month. Now what Lyft needs to do is copy over the "Long Trip" tag and they will get even more dual drivers like you and me to focus on them.

Thanks!

I have also noticed Lyft's DF works better than it has been, but it's still not good. Uber's used to be very reliable but since Thursday it's not. I'd like to meet that smug hipster @@@@@boy so I can give em an atomic wedgie, preferably in front of his mommy.

IMG_1196.PNG

So long as I think I will make more money with lyft I will focus on them. There was nothing to think about for me this past week and it looks to be shaping up the same way this week. I made great money this weekend and didn't work at all on Saturday.

Caspita

I’d love to se Lyft implementing that “Long Trip” tag too. And they should go one ahead of Fuber and let is customize in 15mins intervals starting with 30mins as a minimum. I’m in an area where I need to move 15-20 farther so I can see predictable and reliable “Long Trips”.

pvtandrewmalone

And while they are at it, I would also love to see Lyft put in a 1-2 second delay from the time a ping appears to the time my finger registers acceptance, like Uber already does. That's been a bug in the Lyft Android app for a long time. Too many times, I am using my phone with Lyft running in the background, and my finger registers acceptance before I can even look at the ping.

Caspita

And while they are at it, I would also love to see Lyft put in a 1-2 second delay from the time a ping appears to the time my finger registers acceptance, like Uber already does. That's been a bug in the Lyft Android app for a long time. Too many times, I am using my phone with Lyft running in the background, and my finger registers acceptance before I can even look at the ping.
Yeah I have heard of that one.. that issue with the app switching/accepting as soon as the ping comes regardless of what other app you are using seems to be for Android only.. I have iPhone and don't see that behavior and I won't be surprised if it actually happening by design and they didn't do the same for iPhone only because the iOS SDK doesn't really allow to take over control of the device like that... so it's probably not an issue/bug but actually a feature lol!

Entitled_ Bro

It would be better if we teamed up and made our own company, screw these idiots. I think the Lyft overlords trolled me hard yesterday. Got a ping and noticed the person was an exact freaking clone of another passenger I got a long time ago, a passenger that I will never forget. Afterwards I was like this...